Delta Airlines, one of the oldest airlines in the world, has earned the trust of travelers across the globe. The airline can fly you to over 350 amazing travel destinations in 52 countries. Have you booked a flight with Delta Airlines but your travel plans have been altered? Maybe you wish to travel on different dates, or to a different destination. Delta Airlines’ change flight policy allows passengers to make such changes to their flight bookings.
After reading this article, you will have all the essential information you need in order to successfully change your Delta flight. So, here’s what you need to know about Delta Airlines’ change flight.
Delta Airlines Change Flight Policy
Delta Airlines’ change flight policy can vary depending on the type of ticket the passenger is carrying. Below we provide information on flight change policy for Economy, Non-Refundable, and Refundable (flexible) tickets.
Economy Ticket: Any flight changes made within 24 hours of making the booking are free of cost. You will only have to pay the price difference if changing flight during the 24-hour risk-free period. For Economy tickets, Delta does not allow any flight changes to be made after the initial 24 hours since the ticket purchase. Delta also does not allow flight change for Economy tickets within 24 hours of scheduled departure.
Non-Refundable Ticket: If you are carrying a non-refundable ticket, you will be allowed to change your Delta flight within 24 hours of making the ticket purchase without any charges. You will be required to pay the price difference between your old and new flights. Non-Refundable tickets are also eligible for flight change after the 24-hour risk-free period. The airline will charge you a flight change fee for the same. This flight change fee can range between $0 to $500. You can also change flights within 24 hours of scheduled departure when the flight change is available. For this, the airline can charge you $75 onwards as a flight change fee.
Refundable/Flexible Ticket: There are multiple benefits to purchasing a refundable ticket when it comes to a flight change. The airline charges no flight change fee for refundable tickets if you change flight at least 24 hours before the scheduled flight departure. You will solely be required to pay for the price difference between the old and new flights. For changing your Delta flight within 24 hours of departure you will have to pay $75 or above.
How To Change Delta Airlines Flight?
Now that you are familiar with the basics of Delta Airlines Change Flight Policy, you can proceed to change your flight. Simply follow the simple steps given below to change Delta flight online.
- First, locate your ‘Ticket Confirmation Number’. It is emailed to the customer when the booking is made.
- Now open Delta Airlines Official Website.
- On the homepage of the website, you will see ‘My Trips’, click on it.
- Enter your confirmation number.
- Now enter the passenger’s First Name and Last Name.
- Click on the arrow button next to these fields or simply press Enter.
- You will be taken to the trip details page. From here, click on ‘Modify Flight’.
- You will be given the option to either cancel the flight or change the flight. Choose the ‘Start Flight Change’ option.
- Confirm the flight change and make the payment (if any).
The airline will send you a flight change confirmation mail when the changes have been made successfully. If your new flight has a lesser cost attached to it, the difference amount will be issued to you in the form of Delta eCredit. If the new flight is more expensive than the original booking, you will have to pay the difference via a payment method of your choice.
Delta Airlines Same-Day Change Flight Policy
Sometimes we have to make literal last-minute flight changes. If you are going to be changing your flight on the departure day itself, you should know about Delta Airlines’ same-day change flight policy. The important guidelines are listed below:
- Same-day flight changes with Delta Airlines are subject to availability. If there is no other flight option available, flight change is not possible.
- Basic Economy tickets are not eligible for the same-day flight change.
- International flight tickets are also not eligible for same-day flight changes.
- Same-day flight change with Delta Airlines will cost you $75 and above.
- The airline has stated that the same-day flight change is complimentary for Gold Medallion, Platinum, and Diamond members.
Also Read: Delta Airlines Cancelled Flights
Delta Same-Day Standby
If you apply for Delta same-day change flight but there is no seat available for you, then you will have the option of ‘Same Day Standby’. Standby passengers can also wait for seat availability on another flight. There is no additional fee charged by the airline for this same-day standby option. You will not be allowed to change your destination and origin with the same-day standby. This service is also available for multi-segment flights granted you have standby individually for each flight.
Delta Airlines Change Flight Fee
If you will be traveling within the United States, US Virgin Islands, Canada, and Puerto Rico, flight change with Delta Airlines will be costing 200 US Dollars. If you are traveling outside of the United States, the Delta Change Flight Fee can range anywhere between $200 to $450. This change fee depends on the flight route, fare type, and the duration of the flight. Both Same-Day Confirmed and Same Day Standby have a $75 USD fee designated to them.