Even though low-cost airlines tend to be strict regarding their policies, JetBlue Airways is an exception to this. The airline has always made sure that its policies are as customer-friendly as possible. If you have made a reservation with the airline but won’t be able to make the trip, you can easily cancel your booking and get your money back. Read further to know about JetBlue Refund Policy.
JetBlue 24-Hour Refund Policy
Similar to any other major airline, JetBlue offers its passengers a 24-hour risk-free period. You can avoid any additional charges if you make changes to your booking within this period. According to the JetBlue 24-Hour Refund Policy,
- If the passenger cancels their booking within 24 hours of ticket purchase, the airline will provide you with a full refund.
- The passenger will not be charged any cancellation fee within the 24-hour risk-free period.
- The 24-hour refund policy is only applicable to tickets purchased at least 7 days prior to the scheduled departure.
- To qualify, the passenger must cancel the entire booking (except for JetBlue Vacations bookings).
- Bookings that have been changed won’t be eligible for a refund despite being cancelled within the 24 hour period. A cancellation fee may also be applied per passenger.
JetBlue Refund Policy For Refundable Tickets
If you are unsure about your travel plans, it is best to purchase a refundable fare for your flight. JetBlue Airways has stated the following guidelines under its refund policy for refundable tickets.
- Refundable fares are eligible for cancellations any time before the scheduled departure of the booked flight.
- You will be issued a full refund via the method of payment chosen during the booking process.
- If you don’t change or cancel your refundable fare booking, the value of the reservation shall be added to your JetBlue Travel Bank. This credit can be used to book future flights with JetBlue.
- For a partially used reservation, the refund amount shall be equivalent to a one-way fare for the cancelled portion of the trip.
- If you no-show or miss your flight, the airline will place the value of your refundable fare in your JetBlue Travel Bank as credit. To know more, check JetBlue Missed Flight Policy.
Note: Refundable fares may not be offered on all JetBlue flights.
JetBlue Refund Policy For Non-Refundable Tickets
A non-refundable fare, as the name suggests, is a fare type purchased by the passenger than shall not be eligible for a refund. JetBlue Airways has the following policy for non-refundable tickets.
- Non-refundable tickets can be cancelled prior to the scheduled departure.
- JetBlue will charge a cancellation fee (per person) upon cancellation of a non-refundable ticket.
- The cancellation fee can vary depending on the fare type you have opted for and the time of booking.
- The remaining value of the non-refundable ticket shall be transferred to your JetBlue Travel Bank. The credit can then be used for future travel.
- If the passenger fails to change or cancel their booking prior to the scheduled departure, JetBlue shall forfeit the value associated with the non-refundable ticket.
- The value of any add-ons to your booking such as JetBlue Even More Space, Even More Speed, etc., shall also be forfeited.
Refund Policy For Flight Changes Made By JetBlue
There are times when an airline encounters unexpected situations such as technical problems with their flights which results in changes to the flight and even cancellations. Read the refund guidelines for such circumstances below:
- JetBlue Airways will give you the option to take the next available flight without any additional charges if your flight is cancelled by the airline itself.
- If the next available flight doesn’t suit your travel plans, the airline will transfer the value of the ticket to your Travel Bank for future booking usage.
- When the airline has cancelled your flight and fails to rebook you within a 2 hour time period, you will receive a refund in the original form of payment.
- If your JetBlue flight has a change between 61 to 119 minutes, you will be eligible to receive a JetBlue Travel Bank Credit.
- For a change of 2 hours or more, you can either receive a refund, receive Travel Bank Credit, or travel on another flight within 7 days before or after the original scheduled departure.
How To Get JetBlue Refund?
JetBlue Airways’ passengers who are cancelling their flight can get refunded either online or via a phone call. To get your refund online, you will have to visit the airline’s official website and use the Manage Booking service. The website has a user-friendly interface making it convenient to manage your flight booking. Follow the steps given below to get your JetBlue refund.
- Open the JetBlue website in your web browser.
- Click on the ‘Manage Trips’ tab.
- Enter the passenger’s Last Name and booking Confirmation Code.
- Click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- You will be shown your flight booking with various options available. From here you can cancel your booking.
- If eligible, you will be shown a ‘Refund’ option upon cancellation, select it.
- Enter the required information such as bank account details.
- Follow the prompts shown on the screen to complete the refund process.
Once your flight is cancelled, you will be sent an email confirming the same. Cash or Check refunds are processed within 20 days while Credit Card refunds shall be issued promptly.
If you are having trouble getting your JetBlue refund online, you also have the option of getting in touch with the airline via phone call. You will be connected to a live representative of JetBlue Airways who shall assist you in getting your flight cancelled and your money refunded. The JetBlue customer service can also provide information on your refund status.
JetBlue Cancellation Fees
If you are cancelling your flight over the phone, JetBlue will charge you a cancellation fee of $25 per person. The same fee is applicable for flight changes made over the phone. This fee can be avoided by simply making the cancellation/changes online through the airline’s official website. If you are cancelling a JetBlue Vacations booking, you will be charged a $200 fee per person.
Also Check: JetBlue First Class