Last updated on April 12th, 2022 at 05:18 pm
Flights can be missed at times due to our own negligence or the airline we have booked the flight with. Will you be traveling with JetBlue Airways anytime soon? If yes, then you might be having questions about the Jetblue missed flight policy. Here’s everything you need to know about what happens when you miss a JetBlue Airways flight.
What To Do If You Missed Your JetBlue Flight?
Did you arrive late at the airport and in turn missed your flight? The airline gives you various options when facing such a situation. Let’s go through these options one by one.
Communicate with the airline about your missed flight
The first thing to do is get in touch with the support team of the airline. You will have to inform them that you have missed your flight. The airline’s representatives will provide you with the necessary assistance. If you haven’t yet missed the flight but are sure you won’t be able to reach the airport in time, communicating the same to the airline can help you get some compensation.
Get rebooked on another JetBlue flight
When a passenger misses their flight, JetBlue helps them in getting rebooked on another flight to the same destination and in the same travel class. Having a genuine cause behind you missing the flight (such as medical reasons) will increase your chances of getting rebooked without any penalties. If your new flight is costlier than the original booking, you will have to pay the fare difference.
Apply for a refund
If you provide a genuine reason behind you missing the flight, the airline will consider issuing you a refund. This will also depend on the fare type you have purchased. When submitting an application for a refund, make sure you are as detailed in explaining your case. Providing supporting documents will increase your chances of getting a refund. If you can cancel the booking prior to the departure, you will receive a refund after paying a cancellation fee.
Join the Standby list
If you miss your JetBlue flight and there are no seats available on the next flight, the airline will put you on standby. JetBlue will then notify you once there is a seat vacant.
Same-Day No Show option
This option involves paying a fee ranging anywhere from $75 to $150. The airline will get you a confirmed rebooking on the next available flight. It works similar to a same-day confirmed flight change.
JetBlue Missed Missed Flight Policy
Now that you know about the options available at your disposal when you miss a flight, let’s go through the JetBlue Missed Flight Policy in detail below:
- According to JetBlue’s policy, if you fail to show up for your flight in time, the airline will credit the amount to the JetBlue travel bank. This amount can then be used to book any future flights with JetBlue Airways.
- If you wish to get rebooked on the next flight, the airline will put you on a standby list without any additional fee.
- Passengers who miss their flight are allowed to use the same-day no-show option after paying a fee. This fee will be depending on the fare difference between the original and new booking.
- If you are not eligible for any refund whatsoever, you can still get the tax amount of the fare refunded to you.
- If you are to request the same-day flight change prior to the departure, the airline will charge you a $50 fee.
- There is also a JetBlue ‘Two–Hour Rule’ which states that passengers must arrive at the airport two hours after missing the flight to have the standby option without paying for any additional charges. More details on JetBlue’s Standby policy are given below.
Book cheap flights with JetBlue Low Fare Calendar
JetBlue Standby Guidelines
We have mentioned JetBlue Standby a few times in this article. In the majority of missed flight cases, passengers are put on the standby list. Let us take a look at all the guidelines provided by the airline regarding this Standby Service.
- JetBlue states that Standby is dependent on seat availability. This means that if you are put on standby, there is no guarantee that you will actually get rebooked on the next flight.
- The airline charges a $75 Standby fee on top of the fare difference that will have to be paid by the passenger.
- You will be charged no Standby fee if you have purchased a Blue Extra ticket.
- The Standby fee is refunded if the airline can’t get you rebooked on the next flight.
- You will get listed on Standby for any flight that is sold-out, is traveling to the same destination as the original booking, and will be departing on the same day as your original flight.
- The origin and destination airports must remain the same with the flight change.
- JetBlue Mint seats have no guarantee of being assigned when traveling on Standby. If you are eventually assigned a core seat, there will be no refund for not being able to travel on a JetBlue Mint seat.
- Passengers who have purchased a refundable fare type and Mosaic Customers are not charged any fee for Standby.
What happens if you miss your flight due to JetBlue Airways?
There are times when an airline can face technical problems which can halt its flight operations. If you miss your flight and JetBlue Airways is to blame, the airline will give you two options. First. you can get rebooked on the next flight available to the same destination as the original booking. The travel class will also remain unchanged. The other option is to ask the airline for a full refund. In case you do want to get rebooked on another flight, but the next JetBlue flight is available for the next day, you will get booked on a flight with another airline.