KLM Royal Dutch Airlines has been well received by customers for its onboard product. Even the standard seats on a KLM flight are extremely comfortable and ensure a relaxing journey for the passengers. If you are planning on taking a KLM flight anytime soon, you can easily select your flight seat either during or after the booking procedure has been completed. Read further to get all the details on KLM seat selection.
For assistance with KLM seat selection, talk to experts at Seat Selection Helpline Number: +1-202-982-2462 (available 24/7).
KLM Seat Selection Guidelines
- KLM customers can select their flight seats for a fee as it is not a free service.
- Seat selection terms and conditions depend on the type of seat you are selecting (Standard, Economy Comfort, etc.).
- In the Economy Class Cabin, KLM offers its customers Extra Comfort Seat.
- If you have purchased an Economy Comfort seat and are not allotted the same during the flight, you will be eligible for a seat refund.
- If you are a Flying Blue Elite member or SkyMiles Elite member, you will be able to reserve extra comfortable seats for a discount and in some cases absolutely free of cost.
- You can get a full refund for your KLM flight seat if the refund is requested within 24 hours of ticket purchase.
- If the seat you have selected is adjacent to the emergency exits of the aircraft, you must be familiar with the safety instructions and must be able to provide assistance in the case of an emergency.
- KLM seat selection can be either done online or by contacting the KLM customer service. More information is given below.
How To Do KLM Seat Selection?
If you wish to select your flight seat online, you will have to visit the official website of KLM airlines and select the seat during the booking process. If you have already booked your flight, you can perform seat selection by visiting the ‘My Trip’ feature on the KLM website. The entire KLM seat selection process through ‘My Trip’ is given below.
KLM Seat Selection Online
- Open the KLM Website through a web browser of your choice.
- Click on the ‘My Trip’ tab located in the header of the website.
- Enter your Booking Code.
- Enter the passenger’s Last Name.
- Click on the ‘Search’ button.
- You will be shown all the bookings you have made with the airline. Select the flight booking you wish to select the seat for.
- You will find various options such as Flight Change and Add Baggage. Choose the Seat Selection option.
- The website will show you the flight seat map. Choose the seat that best suits your requirements.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to confirm the seat selection.
- Make the payment via one of the available payment methods.
When the seat selection has been successfully performed, the airline will notify you about the same by sending you an email. The email will contain your updated booking details.
KLM Seat Selection Via Phone Call
If you are having trouble selecting your preferred seat online or need more information on seat selection, you have the option of contacting the airline’s customer service. You will be connected with a live representative of the airline who will assist you in the seat selection process and answer all your seat-related queries. Make sure that you keep your booking details handy when you call the airline for the seat selection.
KLM Seat Selection Fee
For passengers traveling in the Economy Class, advance seat selection for an Economy seat will cost USD 21. As we had mentioned above, Flying Blue Elite members or SkyMiles Elite members have the luxury of getting their flight seats reserved without having to pay any additional charges. Also, KLM airlines exempt seat selection fees for passengers who have purchased a flexible fare.
The KLM seat prices will depend on factors such as the time and day of your flight, the flight route, the passenger’s Flying Blue status, etc.
KLM Flight Seats
If you are flying with KLM airlines, you have the option of traveling in either the Economy Class or Business Class. Seats of both Economy and Business Class have different features to them. For a higher ticket price, the KLM Business Class seat will offer you more comfort. Here’s everything you need to know about KLM flight seats.
KLM Economy Class Seats
There are four different types of seats KLM offers on its flights. These are the Standard, Economy Comfort, Extra Legroom, and Front Section seats. The standard seats have legroom of 76 cm and a seat recline of 9 cm. These seats are ergonomically designed. Economy Comfort seats will offer you 5 cm of additional legroom and 4 to 5 cm of additional recline in comparison to the standard seats. The Economy Comfort seats also have In-seat power on most aircraft.
Extra Legroom seats have an additional 10 cm of legroom than the EconomyComfort seats. You will be seated next to the emergency exit. The seat recline for Extra Legroom seats is the same as Standard seats. Front section seats also have the same seat legroom and seat recline as standard seats. You will be seated in the front row behind the comfort zone of Economy Class.
KLM Business Class Seats
KLM Business Class seats are second to none in terms of the comfort and luxury these seats offer. The Business Class seats have 7.5 cm of additional legroom in comparison to the Standard KLM seats. The Business Class seats have a recline of 12.5 cm. You will either be seated on a window or aisle seat and the middle seat is blocked.
Read more about KLM Business Class.