Last updated on October 14th, 2022 at 11:15 am
Lufthansa, the second-largest airline in Europe (combined with its subsidiaries) carries nearly 50 million passengers on average annually. The airline covers destinations across 74 countries. Are you booking your next vacation or business trip with Lufthansa Airlines? If yes, we recommend you reserve yourself Lufthansa Refundable Tickets for added booking flexibility. Read further to know about the Lufthansa Refundable Tickets guidelines.
Get exclusive discounts on Lufthansa’s Refundable Tickets! Speak to our reservation specialists by calling the Low Fare Deals Helpline Number: +1-888-906-1815 (available 24/7).
About Lufthansa Refundable Tickets
Due to our fast-paced lifestyle, travel plans can always change and even get canceled. Lufthansa Airlines understands this; which is why the airline has taken steps in making it easier for passengers to get full refunds upon cancellation of flight bookings. If you are planning on booking your next flight and are not entirely sure about making the trip, it is recommended that you get yourself Lufthansa’s fully refundable fares.
The Lufthansa Refundable Tickets, as the name suggests, are tickets that are eligible for a full refund on cancellation. Non-refundable tickets, on the other hand, are only eligible for a partial refund and at times no refund at all.
Note: Even if you are carrying a fully refundable ticket, Lufthansa shall deduct a service fee when a refund is requested by the passenger.
Lufthansa Refundable Tickets Policy
Before you book your next Lufthansa Refundable Ticket, be sure to know about the airline’s refundable ticket policy. Below we provide the guidelines issued by Lufthansa Airlines for its fully refundable fares:
- Both Lufthansa Refundable Tickets and Non-Refundable Tickets are eligible for a full refund when the cancellation is done within 24 hours of ticket purchase.
- Your Lufthansa flight ticket must be purchased at least seven days prior to the scheduled departure in order to be eligible for the 24-hour refund policy.
- Refundable Tickets are eligible for a full refund after 24 hours of ticket purchase, however, the airline shall charge customers a service fee to process the refund.
- Passengers can cancel a Lufthansa Refundable Ticket up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure and get fully refunded.
- Lufthansa also does not charge any change fee for Refundable Tickets.
- If your flight is canceled by Lufthansa itself, you shall receive a full refund regardless of the ticket type purchased (refundable or non-refundable).
- If your flight is delayed by more than 2 hours 1 day before the departure due to an irregularity, Lufthansa shall issue a full refund.
- Lufthansa also issues a full refund on flight delays of more than 5 hours on the departure day itself.
Note: If Lufthansa has canceled your flight, you are required to fill out the Refund Request Form available on the airline’s website.
Related: Lufthansa Rebooking Policy
How Much Do Lufthansa Refundable Tickets Cost?
As mentioned earlier, Lufthansa Refundable Tickets give passengers the option of scoring a full refund upon cancellations. This luxury, however, comes at an additional cost. Refundable Tickets tend to be more expensive than Non-Refundable Tickets. On average Refundable Tickets offered by any airline are 2 to 4 times more expensive than Non-Refundable tickets.
Is it worth paying extra for Refundable Tickets? If your travel plans are remotely uncertain, you can benefit from booking a Refundable Ticket instead of the standard tickets offered by Lufthansa Airlines. Refundable Tickets not only offer a full refund on cancellation but also allow you to make changes to the reservation without paying a flight change fee.
Cancellation Fee for Lufthansa Refundable Tickets
If you are canceling Lufthansa Refundable Tickets, the airline will not charge any cancellation fee. But this does not mean you will not be facing any deductions in the ticket’s full value. In order to process your refund, Lufthansa shall deduct the service charges. The service fee can go up to $20.
The cancellation fee for standard Lufthansa flight tickets can range anywhere between $100 to $500 if the cancellation is made after the 24-hour risk-free period. The cancellation fee varies depending on the destination you are flying to and the fare type purchased.
How You Can Book Lufthansa Refundable Tickets?
Lufthansa Refundable Tickets can be booked both online and offline. If you choose to go the online route, you will be required to visit Lufthansa’s website. Offline ways to get Lufthansa Refundable Tickets are contacting the airline via reservations number or booking directly at the airport.
To book Refundable Tickets online, follow the process given below:
- Open the Lufthansa Airlines official site.
- On the homepage of the website, click on the Flights tab.
- Select the departure airport and destination airport.
- Choose the trip type from one way or round trip. You can also opt for the ‘Multi-City Flights’ option.
- Select your travel date(s).
- Enter the number of passengers.
- Now choose your travel class (Economy, Premium Economy, Business, or First).
- Search for the available flights and choose the Refundable Tickets option, If you don’t see the Refundable Tickets option, call our Helpline Number: +1-888-906-1815 (available 24/7).
- Follow the on-screen instructions and make the booking payment.
You shall soon receive the booking confirmation email sent by Lufthansa Airlines. To make further changes to your booking, you can visit the Lufthansa Manage Booking facility.
Lufthansa Refundable Tickets Phone Number
For instant bookings of Refundable Tickets, customers can call the Lufthansa reservations number. To avoid long wait times, it is recommended that you call during the early hours. Once you are connected with Lufthansa Airlines Live Person, you can communicate your booking requirements and your request shall be completed soon.
For further assistance, talk to our booking experts at Refundable Tickets Helpline Number: +1-888-906-1815 (available 24/7).
Also check: How To Upgrade Lufthansa Flight?
Q. How long does Lufthansa take to process a Refund?
A. Refunds for Lufthansa Refundable Tickets are processed within 7 days for credit card payments and 20 days for payments made in cash or cheque.
Q. How much does it cost to change a flight on Lufthansa?
A. Lufthansa Airlines charges a $200 fee for changing a domestic flight and a $750 fee for changing an international flight. Lufthansa’s Refundable Tickets are eligible for a flight change for free.
Q. Can I get a refund for Lufthansa Economy Flex tickets?
A. Yes, Lufthansa Economy Flex tickets are eligible for a refund.
Leave a Reply