Last updated on May 11th, 2022 at 07:54 am
A Mexican low-cost airline, Volaris has been operating flights for over 15 years at this point and can fly its passengers to over 60 exciting destinations. If you have made a booking with Volaris Airlines but won’t be able to take the flight due to a change in travel plans, you are probably looking for information on Volaris’s Cancel Flight Policy.
But will you be eligible for a refund upon cancellation? In this article, we provide answers to such questions, along with details on the Volaris Airline cancellation policy, and a step-by-step guide on the cancellation process. So here’s everything you need to know before you cancel your Volaris flight.
How To Cancel Volaris Flight?
Volaris flight cancellations can be made easily online from the comfort of your home or office. For this, you will need to visit the official website of Volaris Airlines. The website has a user-friendly interface and you will be done with the entire process in a swift manner. Simply follow the steps given below:
- Open Volaris Airlines official website in your web browser.
- Log in to your Volaris account.
- If you don’t have an account, you can see the ‘Sign up’ option on the top right side of the homepage of the website.
- After accessing the member’s area, you will find the ‘Change flight’ option, click on it.
- Go to ‘Manage Your Journey’.
- Enter your booking confirmation code.
- Fill in the passenger’s Last Name.
- Press ‘Enter’ after locating ‘Go to My Trip’.
- You will be shown the flight bookings you can make changes to.
- Select the flight you wish to cancel.
- Click on the ‘Cancel Flight’ button.
- Pay the cancellation fee (if any).
When the flight cancellation process has been successfully completed, Volaris will send you a message on the email you provided confirming the same.
Volaris Airlines Cancellation Policy
Before you initiate the Volaris flight cancellation process, it is important to know about the essential guidelines given under the Volaris Airlines Cancellation Policy.
- Volaris Airlines states that passengers cancel their flight within 24 hours of making the reservation granted they haven’t already gone through with the Check-In process.
- If you contact the airline via their flight cancellation phone number, you will be required to provide certain information such as the passenger’s name, your booking confirmation number, and the email you provided when making the flight booking.
- When you have purchased a ticket for a round trip, the cancellation and refund will be applied to the total cost of your ticket and to all the flights booked.
- If you are eligible for a refund, the amount will be refunded to you via the same mode of payment that was used by you while making the reservation.
- If you have booked an entire package (flight, hotel, car rental), refund time will be dependent on the refund process of each service provider.
- For tickets purchased through any travel agents or travel agencies, Volaris states that the airline won’t be liable for the refund process.
- If you are canceling only one segment of the booking and will still be traveling on the other segments, you must notify Volaris regarding the same. This is so that the right to board the flight within 24 hours of the segment not flown is protected and upheld.
Volaris Flight Cancellation Fee
If the passenger cancels their Volaris flight within 24 hours of making the purchase, he/she will be liable to pay a cancellation fee which will be lesser than if you cancel after the 24-hour time limit. If you have already missed this 24-hour risk-free period, the airline will indeed be charging a cancellation fee. This cancellation fee can range from anywhere between $100 to $500. This amount depends on factors such as the type of ticket the passenger is carrying, the distance the flight will be covering, etc. For more information, visit Volaris website.
Can I get a refund on Volaris Airlines flight cancellation?
Yes, Volaris does provide refunds on flight cancellations. The airline strongly urges its customers to get in touch with the airline’s customer service within 24 hours of making the booking if they wish to get refunded on flight cancellations. Apart from basic information such as the booking confirmation, passenger’s last name, and email ID, the airline might also ask for legal identification, a copy of bank account papers, etc. The airline successfully refunds its passengers within seven days.
Flight Cancellation Due To Bad Weather
If Volaris has canceled your flight due to unfavorable weather conditions, the airline won’t be providing any sort of refunds or compensations as the airline states that these situations are not in their hands. However, the airline will still give you the option to choose the next available flight so that the passenger can still save their money.
Leave a Reply