Last updated on October 14th, 2022 at 11:11 am
The largest airline in the Middle East, Emirates operates more than 3,600 flights every week. The airline can fly you to 150 different cities in 80 countries. Have you booked your next trip with Emirates but facing a change in travel plans? If you wish to change your flight date/time, you can easily get your flight rescheduled online or via a phone call. Read further for all the details on Emirates flight reschedule.
For assistance with rescheduling your flight, talk to experts at Flight Reschedule Helpline Number: +1-888-503-5072 (available 24/7).
Emirates Flight Reschedule Policy
Before customers request for rescheduling their flight, it is worth their time to get familiar with Emirates’ flight reschedule policy. Emirates boasts one of the most lenient rescheduling policies out there. The major rescheduling guidelines are listed below:
- Emirates allows flights to be rescheduled up to 11 months from the date of the original booking.
- The airline allows rescheduling flights to another date/time only once.
- An Emirates flight can be rescheduled up to 24 hours prior to the original scheduled departure.
- Passengers who request rescheduling their flight within 24 hours of booking can do so free of cost.
- Rescheduling your flight to a new date must be requested at least 7 days prior to the scheduled departure.
- Flight rescheduling requested after the 24-hour risk-free window will cost you a fee.
- If your rescheduled flight has a higher price than the original booking, you will be required to pay the additional cost on top of the flight rescheduling fee.
- The fee for rescheduling a flight depends on the fare conditions of the passenger’s ticket.
- Bookings made via third-party travel agents can only be rescheduled through them and not through the airline’s channels.
Emirates Flight Reschedule Fees
As mentioned in the Flight Reschedule Policy section, any flight date/time changes made within the first 24 hours after the ticket purchase are free of cost. If you fail to get your flight rescheduled within this risk-free period, the airline will charge a fee depending on the fare type the passenger is carrying. Emirates has not specified a figure on its website regarding the flight reschedule fee. To give the reader an approximation, the airline can charge you the following fee for flight rescheduling:
- Economy Class: USD 75-200
- Business Class: USD 300-400
- First Class: USD 250-400
- Economy Saver: USD 200
- Business Saver: USD 400
Note: Passengers who have purchased a flexible ticket can reschedule their flight without any charges.
Also Check: Emirates Ticket Date Change
How To Reschedule Emirates Flight?
Passengers can get their flight rescheduled through the various official channels of Emirates. You can do so either online (via website), through a phone call, or directly at the airport. Rescheduling your flight online would be the most convenient as Emirates’ website is simple to navigate through. To reschedule your Emirates flight online, follow the steps given below:
- Open a web browser of your choice and visit the Emirates website.
- In the header of the website, you will see the ‘Manage’ tab, open it.
- Under Manage Your Booking, select the ‘Change your booking’ option.
- On the next page, enter the passenger’s Last Name.
- Enter the Booking Reference Number.
- Click on the ‘Retrieve Booking’ option.
- You will now be taken to the Manage Booking portal where you can make changes to your flight date, time, destination, personal details, etc.
- Select the Flight Date Change option to reschedule your flight.
- Once satisfied with the new flight date, confirm your changes and make the payment (if any).
Once Emirates has successfully rescheduled your flight, the airline will send you an email confirming the same. The updated flight details shall also be sent to you at the email address you have provided.
Emirates Reschedule Flight via Phone Call
Passengers who are facing trouble rescheduling their Emirates flight online have the option to request rescheduling via a phone call. You will be connected to a live person representing Emirates. They shall assist you with changing your flight’s date/time and also provide answers to all your flight-related queries. Before you give a call, make sure to keep your original booking details handy for a swift rescheduling over the phone.
Get rescheduling assistance by calling the Flight Reschedule Helpline Number: +1-888-503-5072 (available 24/7).
Rescheduling Missed Emirates Flights
Passengers who have missed their flight due to the airline’s fault will get rebooked on the next available flight without any charges. You can also ask for a refund and compensation in such cases. On the other hand, if you have booked a flight and won’t be able to reach the airport in time, you must communicate the same to the airline’s customer support team as soon as possible. The airline will help you get rescheduled on an alternative flight. If there are no seats available, Emirates will put you on a standby list and notify you when a seat gets vacant.
Q. How many times can you reschedule a flight with Emirates?
A. Emirates’ passengers are eligible to reschedule their flight only once.
Q. Can non-refundable Emirates flight tickets be rescheduled?
A. Yes, Emirates does allow rescheduling non-refundable tickets to a different date/time.
Q. What is Emirates Flex Plus?
A. An Emirates Flex Plus fare allows customers to make changes to their booking without any charges. Flight Rescheduling is free of cost with Flex Plus.
Q. How long do you have to reschedule a flight?
A. Emirates allows its customers to reschedule their flight up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure.