Vacationing with a group of friends or family is a great way to create unforgettable memories. If you are planning on taking a flight in a group, you can opt for Southwest group travel. Southwest is well-known for its reliable service and group travel with the airline will offer you multiple perks and benefits. Before you initiate the reservation process, read our detailed guide on Southwest Group Booking.
About Southwest Group Booking Program
Southwest Airlines offers its customers the Group Booking or Group Travel Program. This program is made available if you are traveling in a group of 10 or more members. It is designed to provide discounted fares and more flexibility. With Southwest Group Booking, you will be able to avail of flight discounts that are not available for standard bookings.
Southwest Group Booking Benefits
When you opt for Southwest Group Booking instead of making a regular reservation for all the passengers, you will get the following benefits:
- Southwest will not ask you for an upfront payment for group bookings.
- There is no additional fee for booking, ticketing, or change fees.
- Southwest will issue a Tour Conductor Ticket (round-trip) free of charge for every 29th group booking ticket purchased.
- You can make name changes to any of the passengers on a group booking without paying a name change fee.
Group Travel Program is ideal for:
- School groups
- Family groups
- Religious groups
- Sport groups
How To Make Southwest Group Booking?
In order to make a Southwest Group Booking, customers are required to deposit $50 for each member of the group. This deposit is necessary to hold the reservation and Southwest will only accept credit cards as the mode of payment. You can call the airline to make the payment over the phone.
The final payment can be made via UATP, Paypal, or credit card. Make sure you don’t miss the due date for the final payment in order to get your flight confirmed. Once your Southwest group booking is confirmed, the airline will refund the initial $50 deposit within the next five days.
Customers will also be required to submit a Letter Of Authorization (LOA) by visiting Southwest Airlines Group Travel Page.
For further details on the reservation process and group travel discount details, you can contact the customer service of Southwest Airlines. You will be connected to a live representative of the airline who will provide you with the necessary assistance.
Also Read: Rebook Southwest Flight
Web Check-In For Group Booking
Southwest Group Booking passengers can also Check-In online to reserve their boarding positions. Online Check-In for Southwest flights begins 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure. Although largely similar, the Check-In process for group booking can differ slightly from that of standard bookings. Follow the simple steps listed below to Check-In online for your Southwest Group Travel.
- Open the official website of Southwest Airlines.
- Click on the ‘Check In’ tab available on the homepage of the website.
- Enter your Booking Confirmation Number.
- Fill in your First Name and Last Name.
- Click on the yellow ‘Check In’ button.
- The website will now take you to the Check-In page. For domestic group booking, you will have the option of either checking in the entire group at once or checking in selected members of the group.
- For international groups, you will have to check in all the passengers in the group one by one.
Once the Check-In process is completed successfully, you can get your boarding pass at the airport’s ticket counter or kiosk.
Note: For Check-In of International Groups, you will be required to provide a valid passport and an emergency contact for each passenger in the booking.
Also Read: Southwest Airlines Check-in Policy
Southwest Group Travel Baggage Policy
The baggage policy for Southwest Group Booking is the same as that of any regular booking with the airline. Each passenger on the group booking can fly with up to two items of checked baggage without any charges. The airline will charge a $75 fee for each additional bag. Talking about the carry-on baggage allowance, you will be allowed to travel with a maximum of one carry-on bag and one personal item.
Refer to the table below to know the baggage weight and size limitations set by Southwest Airlines.
|Baggage Type||Maximum Dimensions||Maximum Weight|
|Checked Baggage||62 inches (157.5 cm)||50 lbs (22.7 kg)|
|Carry-On Baggage||10 x 16 x 24 in||N/A|
|Personal Item||18.5 x 8.5 x 13.5 in||N/A|
Additional Guidelines For Southwest Group Booking
Southwest has specific and terms & Conditions for its group travel program. Here’s a list of the essential guidelines you need to be familiar with before you make your group booking.
- The $50 group booking deposit won’t be applicable towards the actual ticket price and will be refunded within 5 days of final payment.
- The airline does not issue any physical tickets for group bookings. In other words, customers shall be electronically ticketed.
- Name change on group tickets is allowed for up to 72 hours prior to the scheduled departure without any charges.
- Southwest does not facilitate EarlyBird Check-In for tickets as part of a group booking.
- If one or more passengers on the group booking require special assistance, you can communicate the same to the airline during the reservation process itself.
Southwest Group Booking FAQs
Q. Can you check In a group on Southwest?
A. Yes, you can check In online for your Southwest Group Booking. Check-in begins 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
Q. Do airlines give discounts for groups?
A. Yes, with Southwest group booking you can travel at a much lower ticket price than when making a standard booking.
Q. How do you buy group airline tickets?
A. You can contact Southwest Airlines via a phone call to buy group airline tickets. Contacting the airline’s sales office is recommended for getting a discounted group rate.