Offering flights to more than 220 exciting destinations on six continents, Air Canada is the biggest Canadian airline. By no means a low-cost airline, Air Canada is still well-regarded by frequent flyers for offering amazingly low-fare flight deals. The airline also makes it convenient for passengers to modify their reservations with its Manage Booking facility. Have you made an error in the passenger’s name during the flight booking process? Read further for details on Air Canada change name on ticket guidelines.
Request name change on Air Canada tickets without additional charges. For assistance, contact our booking change experts at Name Change Helpline Number: +1-805-270-2898 (available 24/7).
Air Canada Name Change Policy
Mistakes in entering the passenger’s name during the booking process can happen due to making the reservation in haste. Air Canada understands this; which is why the airline has issued extremely lenient guidelines for requesting a name change. Below are the highlights of the Air Canada Name Change Policy.
- If you are changing/correcting your name on an Air Canada flight ticket within 24 hours of making the booking, the airline shall not charge any name change fee.
- For a name change on the ticket requested after the above-stated 24-hour risk-free window, you will be required to pay the name change fee.
- Air Canada allows the correction of misspellings in the passenger’s name on tickets.
- Misspellings can be corrected for a maximum of 3 characters in the passenger’s name
- The airline also allows a change of passenger’s last name on the ticket.
- If you are changing your last name on an Air Canada ticket, the airline shall ask you to submit relevant legal documents supporting the last name change.
- Passengers are eligible for requesting a name change for tickets from the 014 ticket inventory.
- The name change or name correction must match the name on the passenger’s passport and other IDs issued by the government.
- A name change on the ticket is permitted for tickets purchased both directly with Air Canada and from a third-party travel agency.
- You will be eligible to do an Air Canada Name Change up to 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- To do a name change on an Air Canada ticket, either visit the Air Canada official site or contact experts at the Name Change Helpline (+1-805-270-2898).
Related: Air Canada Flight Change Policy
Types of Air Canada Name Change
Name changes on Air Canada tickets can be broadly categorized into the following two categories:
- Minor Name Changes (misspellings, inverted name, etc.)
- Major Name Changes (change in passenger’s last name)
Minor name changes or corrections on Air Canada tickets are much easier to perform. As mentioned in the Air Canada Name Change Policy section, passengers will be allowed to correct a maximum of 3 characters in their name on an Air Canada ticket. In certain circumstances, the airline can allow you to do a minor name change free of cost even if the 24-hour risk-free period has elapsed.
A Major Name Change generally refers to changing the passenger’s Last Name. There are times when a passenger’s name gets changed after the booking has been made due to marriage, divorce, etc. The last name change can take longer as the airline may verify the supporting documents submitted by the passenger.
As far as changing the first name of the passenger on a flight ticket, Air Canada hasn’t provided any information. You can get related queries answered by calling the Name Change Helpline Number: +1-805-270-2898 (available 24/7).
Air Canada Name Change Fee
If your Air Canada flight ticket has been booked less than 24 hours prior, you can do a name change through the Manage Booking portal without having to pay any additional charges. If your booking was made more than 24 hours ago, Air Canada shall charge you a fee ranging from $60 to $200. The fee can vary depending on the ticket type or fare type you have purchased. If you are requesting to change your name on an Air Canada ticket nearer to the flight’s departure, the name change fee shall be on the higher side.
How To Change Name On Air Canada Ticket?
There are two methods of performing an Air Canada Name Change. Your first option is to change your name online by visiting Air Canada’s website and retrieving your booking on the Air Canada Manage My Booking portal. The second option is to speak to an Air Canada representative and request a name change over a phone call. Read further for details on both online and offline name change processes.
Change Name On Ticket Online (Manage Booking Method)
- Visit the Air Canada official site (or call our Name Change Helpline).
- On the homepage, you shall see the ‘My Bookings’ tab, click on it.
- Fill in your Booking Reference/Ticket Number and the passenger’s Last Name in the respective fields.
- Click on the ‘Find’ button and the website shall retrieve your booking.
- Select the flight booking you wish to do a name change for.
- Go to the passenger’s details section and select the Name Editing or Name Change option.
- Correct your name to match the name on your travel documents.
- Make the payment (if applicable).
If your booking name change is not updated within the next 20 minutes, it is recommended that you communicate the same to Air Canada’s help team. The updated reservation should be emailed to you.
Change Name On Ticket Offline (via Phone Call)
Requesting an ‘Air Canada change name on the ticket’ by calling the airline is a much more efficient option. All you have to do is dial the Name Change Helpline Number: +1-805-270-2898. You will be connected to an Air Canada Live Person who shall assist you with getting your name changed on the ticket. You can also get any related booking change queries answered by speaking to a live representative. Make sure to keep your booking details handy before getting your phone call connected with Air Canada.
Can I transfer an Air Canada ticket to someone else?
Passengers often make the mistake of confusing a name change with transferring the Air Canada ticket to another person. This however is not possible as Air Canada prohibits the transfer of tickets and issues non-transferable tickets only. If you find yourself in the situation of requiring to transfer the ticket to another passenger, your only option is to cancel the booking and apply the refunded amount to a fresh reservation in the name of the other passenger. If you cancel the booking within 24 hours of the initial purchase, you shall be able to recover the entire paid amount.