Last updated on August 24th, 2022 at 06:03 am
Air travel has gone from a miracle to reality to a necessity of life. When was the last time you traveled across the state by train? Anytime we want to travel anywhere, we all prefer flights. Sure, the seats & security lines are not very symbolic of vacation. But when you can travel halfway around the world in one day, you can’t complain. Therefore, airlines will keep booming as long as people have wanderlust. And trust us, people will always want to travel. So, it’s essential to have the necessary information on various airlines to choose the best one for you. Therefore, here at Delta Airlines Official Site, we tell you everything you need to know about Delta Air Lines.
For assistance with booking flights, talk to experts at Flight Booking Helpline Number: +1-877-563-0684 (available 24/7).
Delta Airlines Information
|Fleet Size||872 Aircrafts|
In short, Delta Air Lines is a legacy carrier in the U.S.; it’s among the oldest airlines in the world. Also, Delta Air Lines has nine hubs throughout the globe, the biggest one being Atlanta. In addition, a little unknown fact is that Delta is the founding member of the SkyTeam Airline Alliance.
So, let’s discuss some facts about Delta. For instance, at present, Delta Air Lines has a fleet of 872 aircraft, consisting of:
And aside from this, Delta has ordered 236 more aircraft to increase the fleet size. As well as replace the old planes. Also, Delta flies to 242 cities, in 52 countries, across six continents globally. Visit Delta Airlines’ official site for more details on the airline’s destinations.
It’s so hard to imagine how far humanity has come with constant innovations & technological advances.
Delta Airlines Latest Services & Amenities
In short, Delta Air Lines provide certain services to passengers during their flights. However, not every service is available to every customer. That is to say; there are specific criteria that determine a passenger’s eligibility for a service.
In short, Delta Air Lines provide onboard Wi-Fi service to passengers. So, no more going offline from your social media during flights. Instead, just connect to DeltaWifi.com in the connection list & purchase the Wi-Fi pass.
Also, passengers don’t have to purchase a Wi-Fi pass to Book, Change or Check the Status of a Delta flight.
Passengers can request special meals for them for their flight. Delta Airlines’ official site offers a variety of special meals that passengers can choose from during the flight booking process:
- Vegetarian Meals
- Religious Meals
- Dietary Meals
- Low Fat/Cholesterol/Calorie
Food & Beverages
Passengers on Delta can enjoy alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages & food. In addition, on select flights, some passengers can also enjoy particular regional delicacies. However, there are specific criteria for passengers
In short, Delta Air Lines divides the boarding process based on particular criteria. So, below is the list of boarding priorities, from first to last:
- Passengers with Disabilities
- Active U.S. Military Members
- Delta One Members
- Delta Premium Select/First Class Passengers
- Delta Comfort+ Members
- Sky Priority Members
- Main Cabin I
- Main Cabin II
- Main Cabin III
- Basic Economy
In short, Delta Air Lines divide their fare/cabin into four classes. That is to say, the classes differ based on price & amenities that they offer to the passengers. In addition, passengers can buy some extra services available to them.
Delta Airlines Cabin Classes
To summarize, this is the most affordable amongst the Delta Air Lines cabin classes. However, keep in mind that Basic Economy fares are not refundable & are not eligible for changes. Also, being the most affordable fare, there are a lot of restrictions on this fare class,
- Firstly, passengers cannot earn flyer miles on this fare.
- Secondly, Delta will automatically assign the seat after check-in.
- Thirdly, it lacks many of the amenities present in higher fare classes.
Also check: Delta Premium Economy
The Main Cabin fare is the second most affordable fare available to the passengers of Delta Air Lines. However, unlike Basic Economy, it’s not that restrictive. For instance, the passengers have the freedom to change their flights without any charges. Let’s see some more amenities of this fare class,
- Firstly, passengers are eligible for advanced seat selection.
- Secondly, Main Cabin seats are more comfortable with extra legroom.
- Thirdly, Delta converts the fare amount to eCredits, in case of cancelation.
After that, Delta Comfort+® is the next class after Main Cabin. And like previously, this class has some advantages over the Main Cabin, but it’s also more expensive. Also, this fare class has seats with 3 inches more legroom than the Main Cabin seats. Some of the other amenities on this fare class are,
- Firstly, passengers have dedicated overhead bin spaces.
- Secondly, passengers get to deplane quicker than Basic Economic & Main Cabin.
- Thirdly, alcoholic beverages & premium snacks.
- Also, passengers get access to their power outlets.
- And Complimentary Delta Studio Entertainment and Wi-Fi access.
Lastly, Delta First Class is the most premium cabin class available to passengers & similarly the most expensive. So, it’s no shock when we tell you that this class offers passengers the most comfortable seats. In addition, passengers get priority access to the airport & the boarding procedures.
To clarify, first-class passengers get through the airport & board before all the other cabin classes. And Delta provides them all the services they provide to all the other classes.
So, what are some of the amenities offered only to First Class passengers?
- Priority Boarding
- Two Checked Baggage Allowance
- Personalized Flight Attendant Service
- Premium Meals
You can choose your travel class at the time of making your flight booking through the Delta Airlines official site.
Also check: Delta Airlines Business Class (Delta One)
Delta Airlines Policies
Although airlines play by strict rules, those rules can change from time to time. Similarly, Delta Air Lines periodically amend these policies & guidelines to ensure safe & comfortable travel for passengers.
Therefore, below we’ve given you the latest updates on Delta Air Lines policies:
- Firstly, Delta has removed the flight change & cancelation fee. However, this only applies to Main Cabin fares & above and for flights operating from North America. Also, the same rule applies to flights originating from the Caribbean to N.A/Mexico.
- That is to say, flights originating outside of North America or Basic Economy fares for Delta flights are still liable to pay change/cancelation charges.
- Secondly, in case of cancelation, Delta will convert the fare amount into eCredits. Although, this only applies to non-refundable fares or in the case of a no-show.
- In case of change, passengers are liable to pay any difference in the original & new fare price.
- Thirdly, Delta has removed the Award Ticket redeposit/reissue fee. So, passengers who change/cancel their flight at least 72-hours before departure will pay no charge.
- Fourthly, Delta Air Lines has a 24-hours cooling-off period. That is to say; every fare is refundable if canceled within 24-hours of booking.
- Also, Delta will convert the fare amount of canceled non-refundable fares into eCredits.
- Lastly, Delta Air Lines no longer blocks the middle seats during booking. It was done as a precaution against COVID. However, according to the latest guidelines, it is safe to travel like before.
Details on the various policies of the airline can be found on Delta Airlines’ official site.
SkyMiles Program Details
Then, they can use those points to purchase,
- Delta Air Lines flights
- Delta Vacation Packages
- Upgrades at Delta Sky Club
Also, there are a lot of benefits & freedom related to this program, like:
- Firstly, the SkyMiles club is free to join. You can go through the joining process by visiting Delta Airlines’ official site.
- Secondly, the flyer miles have no validity limitations.
- Thirdly, there is no upper limit to the flyer miles a passenger can earn.
In addition, Delta offers its most loyal SkyMiles customer an even elevated status amongst the SkyMiles club. Known as the SkyMiles Medallion, the members of this status receive even more perks than regular SkyMiles members. For instance,
- Most importantly, medallion members get to sit in the first row.
- Also, medallion members earn up to 3 miles per $1 spent.
- Lastly, medallion members don’t have to pay charges for their first checked baggage.
Delta Airlines Popular Routes
- Atlanta to,
- Washinton DC
- Los Angeles
- Boston to,
- Salt Lake City to,
- Minneapolis to,
- New York City to,
- Los Angeles
- Las Vegas
What Deals & Packages do Delta Offer?
In addition, to a customer satisfaction-oriented service & stretched-out routes, Delta also understands financial restrictions. Therefore, they provide their customers with a host of deals & offers.
Thus, making their travel experiences more satisfactory & lighter on their bank accounts. So, below we’ve shown some of the deals & packages that Delta offers:
Delta Vacations Packages
In short, Delta Air Lines provides several vacation packages to passengers with additional perks. For instance, Flyer Miles, Discounted Rates, Complimentary/Affordable Accommodation, etc. So, let’s discuss these packages,
In short, Delta provides passengers booking this package with flight & accommodation. In addition, they can get up to $400 worth of Delta Gift Cards & 75,000 bonus flyer miles.
However, this package is only available to SkyMiles Members.
Promo Code – SMGIFT400
Enjoy a vacation package with flight and accommodation in the prestigious Melia Hotel for unbelievable prices. Although, as the name suggests, this package is only available for beach destinations & SkyMiles members. For instance,
- Los Cabos
- Puerto Vallarta
- Riviera Maya
- Punta Cana
Top 10-Family Friendly Vacations
In short, as the name suggests, passengers can book family vacation packages with Delta at remarkable prices. So, just book & take away your family on a magical vacation whenever you’re ready.
This package holds ten individual deals/destinations:
- DREAMS RIVIERA CANCUN RESORT & SPA
- W PUNTA DE MITA
- RIU PALACE PACIFICO
- GENERATIONS RIVIERA MAYA
- GRAND PALLADIUM BAVARO SUITES RESORT & SPA
- RIU PALACE TROPICAL BAY
- MARGARITAVILLE® ISLAND RESERVE CAP CANA
- HILTON WAIKOLOA VILLAGE
- WALT DISNEY WORLD SWAN HOTEL
- THE SEABIRD RESORT – PART OF THE DESTINATION BY HYATT
To make your group reservations, visit Delta Group Travel
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How do I talk to Delta customer service?
In order to connect with Delta Air Lines customer service, you have to use the Delta Helpline. There are several customer assistance departments at Delta Air Lines, so choose the one that suits your needs:
|General Sales & Services||800 221 1212|
|SkyMiles Members||800 323 2323|
|Flight Information||800 325 1999|
|International Sales & Services||800 241 4141|
|Refund Status||800 847 0578|
|Baggage Assistance||800 325 8224|
|Accessible Travel Services||404 209 3434|
|800 455 2720|
|Customer Assistance for Spanish Speaking Customers||800 511 9629|
So, just call any number, follow the IVR instructions & connect with a Delta representative.
Q. Do you need a Covid test to fly Delta?
In short, passengers flying on a domestic route on Delta Air Lines do not need to get a COVID test done.
However, carrying a negative COVID test report for international flights is necessary. Regardless of the passenger’s nationality.
Also, the passenger must get the test done at most 1-day before the flight’s departure. And at most 48 hours before entering the United States of America.
Q. How do I contact Delta about my refund?
In order to contact Delta Air Lines regarding your refund, the best method is to talk to a representative. So, just contact the Delta Air Lines Customer Assistance Refund Representative at 800 847 0578.
Then, follow the IVR instruction. After that, provide your flight information & ask for a refund.
Q. Do you need to be vaccinated to fly Delta?
In short, yes, according to the CDC guidelines, passengers need to be fully vaccinated to travel on Delta. However, in the case of allergic passengers or omitted from taking vaccines. Then, they can travel on Delta Air Lines, but they must carry a vaccine exception form with them.
Also, Delta considers a passenger is fully vaccinated if they have both their doses & booster shots. And the last shot was administered at least 14-days before the departure.
Q. Can Delta eCredits be refunded?
To summarize, Delta Air Lines will only refund eCredits under one specific circumstance. That is, in the event of the death of the passenger, companion, or close family member. Then, Delta will reimburse the eCredit amount.
However, you can only use eCredits to book a future flight under normal circumstances.
Related: Delta Change Name On Ticket