Last updated on December 30th, 2022 at 05:33 am
There is no airline better than Southwest when it comes to offering low-cost flight deals without compromising on the onboard services. Southwest’s unmatched and affordable services have made it one of the top three airlines operating in the USA in 2022. Another area where Southwest excels in comparison to other prominent airlines is its lenient and customer-friendly flight change policy. Are you looking to reschedule your next Southwest flight? Or has Southwest itself rescheduled your flight? You can conveniently modify your reservation to suit your travel requirements. Read further for details on Southwest Reschedule Flight policy and what happens if Southwest itself reschedules your flight.
Avoid flight change fees and get your Southwest flight rescheduled instantly. Talk to our booking modification specialists at the Reschedule Flight Helpline Number: +1-888-365-2014.
Southwest Reschedule Flight Policy
One of the biggest selling points of Southwest Airlines is its ‘Zero Change Fee’ policy. Before you initiate the Southwest Reschedule Flight process, go through the following guidelines issued by the airline regarding flight changes.
- All Southwest fare types are eligible for a flight rescheduling request up to 10 minutes before the flight is scheduled to depart.
- If you reschedule your Southwest flight before 10 minutes of the scheduled departure, Southwest will not charge any flight rescheduling fee.
- When you reschedule a Southwest flight to a different date and time, you are also eligible for requesting a destination change.
- Once you reschedule a flight, if your new flight costs less than the original reservation, you will be paid back the fare difference either in cash or as flight credit.
- Southwest’s flight credit expires after 12 months (from the original booking date).
- There is no limit to the number of times you can reschedule your Southwest flight.
- In the scenario of an involuntary flight change, Southwest shall let you get rescheduled on a flight departing within the next 14 days since the originally booked flight’s departure date.
- If there are no seats vacant on the flight you wish to get rescheduled on, you have the option of opting for Southwest’s Standby option.
- Southwest flights that were booked using points can only be rescheduled using points.
Note: Southwest flights booked through a travel agency/agent are recommended to be rescheduled via the third-party services and not with Southwest directly.
Related: Southwest Date Change
What to do if Southwest Rescheduled your flight?
Even though Southwest rarely changes a passenger’s flights, there are still certain exceptional circumstances when the airline might reschedule you on another flight in the same cabin class and to the same destination. This can happen due to technical problems with an aircraft or unfavorable weather conditions. If you have been automatically rescheduled to another flight, there are two options available at your disposal. You can either request a full refund or reschedule your flight again to a much more suitable travel date/time. If you request Southwest for a refund on a rescheduled flight, the refunded amount can take a maximum of 20 business days to show up in your account.
For further assistance, talk to our booking change specialists. Call us at +1-888-365-2014.
Southwest Reschedule Fee
As mentioned in the ‘Southwest Reschedule Flight Policy’ section, Southwest charges absolutely no fee for getting a flight rescheduled. This zero-fee rule is applicable only if you are requesting to reschedule your Southwest flight up to 10 minutes before the flight is scheduled to depart.
Once a passenger reschedules their Southwest flight, they are only required to pay the fare difference (if any). If you fail to reschedule your flight 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure and fail to reach the airport, Southwest can treat you as a ‘No-Show’.
Related: Southwest Change Flight Date Fee
How To Reschedule Southwest Flight?
In order to reschedule your flight, you can either make a flight reschedule request by calling the airline’s reservations number or make the flight change online through Manage Booking. The third and less popular option is to reschedule your flight directly at the airport. Read further for details on online and offline processes of Southwest Reschedule Flight.
Southwest Reschedule Flight Online Process
- Visit Southwest Airlines’ official site.
- To reschedule your Southwest flight, first, select the Change/Cancel option.
- Fill in your booking confirmation number and passenger’s full name in the respective fields.
- Select the ‘Change Flight’ option available next to these fields.
- Now, to retrieve your booking, click on the ‘Search’ button.
- Choose the Southwest flight you wish to get rescheduled on.
- Complete the process by following the on-screen instructions
- Pay the fare difference (if any).
Reschedule Flight via Phone Number
Southwest Airlines has a proactive customer help team. If you don’t wish to reschedule your Southwest flight or are facing issues with the Southwest website, you can speak with a live representative by calling the airline. The live person shall ask you for your booking details and depending on your eligibility, they shall complete your flight rescheduling request. Southwest recommends you call the airline as early in the day as possible to avoid unnecessarily long wait periods. Once your Southwest flight is successfully rescheduled, you should receive an email containing the updated booking details.
To reschedule your flight for free, speak to an air travel specialist at Reschedule Flight Helpline Number: +1-888-365-2014.
Reschedule Wanna Get Away Flight
Even though Southwest’s Wanna Get Away is the cheapest fare type being offered by the airline, it still has the exact same customer-friendly Flight Rescheduling Policy. If you are carrying a Wanna Get Away ticket, you can reschedule the flight without paying any fee up to 10 minutes before your flight leaves the airport.
Note: If you request to reschedule a Southwest Wanna Get Away flight, the cabin class shall remain unchanged. If you wish to travel in another travel class when rescheduling a flight, you must contact Southwest’s Help Team for assistance.
Can I Reschedule Southwest Flight After Check-In
Certain airlines have a Flight Change Policy that prohibits passengers from getting their flight rescheduled on the departure day itself or when the check-in process is initiated. Fortunately, that is not the case with Southwest Airlines. Southwest does allow its customers to reschedule flights after Check-In as well without additional charges.