Spirit Airlines is arguably the most prominent ultra-low-cost carrier in the United States. The airline operates flights to more than 80 destinations across the United States, Caribbean, and Latin America. Since Spirit is an ultra-low-cost carrier, the airline doesn’t promise a luxurious flight journey. However, if you have booked a flight with Spirit Airlines, you can select the ideal flight seat to enhance your comfort. Read further for details on Spirit Airlines Seat Selection.
Get help with choosing your preferred flight seat. Contact our booking experts at Seat Selection Helpline Number: +1-805-270-2898 (available 24/7).
Spirit Airlines Seat Selection Guidelines
Seat selection for a Spirit Airlines flight can be done by visiting the My Trips portal 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure. Before you choose your ideal seat for your next Spirit flight, be sure to go through the following Seat Selection guidelines:
- If the passenger doesn’t opt for a paid seat assignment, Spirit Airlines shall assign a random flight seat during the Check-In process.
- When the passenger is assigned a random seat, Spirit Airlines takes no guarantee that they shall be seated with their friends and family.
- You can do seat selection for a Spirit Airlines flight either during the booking process or once the booking has been already made.
- When selecting your flight seat more than 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure, you must do so by visiting the My Trips portal and choosing the ‘Add or Modify Seats’ option.
- If you are doing Seat Selection within 24 hours of the scheduled departure, you must do so through the online check-in process.
- Seat Selection can be done up to 1.5 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- In the case, you made your Spirit flight booking via a third-party travel agency, it is recommended you request Seat Selection through the third-party service itself.
Passengers can choose Spirit’s Big Front Seat and enjoy extra legroom in exchange for a few additional bucks. More on Seat Selection costs are below.
Spirit Airlines Seat Selection Cost
According to the information provided on the various official channels of Spirit Airlines, Seat Selection cost starts at $5. The Seat Selection cost can vary depending on your flight route and the location of your seat. For example, Spirit’s Big Front Seat shall cost you more than a standard flight seat. The cost for Big Front Seats falls between $25 to $175 when reserved as an onboard upgrade and between $12 to $150 in advance when selected in advance. Also, window seats and aisle seats have a higher cost than the middle seats.
Paying for Seat Selection with Spirit Airlines is definitely worth it, especially if you wish to make sure that you are seated with your friends and family.
Related: Spirit Refund Policy
Spirit Airlines Seat Specs
The flight seat specifications can vary depending on the aircraft you shall be flying on. Spirit Airlines offers two different types of flight seats: 1) Big Front Seats, and 2) Standard Economy Seats. As the name itself suggests, Big Front Seats are more spacious and offer additional legroom. On the other hand, Standard Economy Seats are regular seats that are assigned to the passenger even if you don’t pay for a seat assignment.
Refer to the table below for details on the dimensions of seats offered on a Spirit aircraft:
|Seat Type||Seat Pitch||Seat Width|
|Standard Economy Seats||28 inches||17.75 inches|
|Big Front Seats||36 inches||18.5 inches|
Seat count also varies from aircraft to aircraft. The airline offers a maximum of 10 Big Front Seats on its aircraft. When it comes to Standard Economy Seats, the seat count can vary between 145 to 228 seats.
Note: Big Front Seats are not offered on Airbus A320-200 (Layout 2).
How To Do Seat Selection For Spirit Airlines Flight?
Seat selection for a Spirit flight can be done both online and offline. If you choose to do seat selection online, you can go through the process by retrieving your booking through the Manage Booking portal. Seat Selection cannot be requested directly at the airport. If you wish to get your seat selected offline, you must contact the airline via phone call.
Both offline and online methods for Seat Selection are discussed in detail below:
Seat Selection Online (My Trips)
- Open the Spirit Airlines official site.
- Click on the My Trips tab.
- Under the Find My Trip section, enter the passenger’s last name and booking confirmation code to retrieve your booking.
- You can also retrieve your booking by signing in to your Spirit account.
- Once you have entered the Manage Booking portal, you will see various Manage Booking options such as flight change, booking cancellation, etc.
- In order to do seat selection, choose the ‘Add or Modify Seats’ option.
- If you have been already assigned a seat, you can modify the selection and choose a new seat. Otherwise, you can simply choose to select the preferred seat from the seat map.
- Make the payment (if any) and confirm the seat selection.
Spirit’s seat map is extremely user-friendly. It clearly shows you which seats are available for selection and at what cost. Once the airline has confirmed your seat selection, you shall be sent an email with your updated booking.
Spirit Seat Selection Offline (via Phone Call)
Facing any problems getting your seat selected online? If you are experiencing any technical issues with Spirit’s website, you are recommended to request Seat Selection by calling the airline. Once you have been connected to Spirit Airlines’ Live Person, simply provide your booking details and get your preferred flight seat reserved.
Tired of unnecessarily long wait times? Get your flight seat reserved directly through our booking specialists. Call us now at +1-805-270-2898 (available 24/7)