Last updated on October 14th, 2022 at 12:58 pm
A prominent Colombian Airline, Avianca Airlines can fly its customers to over 60 exciting destinations across various countries. Have you booked a flight to one of these destinations but won’t be able to make the trip? If yes, then you might be looking for information on Avianca Refund guidelines. In this article, we talk about the airline’s refund policy, how you can apply for a refund, Avianca flight cancellation fee, and more. So here’s what you need to know before you cancel your Avianca reservation.
Avianca Airlines Refund Policy
Avianca Airlines is very specific about its cancellation and refund guidelines. Below we highlight the essential details of Avianca Airlines Refund Policy.
- According to the 24-hour cancellation and refund policy of Avianca, if a customer cancels their booking within 24 hours of purchase, the airline will provide the customer with a full refund regardless of their fare class.
- This 24-hour policy is applicable only if you had purchased the ticket a minimum of 7 days prior to the scheduled flight departure.
- A refund request form has to be filled out through an officially authorized channel in order to receive the refund.
- The cancellation and refund policy of Avianca won’t be applicable if you made the booking via third-party agents.
- If you cancel a non-refundable ticket after 24 hours of making the purchase, you will only be credited the tax amount.
- Promotional flight tickets are not eligible for cancellations.
- The flight fare value is completely forfeited in the case of ‘No-Show’ and customers will not receive any refund.
- If your flight cancellation has anything to do with Covid 19 protocols, the airline will provide you with a full refund.
- An administrative fee shall be charged ranging between $25-$150. The administrative fee varies depending on the type of fare you have purchased.
How To Apply for Avianca Refund
Canceling an Avianca Airlines flight and getting a refund is a very easy process. You can do so online conveniently. Follow the process given below.
- Open the Avianca Airlines Official Website on your web browser.
- Make sure you are logged in with your Avianca Airlines Log-In Credentials.
- Now click on the triple bar button (≡) that can be found on the top right corner of the homepage.
- Under the ‘Your Bookings’ section, click on ‘Refunds’.
- Select your ticket payment method (Credit Card or Cash/Debit Card)
- Now click on the red ‘Validate’ button.
- If your ticket is eligible for cancellation, it will be shown on the screen.
- Select the booking you wish to cancel.
- Check all the terms and conditions of Avianca Airlines’ cancellation and refund policy.
- Click on the ‘Cancel’ button.
If you follow the above-given steps the right way, the refund process will be initiated successfully. The airline will take around 30 days to get the refund processed.
Request Refund Via Phone Call
Alternatively, customers can get their Avianca flights canceled and request a refund by getting in touch with an Avianca Airlines representative through a phone call. There are multiple benefits to contacting a live representative. You can only get guidance with the refund application process but get answers to any of your booking-related queries. Make sure you call the airline during business hours. Also, keep your booking information handy for a speedy refund application process.
Avianca Refund Request In Person
If you don’t wish to request an Avianca flight refund online or via phone call, there is always the more traditional option of requesting a flight refund in person. For this, you will need to visit the Avianca Airlines office nearest to your location. You can find the address of the Avianca Airlines office on the contact us page of the airline. You can also ask for the office location of the office by calling Avianca Airlines customer service.
Avianca Flight Cancellation Fee
The flight cancellation fee for Avianca Airlines flights can vary depending on the type of ticket you have purchased and also your choice of destination. If you are canceling a domestic flight ticket, the cancellation fee can range anywhere between $70 to $75. On the other hand, canceling an international flight ticket will cost you in the range of $350 to $400 per cancellation.
Compensation For Canceled Avianca Flight
In the situations listed below, Avianca Airlines will be compensating its customers for flights canceled by the airline itself.
- Avianca delayed your flight due to reasons in control of the airline (internal irregularities, technical issues, etc.)
- The airline cancels your flight due to reasons in its control.
- You can also get compensated if you choose to exchange the seat in return for compensation.
- The airline denied you boarding the flight despite being eligible for the same (applicable only in the UK, US, and Spain).
Apart from flight cancels, the airline also compensates its passengers for baggage delay and damage, and inoperative/improper inflight conditions.