Last updated on December 30th, 2022 at 10:17 am
Ultra-Low-Cost airlines tend to have much stricter rules and regulations when it comes to their various policies. Despite offering the lowest airfares possible, Spirit Airlines prioritizes its customer’s interests and offers booking flexibility. If you have missed your flight, the airline will help you get rebooked on the next flight available without having to go through much hassle. Read further for details on Spirit Missed Flight Policy.
For assistance with any missed flights, talk to experts at Missed Flight Helpline Number: +1-888-365-2014 (available 24/7).
Spirit Missed Flight Policy
In case you miss your Spirit flight, make sure you are familiar with the following guidelines provided under the Spirit Missed Flight Policy.
- Passengers who have missed their Spirit flight but provide a valid reason for the same shall be rebooked on the next flight available.
- In order to get rebooked on the next flight available, you must visit the airport within 2 hours of the missed flight’s scheduled departure time.
- The airline can charge a $200 fee for getting a passenger rebooked on another flight.
- If you fail to reach the airport within 2 hours of the scheduled departure, the airline will forfeit the ticket value and you won’t be eligible for any refund.
- If there are no seats available on the flight you wish to get rebooked on, Spirit Airlines will put you on a StandBy list.
- When a flight is missed, you will only be rebooked on another flight that has the same destination and in the same cabin class as the original booking.
- Refunds for missed Spirit flights are only issues in exceptional circumstances such as the death of a family member, serious illness, etc. Submitting any relevant documents can increase your chances of getting a refund.
Note: If your Spirit flight is missed due to the airline’s fault itself, you shall be automatically rebooked on the next available flight and can also ask the airline for compensation.
Also read: Spirit Refund Policy
What happens if I missed a connecting Spirit flight?
If your connecting flight was missed due to the airline’s fault, you will be eligible for a refund and additional compensation. The airline shall give also give you the option of traveling on an alternate flight. If the flight was missed due to your own fault, you must get in touch with the Spirit Airlines help desk as soon as possible. Keep in mind that in such cases, there is no guarantee of getting rebooked on another flight as seats are not always going to be available.
If your connecting Spirit flight is missed due to the airline’s negligence and there is a significant delay in the availability of the next flight, Spirit Airlines will provide the passenger hotel accommodation and meal vouchers.
How to get rebooked when you miss a Spirit flight?
If the passenger has missed their Spirit Airlines flight and arrives at the airport within 2 hours of the scheduled departure, they can contact the airport staff and request rebooking of the flight. Alternatively, you can also rebook yourself online by visiting the Spirit Airlines official website.
If your flight hasn’t already departed but you are sure you won’t be able to reach the airport in time, you can get your flight changed by following these steps:
- Open your web browser and visit the Spirit Airlines official website.
- Now click on the My Trips tab available in the header of the website.
- Under the Find My Trip section, enter the passenger’s Last Name and Booking Confirmation Code.
- Click on the Continue button to retrieve your booking.
- You will be shown your flight booking with multiple flight change options available.
- If eligible, get your flight rescheduled using the ‘Change Flight’ option.
- Confirm the flight change and pay any additional charges.
Once the flight rebooking/rescheduling has been confirmed from the airline’s end, you will be emailed the confirmation along with updated booking details.
Rebook missed Spirit flight via phone call
Passengers who have missed their Spirit flight also have the option of getting rebooked on another flight by contacting the airline via a phone call. It is recommended that you get in touch with the airline’s representatives as soon as possible otherwise the airline will treat you as a ‘No Show’ and the airline shall forfeit the value of the ticket. Upon calling Spirit Airlines, you will be connected to a live person who will state your options and communicate about the availability of an alternate flight.
Have you missed your Spirit Airlines flight as well and are not sure what the next step is? For assistance, talk to our air travel specialists by calling the Missed Flight Helpline Number: +1-888-365-2014 (available 24/7).
Spirit Missed Flight Compensation
If your connecting flight is missed due to a delay of more than 3 hours for the initial flight, you will eligible to claim compensation. Spirit missed flight compensation can go up to $700. The airline also provides compensation if a flight is canceled within 14 days of its scheduled departure.
If your flight is delayed or disrupted due to exceptional circumstances that are not in the control of the airline, you won’t be eligible for any compensation. These exceptional circumstances include unfavorable weather conditions, airport staff strikes, medical emergencies, and so on.
Also check: Spirit Bag Claim
Q. What happens if I No Show a Spirit Airlines flight?
A. Spirit Airlines forfeits the value of the passenger’s ticket if they ‘No Show’ for a flight.
Q. Can I get rebooked if I missed a Spirit Airlines flight?
A. In order to be eligible for getting rebooked, you must reach the airport within 2 hours of the scheduled flight departure.
Q. How much do you pay if you miss your Spirit Airlines flight?
A. There is no fee charged when you miss a flight. However, if you wish to get rebooked for a flight you missed, the airline shall charge a $200 fee.