Southwest Airlines is one of the few major airlines out there to have struck an amazing balance between excellent services, booking flexibility, and low airfares. The airline understands that travel plans can change anytime. This is why it offers an unlimited number of flight changes on its bookings. Do you wish to travel on a different date than the one you have booked the flight for? Read further to know how to do Southwest date change on a flight.
Get your flight date changed instantly by calling the Date Change Helpline Number: +1-805-800-8634 (available 24/7).
Southwest Date Change Policy
Before you proceed to get your flight date changed, be sure to go through the following guidelines provided by Southwest under the airline’s date change policy.
- If your booking is affected by an involuntary change, the airline allows you to change the flight date up to 14 days from the date of the original booking.
- In the above-stated situation, the airline also charges no additional fees for the date change.
- You can change your flight date up to 10 minutes prior to the scheduled flight departure.
- The Southwest date change policy is the same regardless of the fare type you have purchased.
- If you have canceled your booking and received travel credit, you can use the travel credit to book a future flight within the next 12 months. Travel credits expire after a 1 year period.
- Flight date change eligibility also depends on seat availability on the preferred flight.
- In the case your flight was not booked directly through Southwest Airlines’ official channels, you must get your flight’s date changed via the third-party travel agency that was contacted to make the reservation.
Note: If your flight ticket was purchased using Southwest Rapid Rewards points, you must get the flight changed using points only.
Also check: Southwest Refund Policy
How To Do Southwest Date Change Online?
Does changing your flight date seem like a hassle to you? Date changes can be made with ease and instantly via the Southwest Airlines website or by requesting the date through a phone call. To do the Southwest date change online, you can follow the steps listed below:
- Visit the Southwest Airlines official site.
- Click on the Change/Cancel tab.
- Provide your Booking Confirmation Code, First Name, and Last Name.
- Choose the Change Flight option.
- Click on the Search button to retrieve your flight booking.
- Once your booking has been retrieved, choose the date change option.
- Select your preferred travel date.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the date change process.
Shortly after the date change has been completed, you should receive an email from the airline containing your updated booking details. To make any further changes to your booking, you can again access the Manage Booking portal.
Also check: Southwest Transfer Ticket To Another Person
Southwest Date Change via Phone Call
For an instant flight date change, it is recommended that you contact Southwest Airlines via a phone call. Southwest offers excellent and proactive customer support. Upon calling, you will be connected to a live representative of the airline. Simply communicate your booking details to the live agent and state the date you wish to travel on and your request shall be completed within a few minutes. Meanwhile, you can also get answers to any queries you might be having regarding your reservation.
For further assistance with Southwest Date Change, talk to our experts at Date Change Helpline Number: +1-805-800-8634 (available 24/7).
Southwest Date Change Cost
Southwest is one of the few major airlines out there that offers free flight date changes up to 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Even the cheapest fare offered by the airline – Wanna Get Away – is eligible for date changes without any charges. In comparison, other major American airlines such as United Airlines, Delta Airlines, and JetBlue Airways charge a hefty flight date change fee that can go as high as $200. If your flight is departing in less than 10 minutes, you won’t be able to get your flight rescheduled.
Same-Day Flight Change Guidelines
There are times when customers might wish to board an earlier flight on the departure day itself. In the air travel terminology, these are referred to as Same-Day Flight Changes. As long as there is a seat available on the flight you wish to board and it is flying to the same destination as the original booking, you shall be eligible for the Same-Day Flight Change. You can also do a Same-Day Flight Change for a flight departing at a later time that the originally scheduled departure.
Q. Can you change the date on a Southwest ticket?
A. Yes, Southwest allows its passengers to change their flight date as long as the change is requested at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Q. Can you change a Southwest flight without a charge?
A. Yes, Southwest allows passengers to change their flight date and destination without any fees.
Q. How to change the date of the Southwest flight?
A. You can change your flight date online by visiting the Southwest Manage Reservation webpage and retrieving your booking. You can also fill out the Booking Modification Form provided on this page to do a date change for your flight.
Q. How many times can you rebook a Southwest flight?
A. There is no set limit to the number of changes you can make to your Southwest flight reservation.