Last updated on October 14th, 2022 at 11:07 am
Mistakes being made during the booking process are not uncommon. We often book our flights in a hurry resulting in errors being made when filling in the necessary information. Have you booked a flight with Alaska Airlines but entered an incorrect passenger name. Booking changes are extremely convenient with Alaska Airlines. Read further for all the necessary details on Alaska Airlines’ change name on the ticket.
Get your name changed instantly on your Alaska Airlines flight ticket. Contact our booking modification helpline number: +1-888-503-5072 (available 24/7).
Alaska Airlines Name Change Policy
Alaska Airlines has issued the following guidelines regarding name changes on its flight tickets:
- Alaska Airlines allows customers to correct misspellings in the first, middle, and last names as well as do legal name changes.
- You can correct a maximum of 3 characters in your first, middle, and last name.
- A middle name can be added or removed from the passenger’s name on the ticket.
- Prefix or suffix can also be added or removed.
- Any name changes requested within 24 hours of ticket purchase are absolutely free of cost.
- If you are changing your name after the 24-hour risk-free period has already elapsed, the airline shall charge you $125 as a name change fee.
- Legal name changes shall require the submission of supporting legal documents.
- Supporting documents can include the following
- Court Order
- Marriage License
- Divorce Decree
- Any other relevant legal name change document
- If your booking was made via third-party travel agents, you must request a name change on Alaska Airlines tickets through the third-party service itself.
- Any name change/correction done on the ticket should match with the name provided on the passenger’s government-issued ID and passport.
- The airline charges zero name change fee for legal name changes.
- A name change is not possible on the flight’s scheduled departure day itself.
Note: Name change/correction on Alaska Airlines tickets is only permitted once.
How To Change Name On Alaska Airlines Ticket?
Name changes on Alaska Airlines tickets can be done via either of the online or offline channels of the airline. If you opt to go for the online route, you will be required to visit the Manage Booking portal available on the official website of Alaska Airlines. Both online and offline modes of the name change are discussed in detail below:
Change Name On Ticket Online
Alaska Airlines’ name change on the ticket process is provided below:
- Open the Alaska Airlines official site on your preferred web browser.
- In the header of the website, you will see the Manage option, click on it.
- Enter the passenger’s last name and booking confirmation code to retrieve your flight booking.
- Once you have selected the booking for which you wish to change your name, you will see various booking modification options on the screen.
- Go to the passenger’s details section.
- Correct/change your name to match with the name on the government-issued ID and passport.
- Confirm the changes and make the payment (if any).
Once the name change on the ticket is confirmed from Alaska Airlines’ end, you will be emailed your updated booking details. Make sure to double-check the name change/correction.
Change Name On Ticket via Phone Call
Alternatively, you can opt for the offline route and get your name changed on the ticket by contacting the airline via phone call. Simply dial the Alaska Airlines helpline number and you will be connected to a live representative of the airline. Once your call is connected, communicate your name change/correction request to the live agent. While your request is being completed, you can also get answers to any other booking modification queries you might be having. It is strongly recommended that you call the airline during the early hours of the day to avoid unnecessarily long wait times.
For assistance with Alaska Airlines name change on tickets, speak to our flight booking specialists at Name Change Helpline Number: +1-888-503-5072 (available 24/7).
Alaska Airlines Name Change Fee
If you are changing your name on an Alaska Airlines ticket within the initial 24 hours since the ticket purchase, the airline will not charge you any name change fee. To be eligible for the 24-hour name change policy, your flight booking has to be made at least seven days before the scheduled departure. If you have missed this window and are requesting a name change after the first 24 hours, you will e required to pay a $125 fee. Legal name changes can be made free of cost granted you provide the necessary supporting documents.
Can I Transfer Alaska Airlines’ tickets to another person?
The eligibility for name change/correction must not be confused with the transferability of tickets. Alaska Airlines offers no transferable tickets. This means you cannot change the name on the ticket to another person. Ticket transfers are prohibited to ensure the safety of co-passengers on the flight as ticket transfers increase the risk of phony passengers boarding the flight. If you wish for another passenger to travel in your place, your best option is to cancel the reservation entirely and use the refunded value to book the ticket for the other passenger.
Q. Do I have to pay a fee for changing my name on Alaska Airlines?
A. Name change and only be done free of cost if the change is requested within 24 hours of ticket purchase.
Q. Can I add a middle name on my Alaska Airlines flight ticket?
A. Yes, a middle can be both added and removed on an Alaska Airlines flight ticket.
Q. My surname changed after marriage, can I get it changed on my Alaska Airlines flight ticket as well?
A. Yes, Alaska Airlines allows changing the surname on its flight tickets if you submit the necessary legal documents.
Book the cheapest flights! Visit Alaska Airlines Low Fare Calendar.