Last updated on December 30th, 2022 at 07:24 am
United Airlines makes sure that it is convenient for its customers to make changes to their reservations. The airline offers unmatched flexibility for its bookings. Are you looking to change the date for an already existing flight booking? Here’s everything you need to know about United Airlines Date Change.
Avoid additional charges on date changes! Contact the Date Change Helpline Number: +1-888-906-1815 (available 24/7).
United Airlines Date Change Policy
United Airlines is well-regarded by its frequent flyers for its customer-friendly policies. The guidelines provided under the United Airlines Date Change policy are listed below:
- If you are changing your flight date within 24 hours of ticket purchase, the airline shall not charge you any fee for the same.
- In order to be eligible for the above-stated 24-Hour Date Change policy, you are required to have booked your flight at least 7 days prior to the scheduled departure.
- If you have purchased an Award Ticket, date change shall be free of cost if requested 30 days prior to the scheduled departure.
- Basic Economy tickets shall not be eligible for date changes even within the initial 24 hours after the ticket purchase. However, you can cancel the booking and get a full refund within the 24-hour risk-free window.
- Date changes are also free of cost for refundable tickets.
- If your new booking is costlier than the original booking, the airline shall ask you to pay the fare difference.
- If your United Airlines flight has been booked through a third-party agency, you must request the date change directly through them.
- If your flight’s date has been changed by the airline itself, you will receive an email or phone call communicating any significant schedule changes.
- In case the airline has rescheduled your flight to a different date and the change doesn’t suit your travel plans, you can look for other available flight options.
Note: The date change policy can vary depending on the fare type you have purchased and the destination you are traveling to. For further details, contact our travel specialists (+1-888-906-1815).
Also check: United Missed Flight Policy
How To Change Flight Date Online?
If the fare type you have purchased is eligible for a date change, you can go through the date change process online. To do this, you will be required to have your booking details. To do United Airlines date change online, follow these steps:
- Visit United Airlines Official Site via your preferred web browser.
- On the homepage of the website, click on My Trips.
- Enter your booking confirmation number and the passenger’s last name in the respective fields.
- Click on the Search button.
- Once your flight booking has been successfully retrieved, you will be shown various flight change options.
- Select the Flight Date Change option.
- Enter your desired travel date and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the date change.
- Pay the date change fee (if any) via a payment method of your choice.
If you have followed the above-listed steps correctly, United Airlines will send you an email confirming the date change. You can make an unlimited number of date changes through the United Airlines Manage Booking portal.
Also check: United Airlines Change Name On Ticket
United Airlines Date Change Phone Number
Date changes can also be requested via a phone call. Calling the airline for a date change eliminates the hassle of going through the date change process online. Before you make the call, make sure your mobile device is receiving an interrupted signal. Once the phone call has been successfully connected, communicate your date change requirements to the United Airlines Live Person. You can also ask the live agent questions regarding the date change fee.
Avoid long wait times and get the United Airlines Date Change instantly. Contact our air travel specialists by calling the Date Change Helpline Number: +1-888-906-1815 (available 24/7).
United Airlines Date Change Fee
United Airlines has only recently got rid of date change fees for its bookings. Most of the Economy and Premium Economy fares have zero date change fee for flights being operated within the U.S., or between the U.S. and Mexico or the Caribbean. Date change shall also be free of cost for international flights originating from within the United States.
On the other hand, if you are canceling your flight booking altogether, the airline will charge you a cancellation fee. The cancellation fee for domestic flights is $49.50 and $99.00 for one-way and round trips respectively. Canceling an international United Airlines flight can cost you anywhere between $99.50 to $199 depending on your trip type.
United Airlines Same-Day Flight Change Guidelines
Passengers who wish to board an earlier or later flight on the departure day itself must read the following Same-Day Flight Change guidelines issued by United Airlines.
- Same-Day Flight Change can be requested starting from 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- Basic Economy fares offered by United Airlines are not eligible for Same-Day Flight Change.
- Group Reservations are also not eligible for a Same-Day Flight Change.
- Origin and Destination Airports and your travel class shall remain unchanged.
- United Airlines does allow passengers to either add or remove any connecting flights when requesting a Same-Day Flight Change.
- If you are a non-elite traveler shall owe a $75 fee Same-Day Flight Change.
Also read: What to do if United Airlines cancelled your flight?
Leave a Reply