Last updated on October 14th, 2022 at 12:58 pm
Starting its operations in 1983 under the name Channel Express, Jet2 is a British low-cost carrier airline. That is to say, it is the third-largest airline in the UK, with a fleet of 94 aircraft. In addition, 60 more are on their way. Also, it provides routes to 70 locations all over Europe. In this blog, we will be discussing what recourses are available to passengers in the case of Jet2 Flight Cancellations. So, let’s discuss the Jet2 Flight Cancellations Policy.
How to Cancel Jet2 Flight Cancellations
- Initially, go to the official website of Jet2
- Then on the top right corner, click on Manage My Booking.
- After that, enter the details asked.
- Booking Reference Number.
- Booking Contact Surname
- Departure Date
- Once done, click on Log In.
*The website will now take you to your flight reservation.
- Once the page is open, click on Cancel Flights.
- After that, open the email account used to book the flight.
- Subsequently, open the cancelation email by Jet2.
- Then click the link in the email.
- Follow the instruction, and the airline will cancel your ticket.
However, travelers who have travel insurance may be covered if they cancel their flights. That is to say, they will get the entire amount, or some portion of it refunded back. In order to do it, follow these simple steps.
Travel Insurance Claim
- Go to the official website of the International Medical Rescue.
- Then, click on Register a Claim on the top right corner of the page.
- After that, look for the statement: If you want to register a NEW Travel Claim.
- Subsequently, click on the “Click Here” link along that line.
- After that, enter the details asked.
- Name of the Passenger.
- Date of Birth.
- Telephone & Phone Number.
- Policy Details.
- Flight Dates.
- Then select the claim form, i.e., Cancelation or Coronavirus.
- Lastly, scroll down and click on Submit.
Subsequently, the airline will email you the claim form. Once received, fill it out and submit it as instructed in the email. In case you require any further assistance. You may contact Jet2insurance at 01293 665910.
Terms & Conditions of Jet2 Flight Cancellations
- Firstly, under the Jet2 Flight Cancellations Policy, there is no refund for canceled flights. However, under exceptional circumstances, a refund may be available.
- In case, the passenger has travel insurance.
- In case, the airline cancels your flight, and no suitable alternative is available.
- The passengers who’ve canceled their flights may get a full refund. In case,
- The UK government has declared hotel quarantine. At least 7-days before the departure flight into the UK.
- In case a passenger isn’t allowed to fly due to being unvaccinated, there will be no refund. That is to say; passengers need to get fully vaccinated. At least 14-days before they’ve arrived in the UK.
Jet2 Canceled flights
As we all know, COVID is still prevalent and spreading from time to time across the continents. As a result, it has canceled many flights and holidays. Therefore, to ensure that travelers don’t flat out lose their money. Jet2 has made some refund provisions, these are-
- In case the flight is invalid due to COVID 19 pandemic, the airline has taken all reasonable measures to avoid it. Consequently, the airline can declare extraordinary circumstances and not provide any refund.
- In case it becomes illegal to travel outside the country for the traveler. Consequently, the passenger’s flight would be automatically canceled and refunded fully within 14 days.
- However, there will be no additional refund if a passenger’s holiday is canceled. Whether before departure or during the holiday.
- Due to the volume of queries, your refund may not have been processed timely. If that’s the case, refrain from contacting us. However, be assured that it will be processed as soon as possible.
- In case you’ve booked travel essentials on your canceled holiday or flight. Then you need to cancel them all separately from,
- Airport Parking: Email.
- Airport Transfer: Jet2transfers.
- Rental Car: Jet2carhire.
- Travel Insurance: Jet2insurance.
In case your problem persists, or you still have queries regarding this situation. Subsequently, contact the official Jet2 support.
|New/Existing Booking||+44 (0) 203 059 8336|
|Official Website||Contact Us|
So, now you know all about the policies for Jet2 Flight Cancellations. Whether done by the passenger or the airline. Just in case you still have some problems or queries. Therefore, below are some FAQs for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What happens if the Jet2 flight is Cancelled?
In case a Jet2 flight is canceled by the airline, the Jet2 Flight Cancellations Policy states –
- The airline will arrange an acceptable alternative flight.
- However, failing that, the airline will refund the entire fare amount. That is, within a period of 14 days from the date of cancelation.
However, in case of extraordinary circumstances (like COVID 19). Then, under the “Regulation EC 261/2004”, they are in no obligation to provide a refund.
Q. Can I check if my flight is Cancelled?
Yes, passengers can check their flight status whenever they want to. To do that, there are a couple of methods –
- Firstly, just check on the official website of the airline
- First, go to the website.
- Then, go to Manage Booking and lookup for your reservation.
- Then, open the reservation to check its status.
- Secondly, contact the airline customer services, and ask them for your flight status.
- Thirdly, go to websites like – FlightAware, Flightstats and FlightRadar. Subsequently, enter your flight number and check its status.
Q. Are Jet2 still flying?
In short, yes, Jet2 airline is still flying. However, due to the COVID pandemic, they operate at a reduced capacity. Moreover, many flights routes to red zones have been temporarily inoperable to uphold public safety.
Q. How do I find out about flight cancelations?
In order to find out about flight cancelations, just visit your airline’s official website. Then enter your flight details in the Manage Booking/My Trips section. On the other hand, you may also directly call the airline customer service and inquire about it.
However, the airline will inform you beforehand. In case they cancel your flight.