Last updated on October 21st, 2022 at 10:15 am
Among the travel classes offered by Turkish Airlines are Economy Class and Business Class. You can choose from these two options if you already booked your flight for Economy Class. If you want to upgrade to Business Class, you can do so via Turkish Airlines’ online and offline channels. Check out the Turkish Airlines Upgrade Flight Policy for more information.
About Turkish Airlines Business Class
Definitely worth upgrading to Turkish Airlines Business Class if you are traveling on a long-haul flight. It can make a big difference and enhance your trip. However, if you upgrade in cash rather than miles, Business Class could cost you a lot. Details on Business Class features are below.
Business Class Features
From more comfortable flight seats to unmatched inflight entertainment services, Turkish Airlines Business Class offers the following benefits:
- Seat Features
- Lie Flat Seats (193 cm long)
- 66 cm Bed Width
- Adjustable Armrests
- Universal Power Outlet
- USB Charging Units
- 18 Inch Inflight Entertainment Screen with adjustable angle
- Award-Winning Dining Facility
- Priority Boarding
- Extra Baggage Allowance
- Access To Turkish Airlines Business Lounge
- Earn More Miles
How Much Does It Cost To Upgrade To Turkish Airlines Business Class
If you are upgrading your Turkish Airlines Economy Class ticket to Business Class using Miles, you will be requiring a minimum of 25,000 points to score a flight upgrade. If you have booked a flexible ticket, the number of points required to upgrade is 15,000. On the other hand, if you choose to upgrade by paying in cash, Turkish Airlines shall charge you on average $350. This Business Class upgrade fee can vary depending on the destination you are flying to and how early you make the upgrade request.
If you lack the number of Miles required to upgrade a flight to Business Class, you also have the option of purchasing Miles&Smiles Miles. For every 1,000 Miles purchased, the airline shall charge $30 (including VAT). You can purchase a minimum of 1,000 and a maximum of 50,000 Miles per transaction.
How To Upgrade To Turkish Airlines Business Class Online?
If you wish to upgrade to Turkish Airlines Business Class, the best methods are calling the airline’s Upgrade Flight Helpline Number (available 24/7) or visiting the airline’s online Manage Booking Facility. If your flight isn’t already booked, you can make your reservation directly for Turkish Airlines Business Class instead of having to go through a flight upgrade process.
To Upgrade an already existing Turkish Airlines booking to Business Class, follow the online process given below:
- Open the Turkish Airlines official website.
- Click on the ‘Check-In/Manage Booking’ tab.
- Fill in your Reservation Code (PNR) and the passenger’s name.
- Click on the arrow button next to these fields and the website shall retrieve your flight booking.
- Select the Economy Class flight you wish to upgrade.
- If the fare you have purchased is eligible for an upgrade, you will see the Flight Upgrade option.
- Choose from the Upgrade with Miles or Cash Payment Flight Upgrade Options.
- Follow the instructions shown and confirm the flight upgrade.
Once your upgrade to Turkish Airlines Business Class is successful, the airline shall send you an email containing the freshly updated booking details. To make further modifications to your booking, you can access your reservation again through the Manage Booking portal.
Upgrade Flight Via Phone Call
Need help with getting your Turkish Airlines flight upgraded to Business Class? You can get in touch with Turkish Airlines’ Help Team via a phone call. When your call gets connected, you will be able to speak to a live representative who shall complete your flight upgrade request. You will be required to provide your booking information among other passenger details. You can also get information on the latest discounts being offered on Business Class upgrades.
Turkish Airlines Upgrade Flight Policy
Before you upgrade your Turkish Airlines flight to Business Class, going through the flight upgrade guidelines is recommended. Key points to take note of are as follows:
- Turkish Airlines offers its passengers a Last-Minute Upgrade option at check-in. If there is a seat available in Business Class and you have enough Miles in your account, Turkish Airlines shall upgrade your flight.
- Passengers won’t be earning additional Miles once they have upgraded their Turkish Airlines flight to Business Class.
- Last-Minutes Upgrades are solely offered at the check-in counter.
- The business Class Seat Selection Fee is strictly non-refundable.
- Turkish Airlines flight upgrade fee is also non-refundable. However, if you have scored the flight upgrade using Miles, the Miles shall be refunded back to your account for a fee.
- Turkish Airlines shall prioritize its frequent passengers when offering an upgrade to Business Class.
- You can upgrade your Turkish Airlines flight either by visiting the airline’s website, calling their number, or contacting a booking specialist at the sales office.
- Passengers are eligible for requesting an upgrade to Business Class from the point of booking their flight up until check-in closes.
Note: Flights that were not booked directly with Turkish Airlines must be upgraded by contacting the third-party travel agency.
Yes, passengers are eligible to upgrade to Turkish Airlines Business Class up until Check-In closes.
Turkish Airlines does offer free upgrades, however, you must request the free upgrade as early as possible.
Yes, if you wish to save a handsome you are recommended to book an Economy Class ticket first and then upgrade to Business Class.
For long-haul and transatlantic flights, Turkish Airlines’ business class seats are an excellent option since they provide lie-flat seats, plenty of legroom, a personal chef service, and additional comforts such as Wi-Fi and noise-cancelling headphones.
According to my understanding, the lounge is accessible after 5 am but there is no food service outside of these hours.
In Turkish Airlines’ Comfort Class, you get the best of both worlds, which is a halfway house between economy and business class that many long-haul airlines offer
More Helpful Guide
Philippine Airlines Business Class
Leave a Reply