Last updated on December 30th, 2022 at 10:15 am
We can miss flights due to airline negligence and we can also miss flights due to our own mistakes. Did you miss your Delta flight because you arrived late at the airport or did you miss your connecting flight because of the airline’s mistakes? Delta Airlines has very reasonable and flexible policies regarding missed flights Read on for more details on Delta Airlines’ compensation policy.
What is Delta Airlines Missed Flight Policy
Delta Airlines is specific regarding the guidelines issued for a missed flight situation. If you have missed a Delta flight, it is recommended that you go through the following Delta Airlines Missed Flight policy:
- If your Delta flight is missed due to the airline’s fault, you shall be entitled to a full refund.
- If the passenger fails to board the plane due to airport congestion or due to any other circumstances beyond their control, the airline shall issue either a full refund or travel credit.
- Travel credits issued on any missed flights must be redeemed within the next 12 months or else they expire.
- Delta shall also provide a refund if the passenger fails to reach the airport and misses the flight due to an injury or serious illness.
- If your Delta Flight is missed, you will be provided the option of getting rebooked on the next available flight.
- Rebooking shall be free of cost if your flight was missed due to Delta Airlines’ negligence.
- In order to be eligible for getting rebooked after your flight is missed, you must reach the airport within two hours of the flight’s scheduled departure.
- If the flight you missed was the last scheduled departure of the day, you will be rebooked on the first flight the next day.
- Rebooking after a missed flight is dependent on seat availability. If the alternate flight is fully booked, the airline shall put you on standby and inform you when a seat is vacant.
How Do I Claim Compensation For A Delayed Delta Flight?
Delta Airlines takes pride in not affecting your travel plans due to delays or disruptions. However, there can always be an exception. If your flight is delayed by more than three hours, you shall be eligible to claim compensation. Also, if you arrive at your destination 3 hours late and in turn miss a connecting flight, you can contact the airline’s representatives and get compensated for the same.
Passengers can claim compensation of up to $700 for Delta Airlines’ missed flight.
What to do if you missed a Delta Airlines flight?
If your flight is missed due to arriving late at the airport, it is strongly recommended that you get in touch with Delta Airlines’ help team as soon as possible. The options available to passengers for a missed flight are discussed in detail below:
If your flight isn’t already missed but you are sure you won’t reach in time at the airport, communicating the same to Delta Airlines can help you recover the ticket’s value. On the other hand, if your flight is missed without informing the airline before the scheduled departure, you shall be treated as a ‘No-Show’. Hence, the first thing to do is to speak to a Delta Airlines representative either directly at the airport or via phone call.
Get Rebooked On Another Flight
As mentioned in the Delta Airlines Missed Flight policy section, if you have missed a flight and manage to arrive at the airport within 2 hours of the flight’s scheduled departure, Delta Airlines shall help you in getting rebooked on another flight.
Request A Refund
Even though it is not always possible, if you are able to provide Delta Airlines with a valid reason for missing the flight, you might be able to get refunded. If you fail to reach the airport due to a serious illness, you can provide the supporting documents and increase your chances of getting a refund.
How To Get Rebooked If Your Delta Flight Is Missed?
There are two ways for getting rebooked when a Delta flight is missed. You can either go through the process of rebooking online or contact the airline via phone call to request rebooking. If your flight is yet to depart, you can follow these steps to book yourself on the next available flight:
- Open Delta Airlines’ official site.
- Now open the My Trips tab available in the header of the website.
- Retrieve your booking either through the Confirmation Number, Credit/Debit Card Number, or Ticket Number.
- Click on the Flight Change option.
- Choose the flight that you wish to rebook.
- Select the next available flight with seat availability.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the rebooking process.
When your rebooking is confirmed from Delta’s end, you will receive a confirmation email.
Get Rebooked For Missed Delta Flight via Call
Rebooking for missed flights can also be requested by contacting Delta Airlines through a phone call. Upon calling, you will be connected with a Delta Airlines Live Person. State your rebooking requirements and the live representative shall get you rebooked in no time. Make sure to keep your booking details handy and call through a mobile device receiving an uninterrupted connection
In the event that your flight was missed and there is a legitimate reason, you may board the next flight within two hours. In the event that no flights are scheduled to the destination on that particular date, you may receive the first flight the next day to the same destination.
Passengers who missed the outbound flight could find themselves stranded at the airport after returning home due to a tiny clause in airline terms. A little-known ‘no-show’ rule means if you do not board your outbound flight, your return ticket can be void and sold without warning.
You can ask the airline for a goodwill credit depending on the delay. If you are delayed overnight, Delta might offer you a free night of hotel accommodation and meals. Keep in mind that none of these offers are guaranteed, and you may not receive anything at all.
More Helpful Links