Last updated on October 14th, 2022 at 11:06 am
Getting a refund on flight cancellations can seem like a hassle. If you want to cancel an Alaska Airlines booking, you would be pleased to know that the airline ensures that it is convenient for passengers to request a refund. Moreover, the airline has an extremely lenient cancellation and refund policy. Read further to know how to make an Alaska Airlines refund request.
For instant refunds, contact our reservations specialists at Refund Request Helpline Number: +1-888-503-5072.
Alaska Airlines Refund Request Policy
Before you initiate the process of Alaska Airlines Refund Request, it is worth your time to go through the airline’s refund policy. The airline has issued the following guidelines for refund applications:
- According to Alaska Airlines’ refund policy, all cancellations that are requested within 24 hours of initial purchase are eligible for a full refund.
- A cancellation fee shall be applicable for refund requests made after the initial 24-hour period.
- The cancellation fee varies depending on your fare type, destination, and time of refund request.
- Passengers carrying a non-refundable ticket are not eligible to make a cash refund request after the 24-hour full refund window has closed.
- If you are canceling a fully unused non-refundable ticket, the airline shall issue you a credit certificate that can be redeemed on future flight bookings.
- Refund requests can be made online for wholly unused electronic tickets that were booked from the Alaska Airlines website.
- For all other refundable tickets, you must contact reservations via phone call.
- If you have purchased a physical ticket (paper ticket), Alaska Airlines will first have to see the ticket to determine its refund request eligibility.
- If you made a cash payment for your flight booking, the airline shall process your refund request within 20 business days.
- A refund request for a Credit Card purchase is processed within 7 days.
- All refunds are made to the customer in the original form of payment.
- If your ticket is booked via a third-party travel agency, refund requests are recommended to be made directly with the third-party service for a swift refund.
- Lost Alaska Airlines tickets can also be refunded, however, the airline shall deduct some amount as a service fee.
Refund Request for Optional Service
Alaska Airlines offers its passengers various optional services such as additional checked baggage, inflight WiFi service, flight upgrades, and more. These services can be paid for in cash or miles. Have you purchased any such add-ons? If you are canceling your booking (a refundable fare), you will be eligible to get a refund on the optional services fees as well. You will be required to get in touch with the Airport Customer Service Agent for refund assistance for optional service purchases. Alternatively, you can contact Alaska Airlines at the following address:
Attn: Refunds – SEAAR
P.O. Box 68900
Seattle, WA 98168
Refund Request for Flights Booked Using Points
Refund requests for Award Flights are generally not as straightforward as standard bookings. However, Alaska Airlines has more or less the same policy for refunds on Award Tickets as any standard ticket. Upon cancellation, the points that were used to book the Award Ticket shall be deposited back into your account. It can take anywhere between 24 to 48 hours for the points to show up in your account.
Points are refunded automatically upon cancellation and you don’t have to make a refund request with Alaska Airlines.
How to make an Alaska Airlines refund request?
Refund requests can be made both online (Alaksa Airlines’ website) or offline (via phone or directly at the airport). However, depending on the ticket type purchased, not all tickets are eligible for refund requests online. Refund requests for fully unused tickets can be made online while refunds for all other refundable tickets can only be requested by contacting the airline’s customer assistance team.
Online Refund Request
You can follow the steps given below to make an Alaska Airlines refund request online:
- Open the Alaska Airlines official site in your preferred web browser.
- Click on the ‘Manage Trip’ button.
- Fill in the Passenger’s Last Name and Confirmation code/e-ticket # in the respective fields.
- Click on the ‘Continue’ button to prompt the website to retrieve your flight booking.
- Choose the Cancel option to initiate the cancellation process.
- If your ticket is eligible for a refund, you will be given the refund request option.
- Pay the cancellation fee (if any) to complete the refund process.
Once your Alaska Airlines flight is successfully canceled, you will be sent an email by the airline. Refunds are processed within 20 business days. If you do not receive a refund within 20 days of making the refund request, you can get in touch with Alaska Airlines’ help team. Refund request status can be checked by calling the airline’s helpline number on weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time).
Refund Request via Phone Call
If your Alaska Airlines flight ticket isn’t eligible for a refund request online, you can make the request through a phone call as well. If your ticket is partially used, you can only get a refund by speaking to an official representative of the airline via phone call or directly at the airport. The agent shall require your booking details to complete the refund request. Before you call the airline, make sure your phone is receiving an uninterrupted connection.
Make your Alaska Airlines Refund Request now! Get in touch with our Booking Help Team at +1-888-503-5072.
For the latest low fare deals, visit Alaska Airlines Low Fare Calendar.
Q. Is Alaska Airlines offering free cancellation?
A. Alaska Airlines offers free cancellation if the cancellation is requested within 24 hours of ticket purchase.
Q. Does Alaska offer credit for Cancelled flights?
A. Alaska Airlines offers credit on the cancellation of non-refundable tickets. This credit shall expire after 12 months.
Q. How can I check my Alaska Airlines refund request status?
A. To check your Alaska Airlines refund request status, simply call the airline from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.