Canada’s largest airline, Air Canada has received praise for its customer-friendly policies and booking flexibility. Due to a change in plans, passengers often request the airline to get their flight rescheduled. Have you also booked a flight with Air Canada but wish to travel on a different date or time? Flight changes with Air Canada can be done mostly without additional charges. There are also times when due to uncontrollable circumstances, Air Canada will reschedule your flight involuntarily. Here’s everything you need to know about Air Canada Reschedule Flight guidelines.
For assistance with rescheduling your flight, get in touch with our booking experts. Call us now at +1-805-270-2898 (available 24/7).
Air Canada Reschedule Flight Policy
Rescheduling a flight refers to changing the departure date and time for an already booked flight. Following are the guidelines issued by Air Canada under its Reschedule Flight policy:
- If the passenger is rescheduling their flight within 24 hours of ticket purchase, Air Canada won’t charge any fee for the same.
- You can only request to reschedule your flight up to 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- Passengers carrying a Latitude, Premium Economy Flexible, Business Class Flexible, Comfort, and Award fare ticket can reschedule their flight without any charges if the change is requested more than 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- You won’t be eligible for rescheduling a flight after 24 hours of making the booking if you have purchased a Basic Economy ticket.
- If you are rescheduling your flight after 24 hours of purchasing the ticket, the airline shall charge you a flight change fee for certain fare types (more details in the Air Canada Reschedule Fee section).
- If your new flight is costlier, you will be required to pay the fare difference.
- The flight change fee can vary depending on the fare type you have purchased.
- If your reservation was made via a third-party agency, it is recommended that you request rescheduling your flight through the third-party service itself.
- If your booking was made directly with Air Canada, you can reschedule your flight through the official channels of the airline (website, phone number, airport ticket counter).
What if my flight is rescheduled by Air Canada?
As mentioned earlier, due to technical errors, unfavorable weather conditions, and any other factor not in the control of the airline, Air Canada reschedule your flight involuntarily. If the flight you are being rebooked on doesn’t meet your requirements, you can request another rebooking on an alternate flight.
Furthermore, if your Air Canada flight is rescheduled and doesn’t arrive within 3 hours of the original flight’s scheduled departure, you can contact the airline for a refund. Air Canada clearly states that if a customer’s travel plans are affected due to disruptions with their flight, the airline will not only issue a refund but also possibly provide compensation for the same.
Related: Air Canada Change Flight Policy
Air Canada Reschedule Fee
As mentioned in the policy section, Air Canada shall not charge you any fee for rescheduling a flight if you do so in the first 24 hours since making the reservation. The flight Rescheduling fee is only applicable if the flight change is requested after the 24-hour risk-free window and that too for certain fare types. The Air Canada Reschedule fee is as follows:
|Fare Type||Reschedule/Change Fee|
|Standard Ticket||USD 25-100|
|Flexible Ticket||USD 25-50|
|Comfort Ticket||USD 25|
|Award Ticket||USD 0-100|
Rescheduling a Latitude, Business, or Premium Economy Class flight shall also be free of cost regardless of the time of requesting the change.
Note: Rescheduling a flight shall be cheaper if requested more than 60 days prior to the scheduled departure.
How To Reschedule Air Canada Flight?
Air Canada offers its customers various modes for making changes to their itinerary. If you wish to get your flight rescheduled online, You can do so by visiting the Air Canada Official Website. The entire process for rescheduling an Air Canada flight online is provided below:
- Open the Air Canada Official Site on your web browser.
- Once on the homepage of the website, click on the ‘Book’ tab.
- Now click on the ‘Manage Your Bookings’ option.
- Enter your booking reference/ticket number.
- Now enter the passenger’s last name.
- Click on the ‘Find’ button to retrieve your booking.
- You will be shown all the future flights you have scheduled with the airline. Choose the flight that you wish to reschedule.
- Select the Flight Change option.
- Choose your new flight that meets your travel requirements.
- Pay the fare difference (if any) and complete the flight reschedule process.
Once you have followed these steps correctly, Air Canada will soon email you the updated booking details.
Reschedule Flight via Call
If you wish to get your flight rescheduled instantly without having to go through the online process, you can contact the airline via a phone call. Make sure that you keep your booking details handy, especially the booking reference or ticket number. The Air Canada Live Person shall require essential booking information to get your flight rescheduled. Additionally, You can get assistance with your booking if your flight was rescheduled by Air Canada itself and it doesn’t suit your travel plans.
Need assistance with rescheduling your flight seat? Get your queries answered by contacting our booking specialists at +1-805-270-2898 (available 24/7).
Q. How much does it cost to reschedule a flight with Air Canada?
A. If a rescheduling fee is applicable, it can vary anywhere between USD 25-100 depending on the fare type you have purchased.
Q. Can I get a refund for an Air Canada rescheduled flight?
A. If your Air Canada flight is rescheduled and the change is significant when compared to the original booking, you shall be entitled to a refund.
Q. Can non-refundable tickets be rescheduled?
A. Non-refundable tickets are also eligible for getting rescheduled.