Last updated on December 30th, 2022 at 07:24 am
Travel plans can change anytime and United Airlines understands this. This is why the airline is second to none when it comes to offering booking flexibility to its customers. If you are planning on booking your flight with United, it is recommended that you purchase a fully refundable ticket. Read further for details on United fully refundable tickets.
To purchase fully refundable tickets at the lowest price, get in touch with our travel specialists by calling the Reservations Helpline Number: +1-888-906-1815 (Available 24/7).
About United Fully Refundable Tickets
Depending on the eligibility for a refund, United Airlines fare types can be classified into these categories. These categories are the Fully Refundable Tickets, Partially Refundable Tickets, and Non-Refundable Tickets. As the name itself suggests, if you purchase a fully refundable ticket, you will be eligible for a full refund upon cancellation of the ticket. With the cancellation of a partially refundable ticket, only a portion of the ticket value is refunded. On the other hand, when a non-refundable ticket is canceled, the entire ticket value shall be forfeited.
When it comes to fully refundable tickets, you can cancel the booking anytime prior to the scheduled departure. The airline shall provide you with a full refund.
It should also be noted that there are no cancellation charges applicable when the cancellation of a fully refundable ticket is requested. If you are canceling a non-refundable ticket, the airline can charge you a $200 cancellation fee for a domestic flight and a $400 fee for an international flight.
For more information on United’s fare types, contact United Airlines Live Person.
How To Book United Fully Refundable Tickets?
Passengers can book fully refundable United tickets via either of the official channels of the airline. These channels include the United Airlines website, mobile app, reservations number, and the airport ticket counter. If you choose to book your fully refundable ticket online, you can follow these steps:
- In your preferred web browser, open the United Airlines official site.
- Open the ‘Book’ tab.
- Under ‘Book A Flight’, click on the Flights option.
- Choose from the ‘Money’ and ‘Miles’ options to pay for the booking.
- Select your trip type from One Way, Round Trip, and Multi-City.
- Choose your origin and destination airports.
- Enter the number of passengers for the reservation.
- Choose your preferred travel date.
- Select the cabin class you wish to travel in (Economy/Premium Economy or Business/First.
- Now, to book yourself United Fully Refundable Tickets, you must choose the ‘Fully Refundable’ option under Type Of Fare.
- From here on you can follow the on-screen prompts to complete the booking process.
Once the airline has received your payment, you should receive a booking confirmation email. This email contains your booking confirmation code that can be used to retrieve and make changes to your booking. In order to make changes to the booking, you must visit the United Airlines Manage Booking portal.
Book United Fully Refundable Tickets via Phone Call
Customers who are having trouble booking United Fully Refundable Tickets online can also purchase their tickets by calling the United Airlines Reservations Number. It is advised that before you call the airline for the purchase of fully refundable tickets, make your phone is receiving any connection interruptions in order to get a swift service. To score cheaper flight deals, you can call the airline during the early hours of Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The ticket prices are at their lowest during this period.
If you are facing any trouble with your ticket purchase, get in touch with our experts by calling the Reservations Helpline Number: +1-888-906-1815 (available 24/7).
Apply For A Refund – United Fully Refundable Tickets
If you have already purchased a fully refundable United ticket but facing a change in plans, you can cancel the reservation by visiting the airline’s Manage Booking portal. You can apply for a refund by following the steps listed below:
- Visit the following webpage: United Airlines Refund Form.
- Click on the ‘Request a Refund’ option.
- Sign in to your MileagePlus account or fill in the information form.
- Under the Select Items For Refund section, click on the ‘Add Trip’ option.
- In order to add your trip for a refund, enter your booking confirmation number and passenger’s last name.
- Once the trip has been added to the refund request form, scroll down to the ‘The Details’ section.
- Here you can provide the reason for your refund request and attach any relevant documents.
- Finally, provide your email address and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
Now that your refund request has been submitted, if your fare type is fully refundable, the airline will issue you a full refund within the next 20 days. If you don’t receive the refund within the specified period, contact the airline for a follow-up or call this number: +1-888-906-1815.
United Airlines Refund Policy
If you have already purchased or are planning on purchasing United fully refundable tickets, it is worth your time to go through the essential guidelines provided under the United Airlines refund policy.
- Customers are eligible for a full refund regardless of the fare type purchased if the cancellation is done within 24 hours of ticket purchase.
- In order to be eligible for the 24-hour booking flexibility, the reservation must be made at least seven days prior to the scheduled departure.
- Economy Class tickets will not be eligible for a full refund if you are canceling the reservation after the 24-hour risk-free window.
- Fully refundable fares are more expensive than the non-refundable and partially refundable fares.
- Refunds are processed within 20 days from the time of the request.
- If your flight ticket was purchased via a third-party agent, you must cancel the booking and request a refund through the third party itself and not the airline.
Also check: United Missed Flight Policy
Leave a Reply