Last updated on October 20th, 2022 at 11:35 am
Would you like to modify a United Airlines reservation? United Airlines has always worked hard to make sure that its customers find it as easy as possible to modify their bookings. For this reason, the airline offers the Manage Reservation service. Read on to find out more about it.
What is United Airlines Manage Reservation?
United Airlines Manage Reservation facility allows customers to make changes to their flight bookings online. It is a self-service facility that offers both simple and complex booking changes. Managing your reservation also allows you to add or remove certain services and add-ons. Modifications such as seat selection may be free of charge, but other flight changes may incur change fees based on the airline’s policy.
Different Ways To Manage Your United Flight
From getting a flight upgrade to canceling the booking entirely, the Manage Reservation service allows you to make the below listed modifications to your booking.
Are you facing a change in travel plans? United Airlines allows you to change your flight date, time, and destination with ease. According to your travel needs, the airline will reschedule you to a different flight keeping the travel class unchanged.
Wish to enhance your flight experience? Get a flight upgrade for added benefits – spacious seats, excellent food and drinks service, and priority boarding, among other perks. United Airlines offers unmatched luxury travel with its Business and First Class fares.
Do you prefer to sit on the window seat? Or do you find the aisle seat more comfortable for your flight journey? Passengers can easily select their preferred flight seat through the Manage Reservation service. You will be shown a seat map mentioning the cost of each flight seat (if any).
If you have made a United flight booking but won’t be making the trip due to a change in travel plans, the Manage Reservation service allows you to cancel your reservation and apply for a refund. Cancellations can be made up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure. Customers should note that non-refundable tickets won’t be eligible for a refund.
Passengers who will be traveling with additional baggage can request extra baggage on their booking with the Manage Reservation service. Any baggage additions will require an additional fee to be paid. For details on baggage allowance, check United Airlines Baggage Policy.
Request Special Services/Assistance
Customers can request special services such as special meals or get special assistance such as a wheelchair or onboard medical oxygen. Although customers can request special assistance once the booking has been already made, it is advised that you communicate the requirement to the airline at the time of the flight booking itself.
Other Manage Reservation Options
Apart from the above-listed booking modification options, United’s customers can also perform the following actions with the Manage Reservation service:
- View and share itinerary
- Edit personal details (check
- Online check-in
- View flight status
- Print your reservation
How To Manage United Flight Reservation?
Managing your United flight reservation is easy. You can access the Manage Reservation service by visiting the official website of United Airlines. The website has a user-friendly UI and you will be done modifying your flight booking in no time. To use the Manage Reservation service, follow the simple steps listed below:
- Visit www.united.com.
- In the header of the website, you will find the ‘My Trips’ option, click on it.
- Under ‘Manage My Trips’, you will have to select ‘My Trips’.
- You will be directed to the ‘Find a Trip’ portal. You can either retrieve your booking through ‘Confirmation Number’ or ‘MileagePlus Number’.
- To access Manage Reservation through Confirmation Number, enter your Confirmation Number and Last Name.
- To access through MileagePlus Number, enter your MileagePlus number and account password.
- Click on the ‘Search’ button and retrieve your booking.
- The website will now show all the bookings you have made with United Airlines. Select the flight booking you wish to manage.
- You will be shown various managed reservation options such as flight change, flight cancellation, etc.
- Choose the booking changes you wish to make and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
- Make the reservation change payment (if any)
Once you have successfully managed your United flight reservation, the airline will send you an email confirming the same. This email will also contain your updated flight booking details.
How To Do United Seat Selection?
Seat Selection is one of the primary options provided by the United Airlines Manage Reservation service. Follow the simple steps given below to select your United flight seat.
- Visit the Manage Reservation portal on the United Airlines website.
- After finding your trip, choose the ‘Seat Selection’ option.
- You will be shown a seat map with all the seats available.
- Seats shown in the color orange or blue on the seat map will require you to pay a seat purchase fee while the seats shown in white can be opted for without paying any fee.
- Once you are satisfied, follow the on-screen prompts to select your seat.
- Make the payment (if any).
The airline will notify you when the seat selection has been completed successfully.
Via Call Method
Are you having trouble managing your United flight reservation online? Customers also have the alternative of managing reservations via a phone call. You will be connected to an airline representative who will assist you throughout the process of making desired changes to your booking. The live person shall also answer any of your queries regarding flight changes and the airline’s various policies.
United Airlines Manage Reservation Policies
Before you proceed with making changes to your United flight reservation, it is worth your time to familiarize yourself with the various policies issued by the airline. The airline has made sure that its policies are lenient and provide enough flexibility to travelers. Read further to know about United’s Flight Change and Cancellation Policies.
United Airlines Cancellation Policy
- According to the 24-hour cancellation policy of United Airlines, Passengers who cancel their flight booking within 24 hours of ticket purchase will be issued a full refund regardless of the fare type purchased.
- The 24-hour cancellation policy shall only be applicable for bookings that were made at least 7 days prior to the scheduled flight departure.
- Passengers who have purchased a Basic Economy ticket won’t be eligible to cancel their flight after the 24-hour risk-free period.
- A flight cancellation fee shall be applicable for any cancellations requested after the 24-hour risk-free period.
- United Airlines customers can make same-day flight cancellations. Same-day flight cancellations refer to canceling your flight within 24 hours of scheduled departure.
- United’s flight cancellation policy can differ depending on the customer’s region.
Note: The above-stated cancellation policy shall only be applicable on tickets that were purchased from United Airlines’ direct channels (through the website, via United’s reservations number, or at the airport.
How Do I Cancel My United Flight?
- United Airlines does not charge a flight change fee for the majority of Economy and Premium Cabin reservations.
- Passengers who wish to board an earlier flight on the day of scheduled flight departure will be allowed to join the standby list.
- Once there is a seat available on an earlier flight, the airline will notify you and your flight shall be changed.
- MileagePlus Premier members also have the luxury of Same-day confirmation. This means they may be able to get a seat confirmation on an earlier flight without any additional costs.
- Any flight changes requested within 24 hours of ticket purchase are free of cost.
- United Airlines charges a $75 flight change fee for general and silver-tier members.
- Same-day flight changes are free of cost for Gold, Platinum, and 1k members.
Visit the official website of United Airlines and select the ‘Flight Status’ option.
To retrieve your United flight booking, visit United’s website and select the ‘My Trips’ option. From here you can also manage your flight reservation.
For all flights operated by United Airlines, Check-In begins 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
United’s customers can either fill out the refund form online or contact the airline via phone call in order to request a refund on a canceled flight.
If your baggage exceeds the baggage allowance, you can add more baggage to your booking through the United Manage Reservation portal. The airline will charge you an extra baggage fee for the same.
More Helpful Guide