Last updated on December 31st, 2022 at 09:48 am
It is easy to change your reservation with JetBlue Airways if your travel needs change. You may have to change the flight date or destination depending on the nature of the change in plans. JetBlue offers passengers an array of options when it comes to changing their reservations, either online or offline. You will need to read the JetBlue Change Flight Policy before making any changes to your reservation. Read on for more information.
JetBlue Change Flight – Step by Step Guide
- Visit www.jetblue.com.
- Click on Manage Trips.
- Enter your booking details to access Manage Booking.
- Choose the flight you wish to change the date or destination for.
- Select the Flight Change Option.
- Choose a flight that best suits your travel needs.
- Pay the fare difference to confirm the flight change. You’ll receive a confirmation Email from JetBlue once done. If you face any difficulty doing it yoursel, then you can dial +1-888-906-1815 for help.
What is JetBlue Flight Change Guideline
The JetBlue Airways’ Flight Change Policy has listed the following guidelines:
- Blue, Blue Plus, Blue Extra, and JetBlue Mint passengers can change their fight free of cost.
- JetBlue Airways charges a flight change fee for Blue Basic passengers.
- Fare difference (if any) must be paid if you change the flight date.
- Extra charges shall be applicable for flight changes requested via phone call. More information on flight change fees can be found further down this webpage).
- If you change the flight on the scheduled departure day, you can opt for a Same-Day Flight Change.
- Flight change confirmation is subject to seat availability.
- You must request the flight change before your flight departs.
- If the flight is not booked directly with Jetblue, contact the third-party service for flight date or destination changes.
Information Required To Change Flight
The following booking details shall be required when a flight change is requested:
- Ticket confirmation number
- Passenger information (name, date of birth, contact details, etc.)
- Flight number
- Date of flight
If you are changing your flight over the phone, the live assistant will ask for your preferred travel date(s) and destination.
How Do I Change My Flight Date On Jetblue?
JetBlue Airways does offer passengers to change their flight date regardless of the fare type they are carrying. If your flight has been rescheduled involuntarily, you can still request another voluntary change in flight date to suit your plans.
Does JetBlue allow Destination Change for a Flight?
If you wish to travel to another destination than the original booking, you can opt for a destination change. A destination change has the same rules as that of a date change. Both departure and arrival airports are allowed to be changed.
Fare difference must be paid if destination change results in a costlier booking. If the new booking is cheaper, the difference will be re-issued to the passenger as travel credit.
Note: JetBlue Airways’ travel credits expire after 12 months from the date of issuance.
Does Jetblue Charge You To Change Flights?
Details on JetBlue flight change fee are listed below:
- If you change your flight up to 1 day before the departure date, there will be no charges when holding a Blue, Blue Plus, JetBlue Blue Extra, or Mint ticket.
- To avoid the flight change fee on the above-stated fares, you must change your flight at least 1 day prior to the scheduled departure.
- Blue Basic ticket holders will be charged a flight change fee.
- For U.S., Caribbean, Mexico, or Central America routes, changing a Blue Basic booking will cost $100.
- For all the other routes, JetBlue charges a $200 fee on flight changes from Blue Basic ticket holders.
- If you request a flight change via phone call, you will be charged a $25 additional fee regardless of the fare type purchased. This fee is non-refundable.
Does JetBlue Airways offer Same-Day Flight Change & Standby options?
Passengers who arrive early at the airport can get a chance to fly on an earlier flight. This can be done with the Same-Day Flight Change & Standby option. Read the following guidelines to change the JetBlue flight on the depart
- Fare difference is not required to be paid when making a same-day flight change.
- The same-day switch can only be done on the day of travel. The option will be available beginning at midnight.
- JetBlue offers same-day flight change only in cities where multiple flights are operated daily.
- All fare types offered by JetBlue are eligible for a same-day switch.
- Passengers can switch to both earlier and later flights.
- Trueblue Redemption reservations also qualify for the same-day flight change.
What is the JetBlue Standby option?
If the passenger requests a same-day flight change and there is no seat vacant, they shall be put on Standby. The Standby travel is not confirmed. Once a seat is available, JetBlue will confirm your booking. JetBlue charges $75 for the Standby option. The fee can vary depending on your fare type.
The standby option is free for passengers carrying a Blue Extra ticket.
Same-Day Flight Change Fee
If your same-day flight change is confirmed, JetBlue can charge a $75 fee.
Mosiac customers are not charged a same-day flight change fee.
Passengers carrying a refundable ticket also don’t have to pay any same-day switch fee.
Is it better to Change or Cancel my JetBlue Airways Flight?
There is no difference in the fee structure for flight change and flight cancellation. Hence, there is no benefit to canceling and rebooking a flight instead of simply changing the existing booking. Passengers can opt for the flight change or cancellation option at their convenience.
What to do if JetBlue Airways changed your flight?
Has JetBlue Airways changed your flight? In the case of an involuntary flight change, you can get rebooked on another flight if the flight change has affected your travel. If the change results in a significant delay, simply cancel the booking and ask for a refund.
How can I Change my JetBlue Flight Date or Destination?
Flight change can be done via the Manage Booking service or Flight Change Helpline Number. Flight change requested online has zero additional charges. The online process for flight change is provided below:
How to get help for changing a JetBlue Airways flight?
Are you having trouble changing your flight date or destination? Request flight change free of cost by speaking to our booking experts. Call us now at the Flight Change Helpline Number. (available 24/7). Our specialists shall require your booking details (booking code, passenger’s name, etc.) to complete the flight change request. You can also call us for any other booking change-related requests and queries.
Do you have to pay to change your flight on JetBlue?
We have no change or cancellation fees on most of our fares, except for Blue Basic fares, for which there is a change or cancellation fee of $100 per person for transits in North America, the Caribbean, and Central America, and $200 per person for all other routes.
Can I change a flight I already booked?
There is no charge to change or cancel your flight, however the airline you booked with and the fare class of your ticket may charge you a fee to do so.
Does JetBlue refund if price drops?
JetBlue airways has always the lowest fares. If you find lower JetBlue fares elsewhere on the same day of purchase, we’ll refund the difference in fare plus a $50 credit.
What happens if you miss a connecting flight because of a delay?
If you miss your connection due to a delay, the airline is normally responsible for booking you on the earliest flight available to your destination.
People Also Likes To Read
American Airlines Change Flight
Hawaiian Airlines Change Flight
Leave a Reply