Last updated on May 12th, 2022 at 11:37 am
Operating flights to over 30 exciting travel destinations, Hawaiian Airlines is known for its budget-friendly flight deals and more than satisfactory onboard service. As the name itself suggests, it is the largest commercial flight operator to and from the state of Hawaii. If you have booked a flight with the airline to your desired destination and made a mistake in entering the passenger’s name, you can get it corrected with ease. Hawaiian Airlines has a lenient name change policy that allows customers to fix both minor and major errors in the name. Read further to get all the details on Hawaiian Airlines change name on ticket.
Eligible Name Changes
From fixing slight spelling errors to correcting the name to match the passenger’s legal name, Hawaiian Airlines allows customers to make the following name changes:
Misspellings: Flight Bookings can often be made in a hurry. This results in minor errors being made on the reservation. If you have misspelled your name, Hawaiian Airlines will allow you to make the correction without any documentation. You can correct up to 3 characters in your name without any charges.
Legal Name Changes: If the passenger’s name has been legally changed due to marriage, divorce, adoption, etc., you can get it changed on the booking with the submission of supporting documents. The airline will ask you for the following supporting documents:
- Marriage Certificate
- Divorce Decree
- Any other supporting legal documents
A legal name change on the ticket can take longer than a spelling correction as Hawaiian Airlines will take time to verify the documents submitted by the passenger.
Add/Remove Middle Name: Passengers can easily add or remove their Middle Name on the ticket. There is no need to provide supporting documents for middle name addition or removal, although the airline will ask you for your passport. Just like Middle Name changes, you can also add or remove any Prefix/Suffix in the name.
Ineligible Name Change (Ticket Transfer)
It is important to note that a name change does not mean changing the name on the ticket to match another person’s name. Hawaiian Airlines, like most other major airlines, has prohibited the transfer of tickets to another person. Any name changes that the passenger is making on their booking must be done to match their name on the government-issued ID/Passport. Transfer of ticket to another person is disallowed to ensure the safety of co-passengers that can be compromised if a phony passenger boards the flight.
Hawaiian Airlines Name Change Policy
Before the customers initiate the name change process, it is recommended that they go through the following guidelines provided by the airline under its name change policy.
- Passengers can make a name correction of up to 3 characters without any charges.
- If you are altering more than 3 characters, the airline will treat it as a name change and you will be charged a fee for the same.
- Legal name changes can also be made without any charges granted the passenger submits valid supporting documents.
- Name changes are allowed only to match the name provided
- Hawaiian Airlines won’t allow you to change the name on the ticket to another person’s name.
- Middle Name and Prefix/Suffix are allowed to be added or removed.
- If your ticket was booked via a third-party travel agency, you will be required to pay a fee for the minor spelling corrections as well.
- Name changes can be requested up until the day of the flight’s departure.
Also Read: Hawaiian Airlines Missed Flight Policy
How To Change Name On Hawaiian Airlines Ticket Online?
If you wish to get your name changed online, you will have to use the Hawaiian Airlines Manage Booking service. Manage Booking allows passengers to modify their booking with ease. The service is available on the official website of Hawaiian Airlines. You can follow the steps given below and get your name changed online.
- Open your web browser and visit the Hawaiian Airlines website.
- Click on the ‘Manage Flights’ tab.
- Select the ‘My Trips’ option.
- Enter the passenger’s Last Name.
- Enter the Booking Confirmation Number. It can be found in the booking confirmation email sent to you by the airline.
- Click on the ‘View My Trips’ button to retrieve your booking.
- Select the flight booking for which you need to request a name change.
- You will find the various flight booking editing options. Edit the passenger’s name from the personal details section.
- Confirm your name change and make the payment (if any).
If you follow the above-stated steps successfully, the airline will send you a confirmation of your name change. The updated booking details shall also be included in the email.
Change Name On Ticket Via Phone Call
Hawaiian Airlines customers can also get their name change/correction done by contacting the airline’s customer support team through a phone call. You will be connected to a live representative of Hawaiian Airlines who will assist you with the name change process. They shall also provide instant answers to any of your flight booking-related queries. A name change for your HawaiianMiles account can only be requested via phone call.
For further assistance, you can speak to experts at Name Change Helpline Number: +1-877-563-0684 (available 24/7).
Hawaiian Airlines Name Change Fee
As mentioned earlier, you will be allowed to change up to a maximum of 3 characters in your name on the ticket without any charges. The airline also allows legal name changes to be made free of cost. If the change in name is more than 3 characters or the booking was made through a third-party travel agency, you will be charged a name change fee of $25 per ticket.