Last updated on October 14th, 2022 at 11:29 am
Our travel plans can change due to one reason or another. Maybe you had planned a vacation but your work or any other personal obligation comes in the way and now you have to cancel your plans. Or maybe one of your business trips was canceled. If you had booked a flight with Copa Airlines and are now looking to cancel it, it is important to get to know about Copa Airlines Refund Policy.
Copa Airlines is a well-regard airline and is the flag carrier of Panama. The airline is known for great value for money, customer service, pleasant onboard experience, and lenient policies. Here’s what you need to know about Copa Airlines Refund Policy and how you can request a refund.
Copa Airlines Refund Policy
There are multiple guidelines Copa Airlines provides in its refund policy. Let’s go through the essential guidelines one by one.
- Being eligible to receive a refund will depend on the type of fare purchased by the passenger.
- If the passenger has purchased a ‘Non-Refundable ticket’, they will not be receiving a refund but instead can use it for paying for purchasing a new flight ticket.
- In the situation where Copa Airlines itself cancels your flight, you will be eligible for receiving a refund for the same.
- Also, if your flight was delayed by over 4 hours, you will still be compensated and get a refund.
- Passengers will be receiving the refund via the mode of payment and currency that was chosen to make the original payment.
- If your ticket is partially used, it may or may not be eligible for a refund. This also depends on the type of fare purchased.
- On the other hand, completely used tickets are not to be refunded.
- Copa Airlines does not provide any refunds for optional services and products.
- In the situation of exceptional cases, such as the death of the passenger, resulting in the ticket not being used anymore, Copa Airlines will provide a refund.
- For such cases, you will be required to submit the necessary documents for the same.
How To Request Refund With Copa Airlines
So you have read Copa Airlines’ refund policy and have made up your mind to cancel your flight and receive a refund depending upon the ticket’s refund eligibility. By following the below-listed steps you can successfully cancel your flight ticket and request a refund.
- Visit the official website of Copa Airlines (https://www.copaair.com/) through a web browser of your preference.
- Enter your Copa Airlines account credentials and log in. The ‘Login’ option is available on the top right side of your screen.
- Passengers without a Copa Airlines account can directly visit the cancellation page and continue by entering the passenger’s name and ticket confirmation number.
- Navigate to ‘Copa Airlines Cancel Reservation’ and select the ‘Manage Reservations’ option.
- You will be directed to a new page where you can choose the ‘Copa Airlines Cancel Reservation’ option.
- Fill in the required details: First Name, Last Name, and Confirmation Number. Click on ‘Continue’.
- Now you will have to check your refund status for this booking. You can do so by going to the ‘Travel Funds’ option.
- If your booking is shown as ‘Refundable’, you can simply tick the box next to the ‘Request A Refund’ option.
- Scroll down and locate the ‘Cancel My Reservation?’ option. Simply click on the ‘Yes, Cancel’ button.
You can also request a refund via phone call. You can ask the live person if your booking is eligible for a refund or not and cancel your booking over the phone as well. You will also have the benefit of getting all your other queries answered right away if you choose to opt for a refund via phone call.
Copa Airlines Refund Status Request Form
Just the previous year, Copa Airlines had implemented the ‘Refund Status Request Form’. If a customer has any doubts, complaints, or queries related to a refund request they had made in the past, they can visit the Customer Service section on the official website of Copa Airlines and choose the complaint resolution option.
The Request Refund Status Form lets the passenger manage refunds that are not credited, refunds that are not received, lower value refunds, double chargebacks, and any other claims or requests.
Copa Airlines Refund FAQs
Q. Will I be charged any cancellation fees if I cancel my booking within 24 hours?
A.No, according to the 24 Hour Cancellation Policy of Copa Airlines, passengers will not be charged any cancellation fees whatsoever.
Q. How much is the cancellation fee for Non-Refundable Copa Airlines tickets?
A. The cancellation fees for Non-Refundable Copa Airlines tickets can range from $200 to $500 dollars depending upon various factors such as type of fare and location.
Q. How long does Copa Airlines take to process the refund?
A. For tickets paid in cash or cheque, a refund is made within 20 days after the request has been made. For tickets paid for through a credit card, you will receive the refund in one of the next two credit card statements.
Leave a Reply