Last updated on October 14th, 2022 at 11:06 am
Air France, the flag carrier of France, is one of the most prominent air carriers in all of Europe. The airline is a part of the Air France-KLM Group. When flying with Air France, you can choose from 36 domestic and 175 international destinations across 93 countries. Have you made a reservation with Air France but misspelled your name on the ticket? Read further for details on Air France change name on ticket guidelines.
Change your name on an Air France ticket without additional charges! Contact our booking modification specialists at Name Change Helpline Number: +1-888-365-2014 (available 24/7).
Air France Name Change Policy
- Air France allows passengers to change their name on the ticket if it does not match the name provided on the passenger’s passport.
- It is essential to note that you won’t be eligible to change the name on the ticket to another person’s name. The Air France ticket must remain in the originally ticketed passenger’s name only.
- Passengers can request to change the name on their flight tickets up to 30 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- If you are traveling on a flight operated by one of the partner airlines of Air France, the name change request must be made up to 72 hours before the flight departs.
- When flying with a partner airline of Air France, name change requests are subject to approval from the partner airline only.
- For a name change on a ticket booked through the official channels of Air France, you can make the request online via the Air France website or by calling the Name Change Hotline: +1-888-365-2014.
- If you have booked an Air France Award Ticket, the ‘Flying Blue Service Centre’ must be contacted.
- To change your name on Air France tickets booked via a third-party agency, you are recommended to speak to the service well in advance.
Name change on the ticket is not required if:
- Passenger has multiple first names and they have only entered the first during the booking process.
- Only the passenger’s maiden name is showing.
- The passenger’s name is inverted. For example, ‘Williams John’ instead of ‘John Williams’.
- Your name is showing without spaces on the Air France Ticket
Name Correction On Air France Ticket
If you booked your flight ticket with Air France in a hurry and made a spelling mistake, the airline shall let you do a name correction. As of now, there is no information on the Air France website on how many characters passengers are allowed to correct in their name on a flight ticket. However, most airlines allow passengers to change 3 to 4 characters in their First, Middle, and Last Names.
Last Name Change On Air France Ticket
Has your last name been legally changed? Air France will also allow to you change the last name on their tickets completely if you provide the necessary verification documents. For example, if your name was changed due to marriage or divorce, you will be required to submit a marriage certificate or divorce decree. The last name change may take longer as the airline might take some time to verify your documents.
Air France Name Change Fees
If you have booked a flight that is operated by Air France, KLM, Kenya Airways, or Delta Airlines, you can change the name on the ticket free of charge up to 30 hours before the scheduled departure time. In case the flight ticket is that of a partner airline, you can request a name change free of cost up to 72 hours before departure.
When the above-stated time limit for a name change has already elapsed, Air France shall charge you a name change fee. The name change fee can vary depending on the fare type you have purchased. On average the airline can charge you a $50 to $100 name change fee.
How To Change Name On Ticket (Air France) Online?
Air France’s passengers can conveniently change their name on tickets online. All you have to do is retrieve your booking and apply the changes via the Air France Manage Booking facility. Simply follow the steps listed below:
- Open the Air France Airlines Official Site.
- Click on the My Bookings tab.
- Enter the Booking Reference Number and the passenger’s Last Name.
- Click on the search button and retrieve your booking.
- Select the flight you wish to change the name on the ticket for.
- Go to the passenger’s details section and make the necessary name change.
- Pay the Name Change Fee (if any).
If you have followed the name change process correctly, you should receive an email from Air France confirming the name change.
Note: Name change on Air France tickets online is only allowed once.
Change Name On Ticket via Phone Number
If you request a name change via our Name Change Hotline, the request shall be completed within minutes and you will be emailed the updated booking details in no time. Upon calling, you will be connected to a live person. Simply provide your booking details and state your name change requirements and the live person shall do the rest.
For further queries on ‘Air France Change Name On Ticket’, speak to our air travel experts at Name Change Helpline Number: +1-888-365-2014 (available 24/7).
Air France Transfer Ticket To Another Person
At times, passengers can confuse the ‘change name on ticket’ option as having the choice to transfer the ticket to another person. Air France has clearly stated on their website that its tickets are strictly non-transferable and that the transfer of ticket ownership is prohibited. If you have booked a flight with Air France and wish for another person to fly with your ticket, you only have the option to cancel the booking and use the refunded amount to book a flight for the other person.