Last updated on October 25th, 2022 at 12:23 pm
As one of the best budget airlines, Alaska Airlines has struck a perfect balance between offering affordable flight deals and providing luxurious onboard services. As the sixth largest airline in North America, Alaska Airlines is committed to making travel easy and comfortable for its passengers. Canceled a flight? Want to change the date or destination of an existing booking? See Alaska Airlines’ rebooking policies and procedures below
Different Ways To Rebook Alaska Flight
If your canceled Alaska Airlines flight hasn’t automatically been rebooked, you can request rebooking either online (through Manage Booking) or offline (via Phone Call). Both these methods of rebooking an Alaska Airlines flight are discussed in detail below:
Online Process For Rebooking
- Visit the Alaska Airlines official site.
- Click on Manage Trip.
- Enter the passenger’s last name and the e-ticket number.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Choose the flight you want to rebook.
- Select the flight change option.
- Choose a flight that best suits your needs and budget.
- Confirm your rebooking and pay the fare difference (if any).
Rebooking Via Call
To request rebooking of an Alaska Airlines flight, please contact our booking modification experts at Rebooking Helpline: (available 24/7). As soon as your call is connected, you can speak to a live person who will assist you with the rebooking process. You will be asked to provide your booking code and the passenger’s last name so that the live person can retrieve your booking. Simply choose one of the available flights and your rebooking request shall be completed in no time.
For any further queries, call our travel experts now!
What is Alaska Airlines Rebooking Policy
Rebooking for an Alaska Airlines flight can be requested either when your flight has been cancelled by the airline or you wish to re-route your existing booking. Alaska Airlines has issued the following guidelines under its Rebooking Policy for both these scenarios:
Rebook Cancelled Flight
Alaska Airlines prioritizes passengers’ safety. If the weather conditions are unfavorable or there are some technical issues, Alaska Airlines may cancel your flight. Rebooking guidelines for a cancelled flight are as follows:
- If your flight is cancelled, Alaska Airlines shall automatically rebook you on another flight with a different departure and arrival time.
- In case the flight you are rebooked on has a departure and arrival time that does not meet your travel needs, you can request rebooking on another available flight of your choice.
- Passengers can also request a refund if there is a significant delay caused due to the rebooking of the cancelled flight.
- If Alaska Airlines doesn’t automatically rebook you, you can rebook your flight by visiting Manage Booking or contacting the reservations helpline of Alaska Airlines.
- Alaska Airlines recommends its passengers book all their travel under one single ticket, especially if the reservation includes flights operated by other airlines. This allows the airline to conveniently rebook you on the next flight available.
- If the passenger is carrying separate tickets and their flight is canceled, Alaska Airlines shall contact the other carrier(s) and request a to rebook/reschedule the passenger’s flight.
Rebook To Change Flight Date/Destination
Rebooking can also be requested by the passengers themselves. If your travel requirements change and you wish to fly to another destination or on a different date, you can easily rebook your flight. Read the following guidelines.
- Alaska Airlines will only complete a passenger’s rebooking request if there is a seat vacant on the chosen flight.
- If there are no seats available on the flight you wish to get rebooked on, you can join the Standby list. As soon as a flight seat becomes available, Alaska Airlines will communicate the same to the passenger.
- Alaska Airlines does not charge its passengers any rebooking fee. However, the airline will ask you to pay the fare difference if the rebooked flight is costlier than the original booking.
- When rebooking a flight, both date and destination are allowed to be changed, however, the cabin class shall remain unchanged.
Alaska Airlines Same-Day Rebooking
Do you wish to fly on an earlier or later flight on the departure day itself? Alaska Airlines does allow same-day flight change or rebooking. A same-day rebooking can be requested once the check-in window begins.
If there is a seat vacant on the earlier or later flight, Alaska Airlines will rebook you for a fee of $25 to $50. You won’t have to pay for any fare difference. If you don’t get a same-day confirmed rebooking/flight change, you can join the Standby list free of charge.
Note: Saver fares won’t be eligible for rebooking.
Alaska Airlines Rebooking Fee
- Alaska Airlines does not charge any rebooking fee for its Main and First Class fares.
- If your flight was rebooked by the airline itself, there won’t be a rebooking fee regardless of the fare type purchased.
- As mentioned earlier, a same-day rebooking can cost you anywhere between $25 to $50 depending on the fare type you are carrying and the destination you are traveling to.
- If you cancel a flight that was rescheduled or rebooked by Alaska Airlines, you can request a refund without having to pay any service charges.
Rebooking Fee For Award Tickets
If you are rebooking an Alaska Airlines Award Ticket within 24 hours of ticket purchase, you will not be required to pay any rebooking or flight change fee. Any Award Ticket changes requested after the 24-hour window are subject to a change fee worth $125. For a same-day rebooking of an Award Ticket, the airline will charge you the usual $25 to $50 fee.
How late can you change your Alaska Airlines flight?
A. Alaska Airlines flights can be changed or rebooked up to 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Can you rebook a missed flight?
A. Rebooking a missed flight is possible, however, there are no guarantees for the same. If you arrive at the airport within 2 hours of the flight’s departure time, the airline may get you rebooked on the next available flight.
Can I change my flight time on Alaska Airlines?
A. Passengers carrying a refundable non-saver fare are eligible to change their flight time with Alaska Airlines.
Can I reschedule my already booked flight?
The airline you booked with may require you pay a change or cancellation fee, depending on the fare class and the airline you booked with. Fortunately, many airlines have reduced or waived these fees during COVID-19.
Is it better to cancel or change a flight?
A refundable or non-refundable flight ticket can be canceled. If you have the refundable ticket, then cancel it and receive a refund. On the other hand, change the flight ticket by selecting the change option.
More Helpful Links