Last updated on October 25th, 2022 at 12:06 pm
The largest commercial flight operator to and from Hawaii, Hawaiian Airlines is also the 10th largest airline in the United States. Based in Honolulu, Hawaii, the airline can fly its customers to over 30 exciting travel destinations. The airline has always striven to make it easier for customers to get the best flight deals and have a hassle-free travel experience. Did you book a flight with Hawaiian Airlines and failed to reach the airport in time? Read further to know everything about Hawaiian Airlines Missed Flight Policy.
What To Do When Your Hawaiian Airlines Flight Is Missed?
Flights can be missed either due to our own negligence or the airline’s fault. If you miss your flight with Hawaiian Airlines, the airline will do its best to make sure it doesn’t affect your travel plans or you are issued at least a partial refund. Here’s a list of options at your disposal when your flight gets missed.
Contact Customer Support
The first thing you need to do when your flight is missed is to get in touch with the customer support team of Hawaiian Airlines. You will be provided the necessary assistance for your situation by an expert representative of the airline. They will talk you through the airline’s missed flight policy and will let you know about the various alternatives available to you.
If your flight has already departed when you reach the airport and you cannot postpone your travel, the airline will help you get rebooked on the next available flight in exchange for a flight change fee. The rebooked flight shall have the same flight route and travel class. If the next available flight has no seats available during the time of rebooking request, you will also be given the option of joining the standby list. If a seat becomes available on the flight, the airline will communicate the same to you.
Missed Flight Refund
If your flight hasn’t yet departed but you are sure you won’t be able to arrive at the airport in time, you should communicate the same to Hawaiian Airlines as soon as possible. Although it is highly unlikely that you will be able to recover the entire value of your booking, talking to the airline and getting the booking canceled prior to the scheduled departure can help you recover a partial value of the booking. Also, if the customer has a valid reason for missing their flight, they might be able to be eligible for a full refund. In such cases, supporting documents shall be required if pertinent.
Hawaiian Airlines Missed Flight Policy (No Show Policy)
Hawaiian Airlines has specific rules and regulations for a missed flight scenario. Here’s a list of the essential guidelines the airline provides for when a passenger fails to show up for their flight in time.
- If the passenger fails to cancel their booking prior to the scheduled departure of the flight, the airline treats it as a ‘No Show’.
- According to the No Show Policy, passengers won’t be getting any money back if they fail to show up for the flight without informing the airline prior to the scheduled departure.
- Passengers must be present at the airport before the Check-In closes, otherwise, they shall be treated as a No Show as well.
- If the passenger has missed their outbound flight, Hawaiian Airlines will automatically cancel any other connecting or returning flights on the booking.
- Passengers can get a refund only if a valid reason is provided for the flight being missed.
- The passenger can get rebooked on any other flights with seat availability for the same flight route and fare class as their original booking.
- When a passenger is rebooked to another flight, the airline will charge a change fee.
- Many of the Hawaiian Airlines fares can be non-changeable on the day of departure.
- If the customer has a history of missing their flights or skip-lagging, the airline can charge a fee for the same.
What is Hawaiian Airlines Delay Policy?
Did you fail to reach your destination in time because your flight was delayed? Even though Hawaiian Airlines has proven to be one of the most punctual airlines, there are always exceptions to this. In such cases, you can get compensation from the airline. Read further to know about Hawaiian Airlines’ delayed flight policy.
- Customers can claim compensation of up to €600 if their travel is affected due to the airline’s negligence.
- The airline will provide compensation for flights that are delayed by more than 3 hours.
- You will also be compensated if one of your connecting flights gets delayed resulting in you reaching the destination late by more than 3 hours.
- Passengers can get rebooked on the next available flight without paying a flight change fee if the airline is to blame for the delay or cancellation of their connecting flight.
- The airline offers customers a meal voucher if the flight is delayed by more than 4 hours.
- The passengers will also be provided a free hotel stay if their flight is delayed by more than 4 hours and goes past 10 PM.
Hawaiian Airlines Flight Change Cost
As mentioned earlier, if you miss your Hawaiian Airlines flight and wish to get rebooked on the next flight available, the airline can charge a flight change fee. This flight change fee will depend on your predominantly on your flight route. The airline can charge a fee ranging from $50 to $300 for an international flight change. The cost for a flight change within neighboring islands starts at a minimum of $30. A domestic flight change on the other hand can cost you a maximum of $200. If you have made your booking from a third-party travel agency, some additional fee shall be applicable.
What happens if you just miss your flight?
In the event that you are unable to make your flight due to a variety of reasons, the airline may label you a no-show and cancel your entire itinerary. To avoid this, call ahead to see if you can be rebooked on another flight. There is a good chance that you will have to pay a rebooking fee.
Will I get refund if I miss my flight?
Most airlines won’t conduct refunds or compensation for passengers who miss flights due to traffic. You may be offered an alternative flight later that day, but many don’t consider traffic to be a valid reason to compensate or refund passengers.
What is no-show fee?
If you do not cancel your reservation, do not show up for your flight, or do not board your flight, a no-show fee will be charged. Unless you are a group ticket holder, you may make payment online.
More Helpful Links
Leave a Reply