Last updated on October 14th, 2022 at 11:29 am
KLM Airlines is a prolific air carrier operating up to 2,400 flights on a daily basis. The oldest airline in the world, KLM can fly you to a total of 145 domestic and international destinations. Offering unmatched booking flexibility, KLM has a customer-friendly booking modification policy. Most of the booking changes can be implemented in no time! Have you made your next reservation but entered the wrong name on the ticket? Here’s everything you need to know about requesting a KLM name change.
For an instant name change or name correction on KLM tickets, speak to our experts at Name Change Helpline Number: +1-888-503-5072 (available 24/7).
Can I Change My Name On KLM Ticket?
Flight bookings are often made in haste. Making a mistake entering the passenger’s name on the ticket can happen to the best of us. If you have made a similar error, you would be pleased to know that KLM airlines do allow its passengers to do name changes and minor corrections on tickets issued by the airline. However, there are a few guidelines you need to follow in order to do a name change for free. Read further to know about the KLM Name Change/Correction Policy.
KLM Name Change/Correction Policy
Before your request for a name change on a ticket, go through the following guidelines issued by the airline regarding name change:
- A name change request can be made if the flight ticket is booked through KLM and the flight is operated by either KLM, Delta Airlines, or Air France.
- If the name change request is made a minimum of 30 hours before the flight departs, the request shall be completed free of cost.
- In case you are flying with any of the partner airlines of KLM, you will be required to make the name change request at least 72 hours before the scheduled departure to avoid the name change fee.
- The changes to the passenger’s name on tickets must be requested only to match their name on government-issued IDs.
- Under no condition can you change the ownership of the ticket. It has to stay in the name of the originally ticketed passenger.
Note: If your ticket is booked through a travel agent, you will be required to contact them directly for a name change request. Since the third-party service can take longer to process a name change on a ticket, it is recommended that you make your request well in advance.
Also check: KLM Refund Policy
Name Change Due To Marriage
If your name has been changed due to marriage, the airline shall allow you to do the last name change. You will be required to submit the necessary legal documents to prove a name change due to marriage. The same policy is applicable for the last name change due to divorce. KLM can take some time in verifying the submitted legal documents (marriage certificate or divorce decree).
KLM Voucher Name Change
According to the information provided on the KLM website, the exact passenger name that was on the original ticket shall be on the non-refundable voucher. This means that there is no way you can request a KLM voucher name change. The KLM Voucher is strictly non-transferable.
KLM Name Change/Correction Fee
As mentioned in the KLM name change policy section, for flights booked via KLM, there will no fee for a name change if the request is made 30 or more hours before the flight’s scheduled departure time. For flights operated by KLM’s partner airlines, you must do so 72 or more hours prior to the flight’s departure time.
If you have missed the time limit, you will be charged a name change fee. Although the airline has not provided any information regarding the name change fee on its official website, most airlines tend to charge anywhere between $50 to $200 for a name change on tickets. The KLM name change fee can vary depending on the fare type purchased.
How To Do KLM Name Change On Ticket?
There are two primary methods to do a name change on KLM tickets. You can either make your name change request by calling the airline or do the name change online through KLM Manage My Booking.
Name Change via Helpline
It is best to request the name change by contacting the airline via a phone call for an instant name change. KLM has a dedicated help team who shall assist you in every step of the name change process. Simply provide your booking details to the live agent and request the necessary name change or name correction. When the name correction process is completed, you will receive a confirmation email.
Get further queries answered by contacting our booking modification experts at Name Change Helpline: +1-888-503-5072 (available 24/7).
Name Change Online Process
- Visit the KLM Airlines website.
- Select the ‘My Trip’ option available in the header of the website.
- Provide your Booking Code and the passenger’s Last Name.
- Click on the Search button and retrieve your KLM booking.
- Choose the flight you wish to do a name change for.
- Head over to the passenger’s details section and select the Name Change option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Name Change process.
- Pay the Name Change Fee (if any).
Also check: How To Do KLM Seat Selection?
KLM Ticket Transfer Guidelines
Have your travel plans changed suddenly and you won’t be taking your booked KLM flight? You might wish to transfer your KLM ticket to another person to save the ticket value from getting forfeited. Unfortunately, KLM airlines have tweeted on its official Twitter handle that transfer of KLM tickets from one person to another isn’t possible.
In such a scenario, your best bet is to cancel the booking and get a refund. The refunded value can then be used to put a fresh ticket for the other passenger. For further assistance, you can contact the KLM Help Team via phone call.