Last updated on October 8th, 2022 at 10:40 am
Operating flights to over 180 destinations, British Airways is the flag carrier airline of the United Kingdom. The airline has a great reputation among frequent travelers for its customer-friendly policies and excellent customer support. Have you already booked your British Airways flight but wish to fly on a different date? The airline allows you to reschedule your flight conveniently to suit your travel plans. Read further to know about British Airways Reschedule Flight.
For assistance with rescheduling your flight, talk to experts at Flight Rescheduling Helpline Number: +1-888-503-5072 (available 24/7).
British Airways Flight Reschedule Policy
Before initiating the flight rescheduling process, it is advised that go through the various guidelines provided under the British Airways Flight Reschedule policy. Here’s what you need to know.
- According to the airline’s policy, British Airways customers are allowed to make changes to their flight date and time.
- If your new booking is costlier than the original reservation, you will be required to pay the fare difference.
- British Airways doesn’t charge any fee if you reschedule your flight within 24 hours of ticket purchase.
- If you reschedule your flight using travel vouchers, you won’t be charged any flight change fee.
- If your reservation was made through a travel agent, you must reschedule the flight from the third-party service itself.
- If your flight was canceled by British Airways, the airline will reschedule your booking to the next available flight.
- If you won’t be able to show up for your currently booked flight, you must notify British Airways before the scheduled departure and the airline shall assist you in getting the flight rescheduled.
- You can reschedule your flight up to 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- When you reschedule your flight, the departure and destination airports and travel class shall remain the same as the original booking.
How to Reschedule a British Airways Flight?
Like any other flight booking modifications, customers can reschedule their flight easily using the official channels of the airline (official website, phone number, etc.) Don’t know how to reschedule your flight online? Simply follow the steps listed below:
- First, visit the British Airways official site on your web browser.
- Click on the ‘Manage’ tab available in the header of the website.
- Enter the ‘Booking Reference Number’ and passenger’s last name.
- Click on the ‘Find My Booking’ button.
- The website should now show you the future flight(s) you have booked with British Airways.
- Select the flight that you wish to reschedule to a new date or time.
- From the various booking modification options available, select ‘Flight Change’.
- Enter your new desired travel date/time.
- Confirm the change to successfully reschedule your flight and make the payment (if any).
Once the flight change has been confirmed from the airline’s end, you will receive a confirmation email containing the updated booking details.
Also check: British Airways Manage Booking
Reschedule British Airways Flight via Phone Call
There are times when the British Airways website doesn’t work properly due to technical errors. If you are facing the same issue or simply don’t want to go through the hassle of rescheduling a flight online, you can request the same by calling the airline. When the call is connected, you must communicate your flight rescheduling requirements to the live representative of British Airways. They will ask you for your original booking details and assist you throughout the rescheduling process.
Note: Before you call British Airways to reschedule your flight, make sure that your mobile device is receiving an uninterrupted connection.
For any further queries, talk to our air travel specialists by calling the Flight Rescheduling Helpline Number: +1-888-503-5072 (available 24/7).
British Airways Same-Day Flight Change
Travel plans can change unexpectedly. British Airways understands this, which is why the airline allows its passengers to reschedule their flight on the day of departure itself. However, you must request the rescheduling at least 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
British Airways will get your flight rescheduled on the departure day itself if there are seats vacant on your desired flight. If there are no seats available, you will be put on the standby list and notified when the seat eventually becomes available.
Flight Reschedule Fee
Rescheduling your British Airways flight via a phone call is cheaper than requesting the same at the airport. If you are changing the flight date/time online, the airline charges zero fees. For rescheduling flights via phone call, the fee starts at $25. On the other hand, if you reschedule your flight at the airport, the airline will charge an additional $10. This fee can vary depending on factors such as the destination you are traveling to and the fare type you have purchased.
Moreover, British Airways uses a global fee calculator to determine the flight change fee. You can call our Helpline Number (+1-888-503-5072) to know about the flight change fee for the British Airways ticket you have purchased.
Select the best seats for your British Airways flight. Visit British Airways Seat Selection.
Q. How do I change my flight with British Airways?
A. Passengers can change or reschedule their British Airways flight through the online Manage Booking portal or by contacting the airline through a phone call.
Q. Can non-refundable British Airways tickets be rescheduled?
A. Yes, you can get your non-refundable British Airways ticket rescheduled up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure.
Q. Does BA charge for no show?
A. British Airways doesn’t charge any penalty for no show unless the passenger has a history of deliberately missing their flights.