Last updated on October 14th, 2022 at 11:07 am
The sixth-largest North American airline, Alaska Airlines operates flights on an extensive domestic route network. The airline can fly its customers to over a hundred destinations across the contiguous United States. If you have booked a flight with the airline, you might want to ensure a comfortable flight journey by selecting the ideal flight seats. Read further for details regarding Alaska Airlines change seats and seat selection fee.
For assistance with seat change/seat selection, get in touch with our booking experts. Call us now at +1-888-503-5072 (available 24/7).
Alaska Airlines Seat Change Guidelines
Alaska Airlines is lenient and customer-friendly when it comes to its various policies. Seat selection and seat change guidelines are provided below:
- Once your flight is booked, Alaska Airlines shall automatically assign you a flight seat.
- Customers are eligible to change the pre-assigned flight seat.
- You can change your Alaska Airlines flight seat once the booking has been made up until the check-in process.
- Although changing flight seats are free of cost, the airline does charge a fee for the selection of Premium Seats.
- If you are changing an Economy Class seat, the airline shall not charge you any seat selection fee.
- Seat selection is limited for the Saver Fare offered by Alaska Airlines.
- You can select your flight seat either during the booking process (referred to as pre-reserving flight seat), via the Manage Booking portal once the reservation is already made, or at the kiosk or check-in counter.
- If your Alaska Airlines flight was booked via a travel agent, it is recommended that you contact the third party for a change of seats or seat selection.
How to do Alaska Airlines Seat Selection? | Change Seats Online/Offline
Alaska Airlines’ customers can change their flight seats either online (via the official website) or offline (by contacting the airline via phone call or directly at the airport). The methods of changing seats or seat selection are discussed in detail below:
Change Seats Online
There are two ways you can get your preferred seat for an Alaska Airlines flight. You can either reserve the seat during the ticket purchase itself or change your pre-assigned seat through the Manage Booking portal for an existing booking.
During the booking process via the Alaska Airlines official site, you will be prompted to choose the ideal flight seat from a seat map. Alaska Airlines offers a user-friendly and interactive seat map. You can easily check the price of the Premium or Alaska Elite seats with the help of the seat map.
Are you looking to change seats for an already existing Alaska Airlines booking? Go through the following process to change seats online:
Alaska Airlines Change Seats Process
- Visit the official website of Alaska Airlines.
- Click on the Manage Trip tab.
- Enter the Passenger’s Last Name.
- Now enter the E-Ticket Number or Booking Confirmation Code. The code can be found in the booking confirmation email sent to you by Alaska Airlines.
- Click on the continue button and retrieve your booking.
- In the Manage Booking portal, you will see various booking modification options such as flight change and booking cancelation. Choose the Seat Selection option to change seats.
- From the seat map, choose your desired flight seat.
- Confirm your seat selection by making the payment (if applicable).
The updated booking details will be emailed to you once the seat selection is confirmed from Alaska Airlines’ end.
Alaska Airlines Change Seats via Phone Call
If you wish to go the offline route to change seats for your Alaska Airlines flight, it is recommended that you request the seat selection via phone call. To avoid lengthy wait times, you can call the airline during the early hours of the day. As soon as your call is connected, you can speak to an Alaska Airlines live person and state your seat change requirements. The live representative shall ask you for your booking details and your preferred flight seat shall be selected in no time.
Need assistance with changing your flight seat? Get your queries answered by contacting our booking specialists at +1-888-503-5072 (available 24/7).
Seat Selection Fee
Passengers would be pleased to know that Alaska Airlines charges no seat change or seat selection fee whatsoever. Furthermore, the seat selection fee is only applicable if you are upgrading your flight seat to a premium one. For seat selection of a Premium Seat, Alaska Airlines shall charge you a $15 fee. It is important to note that the seat selection fee can vary depending on your flight route and the fare type purchased.
Related: Alaska Airlines Premium Class
Alaska Airlines Seat Specifications
For details on Alaska Airlines flight seat specifications, passengers can refer to the following table:
|Cabin Class||Seat Pitch||Seat Width||Seat Count|
|Main Cabin||30-32 inches||17-18.25 inches||52-150|
|Premium||33-38 inches||17-18.25 inches||12-30|
|First||37-41 inches||21 inches||12-16|
Note: Seat count, seat width, and seat pitch can vary depending on the aircraft.
Q. Can I change my seat after check-in at Alaska Airlines?
A. Seat selection is not permitted once the check-in process is complete. However, the cabin crew will allot the passenger another seat in the same cabin class if a seat is vacant.
Q. Can you change seats after booking?
A. Yes, you can change your flight seat after making the reservation. Retrieve your booking and enter the Manage Booking portal to change seats.
Q. How much does Alaska Airlines charge for seat selection?
A. Seat selection is free of cost. However, Premium Seats can cost you on average $15.
Q. What happens if I skip seat selection?
A. If you skip seat selection, the airline shall assign you a random seat in the cabin class you made your booking for.
For the cheapest flight deals, visit Alaska Airlines Low Fare Calendar.