Last updated on October 29th, 2022 at 05:35 am
Errors being made at the time of making a flight reservation are common. Have you booked a flight with JetBlue Airways and misspelled your name on the ticket? JetBlue Airways has a lenient flight change policy that has been put into implementation keeping the customer’s convenience in mind. Here we provide all the details you need to know about JetBlue Change Name On Ticket.
JetBlue Change Name Policy
Before you request to change your name for your JetBlue flight booking, read the following guidelines issued by the airline.
- To be eligible for a name change, all flights must be validated or operated by JetBlue Airways.
- A name change can only be done via JetBlue’s official channels (website, customer support, or directly at the airport).
- Name changes cannot be made to transfer tickets to another passenger.
- Corrections to the name can only be made once without any charges.
- The name will have to be changed in the original PNR.
- If the name change in the PNR is not possible, passengers will be required to make a fresh flight booking.
- Name changes are only permitted to match the ID/Passport issued by the government.
- Gender and Date of Birth changes cannot be made as part of changing the name on the ticket.
Also Read: JetBlue Refund Policy
Types Of JetBlue Name Change
There are three types of name changes that can be made on a JetBlue flight ticket. The change name policy will also vary on the type of name change the passenger is requesting. Read further for more detail.
Minor Name Change
Any misspellings in the name that need correction shall be treated as minor name changes. These changes can be made with minimal verification. The following name corrections fall under the misspelling category.
- Error in First/Middle/Last names.
- Nickname to Legal name correction
- First and Last names being inverted
- Last name addition
The above-listed name changes can be made granted the change matches the passenger’s name on the government-issued ID/Passport.
Major Name Change (Legal Name Change)
Has your name been legally changed since the time of your flight booking? JetBlue Airways also allows legal name changes to be made on the ticket granted you provide the necessary supporting documents. Legal name changes constitute the name change due to marriage, divorce, or adoption. Such major name changes can take longer as JetBlue will take some time to verify the documents submitted.
Mid-Travel Name Change
Mid-travel name changes are allowed in accordance with the above-stated misspelling and legal name change guidelines only if the correction was made prior to the first leg of travel. Such changes require rebooking a new reservation with the corrected name.
How to change the name on JetBlue Ticket online?
There are a few ways you can get your name changed on a JetBlue flight ticket. The most convenient way is to request the name change online by visiting the official website of JetBlue Airways. The entire online change name process is given below:
- Visit the JetBlue Airways website via your preferred web browser.
- Click on the ‘Manage Trips’ tab available in the header of the website.
- In order to retrieve your booking, enter the passenger’s Last Name.
- Now enter the Booking Confirmation Code.
- Click on ‘Continue’.
- You will now be shown all the flight bookings you have with the airline. Select the booking you wish to change your name for.
- From the personal details section, you can make edits to the passenger’s name.
- Confirm the name change on the ticket and make the payment (if any).
Upon a successful name correction, the airline will send you a confirmation email. The email will contain your updated booking details.
JetBlue Change Name Via Phone Call
Are you having trouble getting your name changed online? You also have the option of calling the JetBlue Change Name Phone Number: +1-888-503-5072.
Upon calling the above-provided phone number, you will be connected to a live person who will assist you with the name change process. Make sure to keep your booking details handy to save time over the phone. The benefit of requesting a name change over the phone is you can also get instant answers to any related queries. The JetBlue Name Change Phone Number is available 24/7.
Can JetBlue Tickets Be Transferred To Another Person?
JetBlue ‘Change Name’ should not be confused with the transfer of a ticket to another passenger. JetBlue Airways has strictly prohibited ticket transfers. Name changes on the ticket can only be made if it is to correct the original passenger’s name. If you still wish to transfer your ticket, your best bet is to cancel the booking entirely and make a fresh reservation. You can cancel the booking within 24 hours of ticket purchase to avoid any penalty.
Q. How many name corrections are allowed on JetBlue flight tickets?
A. JetBlue Airways permits only one reissue per ticket on the name change
Q. How much does JetBlue charge for changing the name on the ticket?
A. Any name changes on JetBlue tickets that are requested within 24 hours of purchase are free of cost. After the 24-hour risk-free period, the airline will charge you a $75 name change fee.
Q. Does JetBlue allow Mid-Travel Name Change on tickets?
A. Mid-Travel Name Change is permitted when the change is made before the 1st leg of travel.
Also Read: JetBlue Missed Flight Policy