Arguably one of the best low-cost carriers, Spirit Airlines is a well-known name in the airline industry. If you are planning on saving a handsome amount on your next travel, flying with Spirit Airlines would be the ideal choice for you. Travelers looking for information on flight booking, airline policies, and general travel info can visit the Spirit Airlines official site for all the necessary details.
For assistance with booking flights, talk to experts at Book A Flight Helpline Number: +1-202-982-2462 (available 24/7).
About Spirit Airlines
Spirit Airlines commenced operations nearly 30 years ago. Since then, the airline has grown exponentially and has been giving head-to-head competition to most major airlines. With over 80 destinations, Spirit Airlines can fly you to locations in the United States, Latin America, and the Caribbean. The success of Spirit Airlines can be seen by the fact that multiple major airlines such as JetBlue and Allegiant have been showing interest in a merger with Spirit.
Book A Flight via Spirit Airlines Official Site
Not sure how to get your flight reservation made with Spirit Airlines? Flight bookings can be done either through the official channels of the airline or via a third-party travel agent. If you wish to get your booking done from the comfort of your home or office, you can do so by visiting the Spirt Airlines official site. Follow the steps given below to book your flight online.
- Open the Spirit Airlines official site on a web browser of your choice.
- Click on the ‘Book’ tab available on the homepage of the website.
- Select the ‘Flight’ option.
- Choose your origin and arrival destinations.
- Select your trip type (one-way, round trip, multi-city).
- Enter your preferred travel date. If you are going on a round trip, you will be required to enter the return date as well.
- Choose the number of passengers.
- Select from the Dollars and Points options to pay for the flight booking.
- Click on the ‘Search flight’ button.
- Choose from the available flight options according to your travel and budgetary needs.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to enter passenger details, select a flight seat, add baggage to your booking, and more.
- Once satisfied with your selections, make the payment to confirm your booking.
Spirit Airlines will mail you your flight booking details at the email address provided during the booking process. If you wish to make changes to your booking, you can use the airline’s Manage Booking service.
Customers who are having trouble getting their flight booked through the Spirit Airlines official site also have the option of making their reservation via the airline’s reservations number. If you need help with flight booking procedures, you can talk to experts at Flight Booking Helpline Number: +1-202-982-2462.
Manage Your Booking
Have you already booked a flight with Spirit Airlines and wish to make changes to your booking? This can be done through Spirit Airlines Manage Booking. This can be done either through the Spirit Airlines official site or by contacting the airline’s customer support. On the Spirit Airlines official site, you will have to choose the ‘My Trips’ option and enter your booking details to access the Manage Booking portal.
The following booking modifications can be made using the Manage Booking service:
Purchase additional baggage
Change flight date/time/destination
Select your preferred flight seat
Change the name on the ticket
Order special meals
Add special assistance
Note: Any flight cancellations made within 24 hours of ticket purchase shall be eligible for a full refund.
For assistance with making changes to your booking, talk to experts at Manage Booking Helpline Number: +1-202-982-2462 (available 24/7).
Like any other low-cost airline, Spirit Airlines only offers the Economy cabin to its passengers. While the inflight entertainment and other onboard services are nothing to brag about (no inflight WiFi or streaming offered), the overall experience when flying in the Economy cabin is satisfactory. There are two types of seats you can fly on with Spirit Airlines – Standard Economy Seats and Big Front Seats. The standard Economy seats offer 28 inches of seat pitch and 17.75 inches of seat width. The big front seats are worth upgrading to as they offer an additional 8 inches of seat pitch and about 1 inch of additional seat width.
When flying with Spirit Airlines, passengers are allowed to travel with 1 carry-on bag, 1 personal item, 1 carry-on item, and 2 checked baggage. You can fly with additional checked baggage items but the airline shall charge you a hefty fee for the same. Read further for details on a Spirit Airlines baggage allowance.
Carry-On Baggage Allowance
Spirit Airlines passengers can fly with one personal item (free of cost), carry-on baggage, and one carry-on item (both subject to applicable fees). The personal item can have a maximum size of 40 linear inches (18 x 14 x 8 in) and must be able to fit under the seat in front of the passenger. On the other hand, the carry-on item must not exceed the size limit of 50 linear inches (22 x 18 x 10 in) and should be able to fit in the overhead bin or the under the seat in front of the passenger.
Checked Baggage Allowance
You can travel with up to 2 checked baggage items without any charges. The airline can transport up to a maximum of 5 checked baggage items for you granted you pay the additional fees. The maximum size and weight limits are 62 inches and 40 pounds respectively.
For detailed information, visit Spirit Airlines Baggage Policy.
Are you traveling to your favorite destination but don’t want to leave your pet friend behind? Spirit Airlines does allow pet travel albeit for a decent amount of fee. Read the following pet travel guidelines provided by Spirit Airlines.
- The airline only allows domestic dogs, cats, small household birds, and small rabbits to travel onboard the flight.
- Each passenger can fly with one pet carrier.
- A maximum of 2 pets are allowed inside one pet carrier.
- The pet carrier should not exceed the size limit of 18 x 14 x 9 inches
- The minimum age requirement for the pet to be eligible to fly on a Spirit Airlines flight is eight weeks.
- The carrier should have ample space for the pet to move freely and be in a standing position with ease.
- The pet must remain inside the carrier throughout the flight duration.
Note: Spirit Airlines charges a $110 fee (each way) for pet travel.
Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy
- Spirit booking cancellation requested within 24 hours of ticket purchase is free of cost if the booking was made a minimum of 7 days prior to the scheduled departure.
- Any cancellations made after the first 24 hours are subject to cancellation charges.
- The cancellation fee can vary between $49 to $99 depending on how early you get your booking canceled.
- Customers are allowed to cancel or make other changes to their booking up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- Passengers who cancel their booking due to exceptional circumstances (such as the death of a family member or serious illness) can be eligible for a refund granted if they provide supporting documents.
- If you have paid for Spirit’s Flight Flex, you will be eligible to cancel your booking up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure without any charges.
Note: Refunds shall be made via the method of payment that was used by the customer during the flight booking process.
Also check: Spirit Refund Policy