Last updated on October 20th, 2022 at 11:00 am
At an extremely low cost, Sun Country Airlines is the eleventh-largest airline in the United States. Have you booked an airline flight with Sun Country Airlines to one of these destinations? With Sun Country’s ‘My Trips’ option, you can manage your flight bookings with ease. You can change your flight destination, add more baggage, or change your flight destination. We provide a detailed guide to managing your Sun Country bookings online using the ‘My Trips’ feature
What is Sun Country My Trips?
You will find the ‘My Trips’ option on the homepage of Sun Country Airlines on their official website. From here, you will find the Manage Booking service, which serves as a booking editing tool. You may modify your Sun Country booking up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure date. Some of these changes, like flight cancellations, may incur a charge based on your fare type.
How To Manage Sun Country Flight?
You can follow the steps given below to manage your flight booking online through the official website of Sun Country airlines. Make sure to have your ‘Booking Reference Number’ with you which is needed to access Manage Booking.
- First, open the Sun Country website of your preferred device.
- Select the ‘My Trips’ option that can be found on the homepage itself.
- Enter your Booking Reference Number.
- Now you will be required to enter the ‘Last Name’ of the passenger.
- Once the details have been entered correctly, click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- You will be taken to a new page with all your flight details shown on the screen.
- If you have made multiple bookings with the airline, you will have to select the booking you wish to make changes to.
- You will see various booking editing options. Follow the on-screen prompts to make the desired changes.
- Confirm the changes and make the payment (if any).
Sun Country airlines will send you an email confirming the changes made. You will also be sent your new flight booking details.
Services Offered By Sun Country My Trips
The Manage Booking service of Sun Country Airlines has many useful features. Below is a list of some of the modifications the airline will let you make through Manage Booking.
- Cancel your booking
- Request for additional baggage allowance
- Upgrade your flight
- Select your desired seat
- Change your flight
- Change your personal details
- Apply for a refund
- Choose meals for your flight
- Pay for inflight entertainment and WiFI services
- Get amenity kits
- Get unaccompanied minor service
Apart from the above-listed options, you can also perform online check-in and get a printout of the boarding pass with the help of Sun Country Manage My Trip.
How To Cancel Sun Country Flight?
Before you decide to make changes to your booking, it is worth your time to know about the airline’s policies regarding the same. If you are looking to cancel your flight booking, here’s what you need to know about the flight cancellation policy of Sun Country Airlines.
- Passengers who cancel their flight within 24 hours of making the ticket purchase are issued a full refund by the airline.
- There is no cancellation fee for any cancellations made within 24 hours of flight booking.
- If you cancel your booking after the 24-hour risk-free period, the airline will charge a cancellation fee.
- If you cancel your booking 60 or more days prior to the flight’s departure, the airline will charge you no fee.
- The airline will charge a $50 cancellation fee if you cancel your booking between 14-59 days before travel.
- If you cancel your booking less than 2 weeks before the scheduled departure, you will be required to pay $100 as a cancellation fee.
- Refunds are made via your chosen mode of payment.
- Sun Country Airlines will process your refund within 4-5 working days.
How To Change Your Sun Country Flight?
You can change your Sun Country flight date and time easily with My Trips. The airline can charge you a flight change fee depending on when you request the flight change. Below we list the highlights of the Sun Country Airlines flight change policy.
- You are allowed to change your flight within 24 hours of purchase without paying any fee.
- Your new flight must have the same route as the original booking.
- It should also have the same number of stops as the original booking.
- Flight changes made after the 24 hour grace period have a change fee attached to them. This fee will depend on the fare type you have purchased with the airline.
- Flight change will be free of cost if it is due to a natural disaster or an emergency faced by the passenger.
- Any changes to your booking made 60 or more days before the scheduled departure are also free of cost.
Seat Selection For Sun Country Flight
Seat selection is also a simple process with Sun Country Airlines. You can go to the ‘My Trips’ option, retrieve your booking, and choose the ‘Select Your Seat’ option. You will be shown a seat map that shows all the flight seats that are available for selection. It is to be noted that the airline does not charge any fee for seat selection. However, if you have already selected a seat and wish to switch to another seat, you will have to pay a fee that can range anywhere between $2 to $35. This amount will depend on the destination of your flight.
When a customer cancels a flight-only reservation with Sun Country Airlines directly or on our website, a penalty will not apply for up to 24 hours after he or she makes the reservation, provided the reservation is made at least seven days in advance of the initial reservation.
You can select a seat online after making your reservation by logging into My Trips or during online check-in if you forgot to choose one when making your reservation
We will allow customers to cancel flight-only reservations made directly with our reservations staff or on our website without penalty for up to 24 hours from the time of the initial reservation if the reservation was made seven or more days ago.
When your flight was canceled less than 14 days before departure, Sun Country Airlines can compensate you up to $700, as long as it was considered the airline’s fault.
More Helpful Links