Last updated on October 14th, 2022 at 12:56 pm
Latam Airlines Group is one of the largest airline groups in the world when it comes to network connections. The airline operates passenger flights to more than 130 destinations across 24 countries. If you have booked a flight with Latam Airlines, it is recommended that you select a flight seat in accordance with your preference to enhance your travel experience and comfort. Not sure how to do seat selection? Here’s everything you need to know about Latam Airlines Seat Selection process and guidelines.
Need assistance with seat selection? Choose your ideal flight seat without additional charges! Contact our booking experts at Seat Selection Helpline Number: +1-888-365-2014 (available 24/7).
Latam Airlines Seat Selection Guidelines
Every major airline has different guidelines when it comes to seat selection. Certain airlines such as Southwest outright prohibit seat selection in advance and have an open-seating policy. Below are the guidelines issued by Latam Airlines regarding Seat Selection:
- Latam Airlines’ passengers are given the option to purchase seats in advance.
- The Seat Selection fee shall vary depending on your flight route (international or domestic) and the seat type you are purchasing.
- When traveling on a flight operated by Latam Airlines, you can opt to purchase either Space+ or Forward+ seats.
- It is essential to note that Seat Selection is not guaranteed. Latam Airlines can change your assigned seat due to operational or safety reasons.
- Latam Airlines’ Elite Members can fly on Latam + seats free of charge depending on their membership status.
- Elite Members can also do seat selection in advance free of cost.
- Seat Selection is dependent on seat availability. It is recommended that you do seat selection well in advance to avoid the risk of the best seats getting already booked by other flyers.
- Passengers must purchase a seat till check-in begins otherwise Latam Airlines shall assign you a random seat.
- You can either do seat selection online by visiting the airline’s website or contact a representative of the airline via call and request seat selection.
Note: If your flight wasn’t booked through the direct channels of Latam Airlines, you must request seat selection directly through the third-party service.
Seat Selection Fee
As mentioned in the previous section, the Seat Selection fee can differ depending on your choice of seat and the flight route. The Seat Selection fee for Space+ seats is more than that of Froward+. Also, Seat Selection for an international flight shall cost you more than for a domestic flight. Refer to the below for Seat Selection Fee details:
|Seat Type||Fee For Domestic Flights||Fee For International Flights|
|Space+||$4 to $19||$19 to $140|
|Forward+||$3 to $10||$10 to $29|
If you are a Platinum, Black, or Black Signature member, you can get Latam+ seats free of cost. Gold, Gold Plus, Platinum, Black, or Black Signature members can do seat selection without paying a seat selection fee.
Latam Airlines Seat Specifications
When flying on a Latam Airlines aircraft, you can opt for either the Economy Seats, Premium Seats, or Business Seats. The seat specifications (seat width and seat pitch) will differ for each cabin class and the aircraft you are flying on. For details on Seat Specifications, refer to the table below:
|Cabin Class||Seat Width||Seat Pitch|
|Economy Class||17 to 18 inches||29 to 24 inches|
|Premium Economy||17 to 18 inches||31 to 35 inches|
|Business Class||20 to 24 inches||34 to 75 niches|
Both Economy and Premium Economy Classes offer Standard Seats. On the other hand, Business Class offers Standard, Flat Beds, and Open Suite Seats.
How To Select My Latam Airlines Flight Seat?
To make a seat selection for Latam Airlines flights, you must either talk to a live airline representative or visit Latam Airlines Manage Booking. From our experience, requesting Seat Selection via a phone call is always the better option as you can also get instant answers to any queries you might be having regarding seat selection guidelines or fees.
Seat Selection Request via Phone Call
Please select your preferred flight seat by contacting our booking specialists! Simply dial the Seat Selection Helpline Number: +1-888-365-2014 (available 24/7). The Seat Selection Helpline has a negligible hold period and you shall soon be connected to a live representative. The live person shall then communicate to you the seats that are available for grabs. Select the seat that best suits your needs and comfort requirements and your request shall be completed soon after.
Online Seat Selection
You can also do Seat Selection from the comfort of your home or office by following the below-listed steps:
- Visit the Latam Airlines website on your web browser.
- Select the My Trips option.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the Manage My Trips option.
- Retrieve your already booked flight by entering your email credentials or booking code and the passenger’s last name.
- Click on the Search button to find your flight.
- Once you have entered the Manage Booking portal, navigate to the Latam Airlines Seat Selection option.
- From the Latam Seat Map, select your preferred seat.
- Make the payment to confirm seat selection.
Once the Seat Selection process is successful, Latam Airlines shall send you a confirmation email soon. You can change your seat again (depending on the seat availability) through the Manage Booking portal.
Q. Till when can I do Latam Airlines Seat Selection?
A. You can select your Latam Airlines flight seat up to 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
Q. What happens if I skip Seat Selection?
A. If you skip Seat Selection, Latam Airlines shall automatically assign you a seat from the remaining seats.
Q. Is it worth it to do Latam Airlines Seat Selection?
A. Seat Selection is recommended when you are traveling on a long-haul flight as flying on a better seat can often improve the comfort level of a flight journey.