Getting your preferred flight seat can truly enhance your flight experience. Have you booked your next flight with Lufthansa Airlines? You can easily reserve your flight seat with Lufthansa either online or by contacting the airline’s customer support. Before you proceed with the seat reservation process, you must know about the various guidelines regarding Lufthansa seat reservation. Here’s what you need to know.
Lufthansa Seat Reservation Guidelines
- You can get a flight seat reserved only if the flight is being operated by Lufthansa, Lufthansa Regional (Air Dolomiti, Lufthansa CityLine), Lufthansa Express Rail (DB), or Austrian Airlines.
- If your reservation is on the waiting list, you won’t be eligible to do a Lufthansa seat reservation.
- Lufthansa seat reservation is only allowed up to 52 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- If you are traveling on an intercontinental flight, Lufthansa will not charge you any seat reservation fee for Business and First Class.
- Advanced seat reservation fee shall be applicable on continental feeder flights.
- If due to a change in aircraft type Lufthansa changes your reserved flight seat, the airline will try its best to allocate you an equivalent seat.
- The airline will issue a refund on seat reservation if the newly allocated seat is not of the same category (extra legroom seat, window seat, etc.) as the originally reserved seat
- You can either reserve your Lufthansa seat during the flight booking process or after the reservation has been made via ‘My Bookings’.
Lufthansa Seat Reservation In Emergency Exit Rows
If you are reserving a Lufthansa seat in the emergency exit rows, there are a few additional guidelines you will need to follow.
- The passenger must be at least 16 years old.
- You will also be required to be fluent in either English or the German language.
- In case of an emergency, you should be able to provide assistance.
- You should be capable of understanding instructions that will be needed to be followed in case of an emergency.
- The passenger accompanying you (if any) should not be dependent on you for help during an emergency.
- You must not be traveling with a pet animal in the flight cabin.
Note: If you can’t meet the above-stated requirements, the airline will assign you a different seat before the scheduled flight departure.
Legal Entitlement for Lufthansa Seat Reservation
The passenger should not confuse a confirmed advanced seat reservation with a legal entitlement to a particular seat on the aircraft. A seat reservation will only ensure that you get a seat in your chosen seat category (window seat, extra legroom seat, aisle seat, etc.). Once the Check-In process has been initiated, you can choose any of the unreserved seats for your flight journey free of cost. Advance seat reservation is only applicable per flight segment.
Also Read: Lufthansa Rebooking Policy
Lufthansa Seat Reservation Cost
The Lufthansa seat reservation cost can vary depending on the chosen seat category and travel class. Lufthansa flights offer four different travel classes (Economy Class, Premium Economy, Business Class, and First Class). As mentioned earlier, advance seat reservation is free of cost if you are traveling in the Business Class or First Class.
Lufthansa Economy Class Seat Cost
When reserving a seat in the Economy Class, you can either opt for the Standard Seat, seat with additional legroom, or seat in your preferred zone. There are a total of 5 seat price zones. The table below shows the cost of each type of Economy Class seat in the various zones.
|Seat Price Zone||1st Zone||2nd Zone||3rd Zone||4th Zone||5th Zone|
|Extra Legroom Seat||€25||€40||€60||€75||€110|
|Seat In Preferred Zone||€17||€20||€40||€45||€55|
Lufthansa Premium Economy Seat Cost
The Premium Economy seat cost will also vary depending on the seat price zones. With Premium Economy, you can either for zones 3, 4, or 5. Refer to the table below to know the Lufthansa Premium Economy seat cost.
|Seat Price Zone||3rd Zone||4th Zone||5th Zone|
How To Do Lufthansa Seat Reservation?
When you are making your Lufthansa flight booking, you will get the option of reserving a seat during the booking process itself. However, if you wish to get your seat reserved once the booking has been already made, you can do so by following the below-listed steps:
- Visit Lufthansa’s official website through your web browser.
- Click on the Manage Booking tab (which can be found on the homepage itself).
- Enter the Booking Code.
- Enter the passenger’s First and Last Name.
- Click on the ‘Find Bookings’ button.
- Select your Lufthansa flight booking for which you wish to reserve a seat.
- Go to the seat selection option.
- You will be shown a seat map with the unreserved flight seats and their prices. Select the seat you wish to reserve.
- Confirm the advanced seat reservation by making the payment.
Once your seat has been successfully reserved, Lufthansa will notify you about the same by sending you an email. The email will contain your updated flight booking details.
Lufthansa Seat Reservation Refund
If you wish to get reimbursed for your Lufthansa seat reservation, you can request the same either online (My Booking tab on Lufthansa’s official website) or offline (Lufthansa’s service center. The airline will not issue any refunds directly at the airport or onboard the flight. You can get reimbursed for your Lufthansa seat reservation under the following circumstances:
- The aircraft type has been changed for your flight and the airline failed to provide you with a seat equivalent to the one you had reserved.
- Your flight is rebooked due to an interruption but you don’t get a seat equivalent to the one you had reserved on the new flight.
- The flight is canceled by Lufthansa and the alternative flight doesn’t suit your requirements.