Last updated on October 14th, 2022 at 11:17 am
Booking reward travel with Southwest using Rapid Rewards points can be a great deal. These points can not only be earned by spending with the airline but also bought at a reasonable price. Are you looking to purchase Southwest points as well? Read further to know how you can buy Rapid Rewards points at the best possible price!
Looking to buy Rapid Rewards points at a discounted rate? Save a handsome amount by requesting your purchase through us. Call us now at +1-888-503-5072 (available 24/7).
About Southwest’s Rapid Rewards Points
Rapid Rewards is Southwest’s frequent flyer program. If you are a member of the program, you will be rewarded Rapid Rewards points whenever you fly on one of the Southwest flights. There are various other ways to earn Southwest points as well such as on hotel stays, rental cars, etc. These points are roughly worth 1.4 cents. Signing up for a Rapid Rewards frequent flyer account is absolutely free of cost.
Refer to the table below to know how many points can be earned per dollar spent on various Southwest fare types.
|Fare Type Purchased||Points Earned Per Dollar Spent|
|Wanna Get Away Plus||8|
|Wanna Get Away||6|
Can I buy Southwest Rapid Rewards Points?
According to Southwest’s policy, Rapid Rewards points can be purchased by any Rapid Rewards member. Furthermore, you can gift or transfer these points as well. Following are the guidelines issued by Southwest regarding the sale of Rapid Rewards points:
- Customers can buy a maximum of 60,000 Rapid Rewards points within a 24-hour period.
- Southwest Airlines has set no limit to the number of Rapid Rewards points that can be purchased annually.
- Each Rapid Rewards point can cost you 2.75 cents (more on this in the cost section)..
- Purchased Southwest points shall not count towards earning a Southwest Companion Pass.
- Rapid Rewards points do not expire. They shall only be terminated when you close your Rapid Rewards account.
- A minimum of 2,000 points must be purchased for a valid transaction.
- Purchased points can also be used to upgrade Southwest flight.
- Southwest recommends that you purchase miles only via the official channels of the airline (through the website or via a phone call).
Note: Southwest regularly offers discounts on purchases of Southwest Rapid Rewards points. For inquiries regarding the latest discounts offered, you can contact travel specialists by calling +1-888-503-5072 (available 24/7).
How to buy Rapid Rewards Points?
There are various ways to purchase and add more points to your Southwest Rapid Rewards account. Apart from the official channels of the airline, you can also buy points through a third-party travel agency. Methods of purchasing Southwest points are discussed in detail below:
Buy Rapid Rewards Points Online
If you wish to buy Rapid Rewards points online, you can follow these simple steps.
- Open the Southwest Airlines official site on your web browser.
- Click on the Rapid Rewards tab.
- Under Manage, select Buy or Transfer Points.
- The website will take you to a different page where you must scroll down and click on the Buy Points button.
- Login to your Southwest Rapid Rewards account by entering your Account Number/Username and password.
- Use the dropdown menu to choose the number of points you wish to buy.
- Enter your payment details (Credit Card details, billing phone number, etc.)
- Read the terms and conditions and finally click on the Pay Now button.
After the payment has been made, it can take a while for the points to show up in your Rapid Rewards account. The airline will send you a confirmation email once you have through the above-stated process.
Rapid Rewards Phone Number
Don’t wish to go through the hassle of purchasing Southwest points through the website? Southwest also offers its customers the alternative to buying Rapid Rewards points by calling the airline. Once the phone call gets connected, you can speak to a live representative of Southwest and request your purchase. It is recommended that you call Southwest during the early hours of the day to avoid long wait times.
Looking for discounts on Rapid Rewards points? Get in touch with our experts for instant purchase. Call us now at +1-888-503-5072 (available 24/7).
How much do Southwest Points cost?
The cost of buying Southwest Rapid Rewards points can keep fluctuating depending on the latest discounts being offered by Southwest Airlines. On average, each point can cost you 2.75 cents or 3 cents depending on the number of points you are buying. If you are purchasing 5,000 to 60,000 points, you will have to pay 2.75 cents for each point. On the other hand, if you are buying only 2,000 to 4,500 points, each point will cost you 3 cents.
Is it worth it to buy Rapid Rewards Points?
It is generally recommended not to buy Rapid Rewards points as paying for the flight in cash itself can cost you lesser than purchasing points and then making the booking. However, there are times when a customer might have the majority of points required to make the booking and only lack a few points. In such cases, buying Rapid Rewards points is definitely worth it.
For example, if a flight requires you to have 50,000 Rapid Rewards points and you already have 45,000 points, it would be a good deal to purchase the remaining 5,000 points. Are you having trouble calculating the number of points you would require to book your flight? Get in touch in touch with our reservations experts for necessary assistance. Call us at +1-888-503-5072 (available 24/7).