Last updated on October 22nd, 2022 at 11:42 am
A major carrier based in Hawaii, Hawaiian Airlines is the largest airline in the nation. Hawaiian Airlines offers non-stop flights to Hawaii from all over the world, including North America, South Pacific, and Asia. Have you booked your next flight with Hawaiian Airlines? For a greater level of comfort on your flight journey, it is recommended you select the best seats available Hawaiian Airlines Seat Selection is available through both offline and online channels. Read more about Seat Selection.
What is Hawaiian Airlines Seat Selection?
Different passengers can have different onboard requirements. Some passengers may prefer window seats or aisle seats while others may wish to reserve seats near the emergency exit. Depending on the Seat Selection policy, certain airlines offer the advance seat selection option while others have an open-seating system.
When it comes to Hawaiian Airlines, passengers can indeed select their preferred flight seat once the reservation has been made through the My Trips (Manage Booking Facility. Guidelines issued by Hawaiian Airlines regarding Seat Selection are listed-below.
How To Do Hawaiian Airlines Seat Selection?
Hawaiian Airlines passengers have the option to go through the Seat Selection process via the Manage Booking facility. The process for Seat Selection is provided below:
- Visit www.hawaiianairlines.com
- Click on the ‘My Trips’ tab.
- Enter the passenger’s Last Name and Booking Code/E-Ticket Number.
- Click on the Search button and the website will retrieve the flights that you have booked.
- Choose the flight you wish to do Seat Selection for.
- Open the Seat Map. It shows all the available seats and their Seat Selection fee.
- Choose your preferred flight seat.
- Confirm Seat Selection by making the payment.
Upon confirmation of your seat reservation, you will receive an email from the airline with your updated itinerary.
Hawaiian Airlines Seat Selection Guidelines
- Seat Selection for a Hawaiian Airlines flight can be done once the booking has been confirmed.
- The Seat Selection option is available in the Manage Booking section on the Hawaiian Airlines website.
- If your flight is departing within 24 hours, Seat Selection must be done during the Check-In process either at the airport or online (via the website or mobile app).
- Certain seats may not be available for selection as they are kept unassigned up until the departure day itself. If the selection of a particular seat is not possible now, seats from the reserve can be assigned to you at the gate area or during check-in.
- If a Hawaiian Airlines flight seat is not available for selection, this does not mean that the airline has oversold the flight.
- Seat Selection charges shall be applicable for Extra Comfort/Preferred Seats.
- If the passenger does not select a seat on their own, the airline will assign them a random seat at Check-In.
- Hawaiian Airlines recommends that you contact your travel agent for Seat Selection if the flight was not booked through the direct channels of the airline.
Does Hawaiian Airlines Have A Change Fee?
Yes, Hawaiian Airlines will be charging the passenger a Seat Selection fee ranging between $19 to $23 for Extra Confort/Preferred Seats. Other than that, the seat purchase fee varies depending on the destination you are traveling to and the seat availability. Refer to the table below for details on the selection fee:
|Neighbor Island||$5 – $49|
|North America||$9 – $399|
|International||$9 – $399|
Seat Specifications for Hawaiian Airlines flights
Average seat width shall vary depending on the aircraft you will be flying on and the chosen cabin class. Economy Class offers Standard Seats, Business Class has Recliner Seats, while First Class offers Recliner Seats and Flat Beds. Details regarding seat specifications are provided in the table below:
|Cabin Class||Seat Width||Seat Pitch|
|Economy Class||16.5 to18 inches||30 to 31 inches|
|Business Class||18.5 inches||37 inches|
|First Class||19.5 to 21 inches||39 inches, 76 inches on Airbus A330-200 (332)|
How To Get Help For Seat Selection from Hawaiian Airlines?
Seat Selection for a Hawaiian Airlines flight can also be requested by contacting the airline via a phone call. If you are experiencing any issues with online seat selection or find the online process to be a bit of a hassle, you can contact our experts at Seat Selection Helpline Number:
Need help with selecting seats for your next Hawaiian Airlines flight? Contact our experts for assistance by dialing the Seat Selection Helpline Number: (available 24/7) for assistance.
The Seat Selection helpline has negligible wait time. Once you get connected to a live person, provide your booking details, and your seat selection request shall be completed. You can also get answers regarding the Seat Selection fee and other related queries.
What To Do If You Can’t Do Seat Selection?
If you can’t select a Hawaiian Airlines flight seat, the most likely reason for the same is that the particular seat is held unassigned up until 24 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure. However, you are not able to select any of the seats, there may be some technical issues with the official website of Hawaiian Airlines. In such a scenario, your best bet is to contact the Hawaiian Airlines Help Team via call or directly at the airline’s office.
Hawaiian Airlines Seat Selection: Is Seat Selection worth it?
It is definitely worth choosing a seat if you are traveling long-distance. A few extra inches of legroom can make a huge difference on long-distance flights. Additionally, if you do not choose a seat, the airline will assign you one of the remaining seats (probably the middle one). With the Seat Selection feature, passengers can ensure they’ll get a window seat, aisle seat, or a seat near the emergency exit.
Do you get to pick seats on Hawaiian Airlines?
If you are able to select a seat at the gate of your flight, you will receive it when you check in (up to 24 hours before departure). Guests will either be able to choose a seat when checking in (up to 24 hours prior to departure) or will be assigned a seat once they reach the gate.
Is it worth paying for seat selection?
In most cases, it costs between $10 and $30 per seat per flight segment, so if you pay, it can quickly add up. No matter what airline you’re flying on, never pay for seat selection. By the way, you shouldn’t pay for baggage fees as well. Read our article about that to learn more.
Do you get free drinks on Hawaiian Airlines?
Our complimentary drinks will make your flight as enjoyable and relaxing as possible, so kick back and relax.
What is pre assigned seating?
If you pre-book your seat, regardless of the airline you’re traveling on, you’re guaranteed to get the seat of your choice. That is, unless the airline has to adapt the seat allocation as a result of safety and operational concerns.
More Helpful Links
Spirit Airlines Seat Selection
Leave a Reply