Last updated on December 30th, 2022 at 10:15 am
The pandemic has affected our travel plans in the worst way possible. Not just a few but a huge number of people had to cancel their flights due to the coronavirus outbreak. When individuals canceled their flights, they got the credit they could use for future travels. Furthermore, if you chose delta airlines and canceled their booking, you must have received the delta credit. As our lives are finally back to normal, we want to explore and visit our favorite destinations.
However, some individuals do not know how to use delta credit for cancelled flight.
There is no use in having the credit if you don’t know how to use it for your travel plans. So, you must have information on using the delta credit to cancel a flight in advance. Once you have the information in detail, you will be able to complete the booking procedure in no time.
Things to know about delta credit
Before we know how to use delta credit for cancelled flight, it is essential to know some associated points. Until and unless you are unaware of these points, you won’t be able to complete the procedure of using the delta points.
Go through the information below and find some key points associated with delta credit.
- Firstly, the delta E credits expire one year after the issue’s date. Remember, do not confuse this date with the date you bought your original flight. Your one year will be counted from the date you have your delta.
- Furthermore, delta airlines have extended the expiry for E credits because of the pandemic. Its expiry date has been extended to 31st December 2023.
- Moreover, you can use the credit by visiting the airline’s official website. Then go-ahead to complete the login procedure and then use this credit.
Also check: How to Redeem Delta eCredits and Vouchers
How to use delta credit for cancelled flight? – A Step-by-Step Guide
There are two ways using which individuals can use delta credit for cancelled flight. You will find the detailed procedure when you go through the information given here.
Firstly, you can search for credit using a credit card. Remember you need to use the same card used to buy the ticket. So, go ahead and use your ticket number or the account number of your SkyMiles. Furthermore, remember you can find the ticket number in your mailbox. The airline must have sent you this when making the purchase.
- Once you open the official website of delta airlines, you need to search for “Credit,” or you can directly enter “delta.com/redeem.”
- Furthermore, click the option to “look up” and start searching for your credit. You need to enter the passenger’s last name and first name and then click on the option of “add.”
- Once you select these options, the page will reload, and you will be able to see the option of “manually entered certificates and credits.” Go ahead to click on the option of “credit’.
- Furthermore, in this step, you need to click on the option of continue. Then, a new page will open up where you can start by completing their reservation process. Remember, you will be able to use your E credit here.
- Moreover, you can select the flights you want to buy. Finally, you can review your booking by seeing the trip summary page.
- Finally, on the “review and pay page,” you can make the payment for your reservation.
- While making the payment, you will see that you can use E credit to complete your payment.
- Furthermore, you need to keep in mind that you will have to pay additional charges. Because the costs of a new flight might be more than the previous one. So, you will have to pay the amount apart from the one you have in your travel e credit.
From the first method, individuals learned how to use delta credit to cancelled flight. However, there is a second way also using which you can complete the use of delta credit. This method allows you to redeem your delta credit while making the booking. This means you do not have to do anything new instead, complete the flight reservation procedure of delta airlines.
So, once you finalize the flight you want to make the booking for, you need to use the E credit to complete the payment. So, for people who ask how to use delta credit for cancelled flight, this is yet another way for them.
For further assistance, you can speak to Delta Airlines Live Person.
- Is it possible to use the credit of delta Airlines for anyone else?
No, you are not eligible for using the delta credit for making the booking for someone else. Furthermore, you have to complete their reservation for the same passenger.
- How to use delta credit for cancelled flight via the Official website?
From the information given above, you will get to know how to use delta credit for cancelled flight. This means you need to follow the steps given above you complete using the E credit via the official website. You can redeem your credit once you follow the steps in the correct order.
- What to do if I don’t know how to use delta credit for cancelled flight?
Individuals who do not know how to use the delta credit to cancel flights can contact the travel experts via the contact number. Once you get in touch with the travel representatives, they will solve all your queries and help you use the credit for traveling.
- Where will I find credit on the official website of delta airlines?
You will be able to find any voucher or credit on account of your delta airlines. Open the official website and look for the “certificates, vouchers, and credits” option. You will find all your credit and other vouchers under this option.
This detailed guide was how individuals could use delta credit for the cancelled flight. Furthermore, individuals will learn about two ways through the information given above. So, they can choose the method that suits their situation. So, people who want to know how to use delta credit for cancelled flight will get their answers from the detailed information given above.