A Full Guide to What United Airlines Official Site Offers
The motive behind designing United’s website was to perform maximum operations in the least amount of time. The website is highly user-friendly is regularly updated. The services that are provided range from booking flights, looking for hotels, car rentals, Mileage Plus points information, insight into different policies to making changes in the booking, luggage inquiry, and many more. All the amendments made by the airlines are mentioned on the United Airlines Official Site.
Introduction of United Airlines
United is providing impeccable service and a class apart traveling experience for the last 89 years. The airline was initially founded on 6 April 1926 under the name Varney Airlines. United commenced its operation after five years on 28 March 1931. It has its headquarters at Willis Tower, Chicago, Illinois. The airline has a fleet size of 812 and operates scheduled flights to 352 destinations. United is considered the world’s third-largest airline when measured by its fleet size and number of routes covered.
List of air crafts
Boeing 737- MAX9
Boeing 757- 300
Check out the list of major hubs of United Airlines
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport
- Los Angeles International Airport
- Newark Liberty International Airport
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- San Francisco International Airport
- Denver International Airport
- Washington Dulles International Airport
- Antonio B. Won Pat International Airport
- Narita International Airport
Let’s get acquainted with United Airlines official Site
The website is highly efficient. The website has the icons of all major services such as “Book”, “Flight Status”, “Check-in”, “My Trips” are displayed on the home page. For detailed insight, you can select the icons and you will be further directed to more links. Let us give you an example, if you wish to make United Airlines Reservations, select “Book”. All the necessary information regarding making bookings will be displayed on the screen. Passengers can its United Airlines flights status, and make any changes in their trip. For information regarding available flights and destinations. Select “Book”. these options will be displayed on the screen.
|Book A Flight||Explore Destinations|
|Award Travel||Flights to popular destinations|
|Map Search||Flights to national parks|
|United Travel options||Book other travel|
|Book with travel credits||Cars|
|All booking options||Hotels|
|Flexible Bookings||Vacation Packages|
For information regarding Check-in and COVID-19 advisories select “My Trips”. Check mentioned below the table for all the icons available under “My Trips”.
|Manage My Trips||My Trips help|
|Find A trip||Travel credits FAQ|
|View all trips||Refund/Cancellation policy|
|Travel-Ready Centre||COVID-19 advisories|
|View Travel Credits||Lost or Damaged Bags|
|Request a Refund||Reservation FAQ|
|Find a receipt|
From information regarding your destination to seating arrangement United Airlines Official Site has covered everything under the icon, “Travel Info”. Check this table for all the links available.
|Planning Travel||Days of Travel||Special Travel Needs|
|Destination info||United Airlines BaggagePolicy Info||Traveling while pregnant|
|International Travel Info||Flight Status||Travel for pets|
|See what’s open for travel||Airport and Aircraft Info||Service Animals|
|Travelling with Children||Onboard Services||Travelers with disabilities|
|Unaccompanied Minors||Travel Alerts||Special meals and food allergies|
|Travel FAQ||United Club||Travel for seniors|
|All travel Information links||Extra seating|
United has Mileage Plus as its frequent flyer program. All the information you need about the program as well as about the credit cards is mentioned in the links under it.
|Mileage Plus Program||Premier Program||Credit Cards||Contact|
|Program details||Premier status benefits||Mileage Plus personal credit cards||Mileage Plus Service Centre|
|Earn Miles||COVID-19 Premier updates||Mileage business credit cards||Contact Mileage Plus|
|Use Miles||Premier status qualification||Mileage Plus account FAQ|
|Buy/transfer or give miles||Upgrade and Plus Points|
|Mileage Plus deals and offers|
At the bottom of the page, you will find links to Media & Partners, Business services, Corporate Information and much more.
Various ways to make United Airlines Reservations
United knows its passengers and the ways they prefer to make bookings with United. The airline accepts both offline and online reservations.
For our reader’s convenience, the ways to make reservations have been divided into two modes- Online and Offline Reservations.
1.Online platform to make reservations
- United’s Website- The official website of United is www.united.com. The reservations can be made on this site with ease and comfort.
United Airlines Manage Booking is also taken care of via the website.
- United’s App- The airline provides one other online way to make reservations- United’s App. Download it on your smartphone and get your reservations done in no time.
2. Offline platform to make reservations
- United Customer support- United has a great team of customer support who works day and night to resolve your issues. If you feel more comfortable with phone calls, then go ahead and call customer service to get your reservation done.
- Airport- All significant airports have the facility to make bookings at the airport kiosk. Since United has eight hubs, the reservation is even more manageable at the airport than anywhere else.
- Ticketing Office- United’s ticketing offices are also a great option to get bookings done. People usually contact these offices for Group Reservations.
- Travel Agency- Many travel agencies work with United and helps with reservations. Travel agency comes under third-party reservation.
How to make United Airlines Reservations via its official website
By following the steps, we have designed especially for our readers; even a first-time passenger will be able to book a flight in a matter of minutes. Check the step-by-step process below.
Step 1: Open the official website, www.united.com. At the left corner of the page, you would see an icon, “Book.” Click on it.
Step 2: You will be directed to the reservations page, where you will find icons such as “Flight Status,” “Check-in, “and “My Trips.” Those are for later use.
First, enter your departure and destination locations, dates (departure and arrival”, number of travelers (adult or kids), and travel class. Click on “Find Flights.”
Step 3: If you are a Mileage Plus member, sign in to your account and enter your miles.
Step 4: United also has Hotels and Car Rental options available. You can choose to select the hotels, car rentals, and packages that have tie-ups with United.
In need of a guide to United Airlines Manage Booking?
Once the reservation process is completed, you will receive a United confirmation email. This email is essential to you. You will need this to manage your bookings and make any changes. First, log in to your United account by adding your username and password. Select” My Trips.” Click on “Manage your Booking.” Enter your Ticket Number/Booking Reference and Your Last name, and make the desired changes.
How to get exclusive deals and limited-time offers on United Flights
- United has a Mileage Plus program for its frequent travellers. If you happen to find yourself traveling with United frequently, start earning air miles by signing up for Mileage Plus. The miles can also be used on United’s airline partners.
- Wait patiently for the period when United tends to drop prices on its routes. Sometimes airlines lower the ticket fares when they introduce new routes. This is done to attract attention. If your destination falls on this route, take advantage of this promotional gig.
- We want the best for our readers and therefore advise them to start looking for flights a few weeks in advance. This not only saves you money but also keeps you from fighting for seats at the last minute.
- If you are looking at flights for a while, the system generates cookies. Make sure you clear all cookies before zeroing in on a deal.
- Flight fares have a habit of fluctuating daily. Keep an eye on these fluctuations and when you see price dropping, make your reservations.
- United Packages is United’s travel plan for certain destinations. It comes with hotels and car rental deals. Take advantage of such offers and make extra savings.
Policy regarding United Airlines Luggage
The airline permits one carry-on bag. The dimensions that need to be followed are 22*35*56 cm. One personal item such as a purse, briefcase, and laptop is also allowed but should not exceed size dimensions of 22*25*43 is. When it comes to travel classes, each one has different rules. Only one piece of bag is allowed in Business Economy. Premium Economy and classes above it can carry one bag and one personal item. United promises to deliver the bags within 24 hours, but in some unforeseeable circumstances, if they fail to provide this promise, you can contact them immediately. If a passenger files complaints of lost baggage, United reimburses you for any fee charged for transporting that bag.
United Airlines Pet Policy
Before learning about pet policy, you have first to understand what In-cabin pets are. In-cabin pets are domesticated animals such as cats and dogs that can easily fit in a travel carrier. The carrier goes underneath the seat in front of the passenger.
The In-cabin pets are allowed in certain selected United Airlines Flights only. Please check the United Airlines Official Site for the entire list of international where United doesn’t allow pets to accompany passengers.
A passenger who wants to bring his/her in-cabin pet needs to pay an additional fee of 125 USD each way. For each stopover of more than 4 hours, an additional fee of 125 USD is incurred.
These rules do not apply to service animals. Service animals are allowed to accompany passengers with disabilities on the flight—more information about this available on the Service Animal page on United Airlines Official Site.
Related Queries & Important Links